“Stupid Clerk”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Stupid Clerk”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I want to start by saying I always stay at Best Western when traveling but due to a clerks error I will find another chain to use. I did not know about this until I did not receive my reward points for that nights stay. When I contacted the rewards program is when it can to light. It seems that there were 2 people with the last name of Taylor and they had different first names and reward numbers. He told me that he had to correct my reward number but it was now correct. Come to find out this other person ( who come to find out cancelled) gets my points and I am called a liar. Nothing I say or send to them is good enough. They can now keep their points ans somebody else will get my business!!!

• Stayed September 2012
DaveParmar, Manager at Best Western Truman Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hi ktaylor604,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We like to hear about all experiences our guests have good or bad. Our goal for excellent guest satisfaction is paramount. If we aren't made aware of a particular issue, we aren't able to make steps to correct it. We are sorry your Best Western Reward points were not posted properly initially. As soon as we heard of this from your responses to our survey, we were happy to take care of this error immediately. We very much appreciate your business and was glad to hear you will continue to be our guest and consider staying with Best Western hotels on your future travels.

Dave Parmar, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is an older hotel that would be easy to drive by and look for the more modern style indoor corridor high rise. But the owners have done a really good job upgrading the inside of the rooms. The bathrooms have marble showers and the large sink area is marble too. The mattresses are comfortable and the rooms are well appointed. Light is ample. I have stayed in three different rooms, if you want a mini fridge in your room, they are available in some, but not all rooms. So, ask if you need one. Also, if you are a light sleeper, ask for the "courtside" rooms which are quieter than the freeway side rooms. The morning breakfast is a little light on selections for a Best Western, mostly pastries, cereal, and pancakes so if you are a hardy eater for breakfast, you may not be satisfied.

I have commented often how I wish we could rate with a 1/2• because some hotels and restaurants are in between rating •'s . This hotel is better than average, especially in the area and a great value and very convenient for I-70 travelers. To be a solid "very good ••••" though, in my book, the TV's need to be updated and the carpet is starting to show it's age.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter. The staff is aware of the Trip Advisor Program, mention it when you get...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The pricing can't be beat. Very clean, the room was a little tight in size, but large enough for a lounge chair with side table, and a workspace for one, fridge and microwave. More TV variety and better Internet (speed varied greatly) would have been nice, but overall, our three night stay was very pleasant. Convenient to most of KC, and great for visiting the Truman sites.

Room Tip: Inside rooms (parking vs facing roadway) are preferable for noise, first floor for convenience with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The rooms are clean, small, and the bathrooms are very small. The breakfast was exactly what was advertised - an extended continental breakfast. Nothing fancy. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was average, a fairly good price, and the staff was polite, not overwhelmingly friendly. If you want a clean, fairly small, adequate room, this is your place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed two nights while in town for the Royals/Twins game and to visit the Truman museum. The bed was comfortable and the room was mostly clean (the bathroom had mold in the corners). It was nice to have a fridge and a microwave in the room. Overall, it's a good value and a convenient location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M J
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean and cool, which is important when it's over 100 degrees out. Beds were comfortable, breakfast is good with plenty of options. The facility is older and in need of some updating but clean none-the-less. It's right off the freeway which is convenient but made the idea of swimming less than appealing so we didn't venture into the pool which was a little disappointing. In spite of being so close to the freeway, I didn't hear the traffic at all which was very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed 2 nights with my wife and 2 children. We got a room with a bed and sofa bed to save money. The room was very clean, and appeared to be recently remodeled/renovated. Except for the tube TV, but it worked. Bed was very comfortable. Children liked the sofa bed. No fridge or microwave.

One thing worth mentioning, lets say you are staying 2 nights like I did, they will automatically run your card for a pre authorization of the entire stay + $50 deposit. So make sure your card has that available balance. I tried to check in on a thrusday night but wasn't getting paid till friday (direct deposit) so they said my card was declined. So we actually had to wait until after 12am to check in, till my card could be approved. They would have let me check for the price of 1 night + 50 deposit, but I still didn't have that. Can't say thats their problem but just be prepared.

One late afternoon, the power went out. Lights stayed on due to generator. But A/C, WiFi, and land line phone stopped working. Also lost half of the TV channels. Still got local channnels. They said a bird flew into the transformer. So we left and went to eat. When we got back it was fixed.

I saw 3 different front desk staff while I was there. Some friendly, some.. just okay. I think this hotel is a good value. We stayed on the highway side, which when you are 100 feet from a highway you will here a little something, but didn't keep me up.

Room Tip: Use the "2 nights stay promotion" if staying 2 nights and booking through bestwestern.com
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
#4 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Been to Best Western Truman Inn? Share your experiences!