Best Western Truman Inn
$94
$134
$119
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
Higher Ground Hotel(Independence)
$110
$116
$59
$101
$129
$113
Travelocity
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO(Independence)(Great Value!)
$87
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbest westernsbagelspancake machinegreat place to staywould stay here againoff the highwayfridge and microwavecontinental breakfastpleasant stayfront desk staffconvenient locationkc areakansas cityvery nice hoteleasy accessparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here in August of 2011. The staff are excellent and very helpful. It is only a 10 minute drive to Royals Stadium and easy to get to other fine attractions. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It is just off the Interstate so ask for a room on the other side of it. It is not a 5 star hotel, but we were only there to sleep at night and visit the attractions during the day.

Room Tip: pick a room on the north side and on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

During our two stay we stayed in three different rooms because of air conditioning problems. We had to move at 11:30 one night. Also, one room had a terrible wifi connection. We stayed on side away from highway so experienced no noice.
The positives were a great price, immaculate rooms (remember I was in 3), great beds and linens, and a great location for visiting the Truman sites.
I would stay here again but would thoroughly check air and wifi before committing to a room. The hotel did reduce our rate by a few dollars each night for our troubles. With proper air it was a great value.

Room Tip: Check air and wifi first.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

It is obvious that the management of this property sets high standards on cleanliness and the housekeeping staff meet those high standards. Truman Inn was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed in. No dirt in the corner, no musty smells, no stains on the carpet, no cobwebs, and pristine linens. I had a problem with the air conditioner in my room and they promptly sent someone to fix it. When the repairs were taking too long, they moved me to another room. Both rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the hotel is very close to I-70 and I heard a lot of road noise.

I was in Independence for my granddaughter's cheerleading competition at Truman High School. My daughter stayed at a new Drury Inn a couple of exits east. She paid twice as much for her stay as I paid for the Truman Inn. Although different amenities were offered, my room was just as comfortable as hers.

An easy drive to a wonderful genealogy center. Midwest Genealogy Center is located on Lee Summit Road north. Being and avid genealogist, I could spend weeks in this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the property away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband & I had been having a poor experience at another hotel in the area, so switched over to this one, and were very happy. The room was really clean and nice, and was well equipped with everything we needed. The only downside here is that there is no workout room. You might also want to ask to be on the side that faces away from the freeway, to keep down the noise, if you want your door/window open while you're there. Because the weather was so great, we did!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DiAlaska
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is an average, basic hotel. Very friendly staff. Clean property. Plenty of parking and well-lit lot. The room I stayed in was very clean, but the bathroom was tiny. Very comfortable beds! The TV has plenty of stations, including 5 HBO channels! This hotel does not have interior corridors, which I prefer. The noise from I-70 and Noland Road can be somewhat bothersome during the day, but was quiet at night. Plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, and grocery stores nearby (most within walking distance). The outdoor pool was closed, since it was March. There is a breakfast offered each morning. Not much of a selection, but there are doughnuts, bagels, English muffins, fruit, 3 different kinds of cereal, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, and a neat pancake machine. Not a bad stay for the cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family