“Absolutely Outstanding!!!”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Omaha, Nebraska
“Absolutely Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

From the moment I arrived, I was greeted and helped by an extremely helpful host on both trips. They explained everything to me about what I call benefits of staying at Staybridge! Breakfast and dinners included, cozy pool and hot tub, hands down the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. From now on when I travel, it's Staybridge for me, even if it means I have to drive a little further! Just can't be beat!!! Thank you all for making my stay extremely pleasurable. And thank you for honoring my military service, it means a lot to us veterans!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor on both visits so far; not a single complaint!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I recently had 8 weeks of training in Kansas City and was worried about where I would be staying for such a long period of time. From the moment I checked into Staybridge I felt welcome and comfortable. The room i was staying in was well provided with a stovetop, microwave, good sized fridge, and comfortable bed. Everything about my first half hour at Staybridge was impressive, and I could easly spend 8 weeks in a place like this. To my surprise a great room and great hotel was filled with great people, not the snobby people you would expect from a well kept and run hotel. These people were some of the friendliest people i have encountered on the road. From Mike the GM who runs this great hotel to Luis who cooks and serves most of the meals, these people were top notch. I trained during the day, so I didnt have much interaction with the daytime crew at the hotel, but I have to say that the night crew who ran Staybridge, Antionette, Tayler, and .....Morgan, were people who, after 8 weeks, you didnt just feel were workers at the hotel, but friends. These people are some of the most welcoming people I have ever had the chance to talk to, and the did one hell of a job at answering any questions or any requests I had.
To anyone who has a long trip comming up in the future, I would highly recommend Staybridge Suites, Independence MO, and enjoy every minute of it.
One more tip, make sure if you do visit, goto the Longhorn steakhouse in LeeSummit, one of the best Longhorns Iv'e ever been to. B )
Tobin66

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
pacific northwest
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Perfect ! Beautiful suite, super comfortable furnishings, wonderful breakfast, really friendly front desk staff, tasteful common areas. Will definitely stay again when in the KC area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. I went early one morning after I had been to a concert.The room was nice and clean. The front desk person was nice and helpful. My problem was housekeeping knocked on my door 3 separate times! I checked into my room after 3 am so was trying to sleep til checkout. The issue was I didn't realize they have magnets instead of the hanging thing for the door to say do not disturb. This could have been because I was sooo tired. It would've helped in a situation like this for the front desk person to mention to put the magnet on the door if I wanted to sleep late. I'm not sure what the housekeeping policy is but they knocked on my door at 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30. I didn't get up because I was not fully dressed to open the door. It was just so frustrating considering I had a long drive ahead of me and was trying to get as much sleep as possible. Other than this problem, I love this hotel. I just will know next time to use the magnet for my door if I want to sleep in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2012

From the front desk to housekeepers, everyone was accommodating. Great breakfast spread, clean room. The suites are roomy and cheery. Thanks to all for making our stay so comfortable! We will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
LChapman511, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! Our team tries it's hardest to ensure that every guest has a pleasant and memorable stay. We hope to see you again next time you visit the Kansas City area.

Regards,
Lindsay Chapman, GM
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Although not the cheapest hotel in the area this hotel offers you the best value for dollar. You get what you pay for and all of the extras really add up to make this hotel one of the best I have ever stayed at.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff is fantastic. When we were booking, we explained our needs and they upgraded us for free before we even arrived. I've never had service this exceptional. To an individual every hotel employee was friendly and accommodating.

The property is in a great location, close to the Independence Mall. There is lots of eating options in the area.

the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are well laid-out and they all include a dishwasher, microwave, and stove top. This makes it easy to feed your family when you're on the road without having to resort to burgers. The free breakfast buffet offered up solid food too.

If you want to make your own burgers, there is a patio area with grills. There is also a guest laundry that is offered at no charge - just bring your own soap and fabric softener.

Quick note - this is a hotel aimed at the long term traveler. As such don't expect housekeeping every day - they do have a note in the room explaining how housekeeping works. Personally, I prefer not having someone go through my room every day so the we don't come unless you ask approach worked well for me but it may come as a surprise to some.

You get what you pay for and all the little extras with this hotel make it well worth the money. You'll get a good night's sleep and you will feel like you're more at home and less at a hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you dearly for such kind and descriptive words! Here at the Staybridge Suites KC-Independence, we too feel that we have the best there is to offer regarding your lodging choice. We appreciate that you and your wife had selected to stay with us and are delighted that you enjoyed it so much! We hope to see you again soon!

Liindsay Chapman, GM
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This Hotel is difficult to get to at first. the Driections on the GPS on my phone did not take me to the listed address of the hotel.Then when you turn into the hotel you think there will be a back entrance on the road behind it but it is not so be carful. The Staff s very friendly. I did get a first floor room which I am usually very leary of because you have people walking by all the time. but it is designed better than most hotels where people are not walking by the room to get out of the hotel go to the gym etc. The Breakfeast that everyone talks about that is so good. I was actually a little disapointed . It's OK I have had just as good a breakfeast at the Best Western or a Hampton in etc. They do offer a diner and happy hour in the lobby during the week for guest with a roatating schedule. I did not get to participate in this but the menu looked good and the beer selection looked OK as well. The beds and the couch were nice and was able to be comfortable and it was easy to relax. The kitchenette was stocked with a diswasher and even had wine glasses! The bed was comfortable overall a good value for the money spent great for business travel or it would be good for a family with children with the breakfeast and dinner inculded !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
We are very happy that you were able to find us! We have recently updated our directions with Google and with an update to your GPS should be able to locate us better in the future. Very sorry to hear that breakfast wasn't what you had expected. We do offer everything from eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, breads, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, crumb cake, cottage cheese, waffles and oatmeal daily. If there is something that you would prefer instead, please know that you can always call me ahead of time with any requests. We always do our best to accomodate. I'm very happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Lindsay Chapman, GM