Red Roof Inn KC Sports Complex - Independence
$94
$134
$119
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
$94
$85
BestWestern.com
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
$90
$101
$129
$113
Travelocity
All reviewsthe general managerfront desk clerkslept like a babya ground floor roomsports complexbed was comfortablegreat customer servicelate checkthe room was niceoff the highwaystaff was very friendlydkerinrodriguezredroofsmithamber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped here after a long day on the road. (California to New York trip) Checked in, paid for the room and went to get the car to pull around back so I could carry in our luggage. In the meantime, my girlfriend went straight from the front desk to the room. Once I got in the room with our suitcases the first thing to hit me was the smell, the second was the look on my girlfriend's face. I knew it wasn't good. I don't smoke but my girlfriend does so I've stayed in a lot of smoking rooms and it really doesn't bother me. This room smelled like somebody had just got done smoking some dirty old socks. It was nasty, nasty, nasty. And the one bed in the room was a "Twin" not even a "Queen" I did lay on it and it basically sucked. Spent probably a total of 3 minutes in the room and went right back up to the front desk and told the guy there that we don't want it, we'll go somewhere else. You could tell that he wasn't happy but he did credit my credit card for the amount he charged it just minutes before. We went to motel across the parking lot (Quality Inn I think??) Paid about another $30 but what a world of difference in the two rooms.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
super6pluseast, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn KC Sports Complex - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking time to review our property even though you did not spend a night with us. I’m sure we could have accommodated you in a different room if the one we first provided did not meet your expectations. Since your brief visit, we have completely refreshed and renovated the property, so any odor or furniture issues have been solved anyway. We’re very sorry that we did not immediately meet your expectations and look forward to serving you at our Super 6 Plus location in Kansas City the next time you’re in town. You’ll immediately notice many differences, I’m sure. Thanks again for reviewing our property.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Rooms were inexpensively priced and the motel appeared to be recently updated. We stayed twice within two weeks - once on our trip out and once on our trip back. Nothing negative to report--everything worked and the front desk staff were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I needed somewhere to stay on short notice for a Royals game, so we booked the last nonsmoking room at this motel the morning before our stay.
The motel looks fine from the outside, no big deal, and the check in went smoothly, but the room was unacceptable. There were splotches of color where some sort of paper had apparently been stuck and then pulled off, leaving some behind. The heat light in the bathroom was broken. The walls were bare, but you could tell from some of the torn wallpaper that there had been art that was stolen and not replaced.
But the real problem was the bed. It was worn so severely that it sagged several inches in the middle without any weight on it. With my wife and I on it sagged much further, and we were both sucked so far into the middle of the bed when trying to sleep that one couldn't move without disturbing the other -- not that either of us were sleeping, because we were too uncomfortable.
We didn't have any problems with noise, and the price for this Motel 6 were by far the lowest for any chain hotel in the KC area we could find. But if we can avoid booking a room at this hotel again we will.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side so you can watch your car and park on the well-lit side of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank molotschna
motel6eastindependen, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn KC Sports Complex - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Independence for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and maintenance were informed of the problem you experienced with the bed and maintenance was instructed to see to any needed repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Motel 6 Independence. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Overall, I had a very comfortable stay here at the Motel 6. For the affordable price and location, this motel definitely deserves some recognition. I just wanted to say thanks for making my stay pleasant and comfortable. It's hard to find good hotel customer service at an affordable price now in days.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Very clean and friendly staff. .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends