“Dog is Everywhere”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Denver, Colorado
“Dog is Everywhere”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

A Staybridge guest lets their dog hangout in the guest's dining room most evenings and weekends. When the dog is not eating from its water and food dishes in the dining room, it feasts on people food from the guest's tables. This dog roams freely around the pool courtyard without the owner. Staybridge staff is aware of dog situation. Too bad since the Staybridge is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James K
LChapman511, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our facility, as well as taking the time to write a review. We wish for all of our guests to experience a wonderful stay! Our pet policy that is signed at check in specifically states for guests with pets to not bring them in the common areas, this includes the great room and pool area. I am terribly sorry that a member of our team did not address this while it was happening. If this is to ever happen again, please know that we do have a very responsive staff that truly cares about your comfort and safety & will address immediately if brought to our attention. Staybridge Suites is a fantastic brand and we truly hope to make it your home away from home when in the Kansas City area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My son moved into this hotel a week ago and has found it to be a wonderful place. I reserved a room last Saturday night (5/18/13) for my Grandson's graduation that evening and totally agree with his assessment of it. The staff are all wonderful, the rooms and amenities exceptional, including the food! I traveled a great deal in my work before I retired and never stayed in any place that even came close to how great this hotel is! A GREAT place to stay!

Room Tip: Don't think it matters where your room is.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rosenheim, Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the first time that I had the chance to stay at a Staybridge Suites Hotel. Very friendly people and excellent service. Room was perfect and the breakfast was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed in a spacious one bedroom suite that was clean, well equipped in the kitchen, and close to amenities. The breakfast included a variety of selections, fitness area contained basic equipment (could use a fan in this room) but met my needs. I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for only 1 night in order to be close to the mall for a family meeting the next day. It is less than a mile away from many ammenities. The hotel is in a newer, safe area. The room was super clean. I always do a hard check of cleanliness in hotel rooms as I have young children who touch everything. I didn't see 1 hair - not one in the entire room. That is rare! The breakfast was excellent. Many choices. Only downside was a soda machine was out of order. BTW, the room looked very similiar to the Hampton Inns we have stayed at.

Room Tip: 116 was a nice clean room facing the court yard and view of the huge hot tub and swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Independence
Reviewed September 17, 2012

In August I was unexpectedly displaced from my home. A friend helped me get a room at Staybridge Suites. My stay there was fantastic! Everything needed was already in the clean suite. The kitchen had all the dishes, gorgeous silverware, cookware, microwave, a pitcher ready for use in the refrigerator, hot pads, and more that we needed. The sleeper sofa had a better mattress than my new one at home. I am not one to care for bar soaps, but even the soap that was provided for the bathroom was awesome! The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were fabulous. All the towels and linens were top quality. Breakfast was luscious and easily met my needs for a specific diet due to my health needs. The lobby and breakfast rooms were clean. Even though this was a difficult time it truly was made more peaceful by my time at Staybridge. I am very grateful for all the hard work of each person who made my stay there so pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joanna C
Clinton, Arkansas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Every year I spend a week in KC watching the Royals. I have stayed everywhere you can think of in Independence, but now my search is over. This is the best of the bunch. The staff was as friendly, helpful and cordial as you could wish for.

The room was great. I had a Queen suite and it was plenty big. The kitchen was nice and fully stocked. My only complaint, which is the same complaint I have at every suites, is that the ice maker takes so long to start making a useable amount of ice. No problem if you are there for a week, but very frustrating if you are there for just one night.

The front desk was exceptional. They helped me book some rooms for a Bruce Springsteen concert in November--they went out of their way to help me get conneting rooms for me and my grandchildren.

Definitely my "go to" place in Kansas City. Excellent! One night at the social they had hamburgers and hot dogs. They were better than a lot of hamburgers you would get at fast food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo