“Better Days”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #23 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and enjoy a unique dining experience at Islamorada Fish Company where you can enjoy a 10,500 gallon saltwater aquarium or the 12 ft. fireplace. During warm weather you can sit outside in our 125 seat patio overlooking an 18 acre lake. If you are looking to book a private party we have banquet rooms that seat 35 and 75 people. Islamorada Fish Company serves a variety of foods including seafood, steaks, chicken and delicious desserts.
Independence, Missouri
“Better Days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had not been to Islamorada for a couple of years and decided to go back again. I had remembered that I really enjoyed their Fish & Chips so that is what I ordered. What was outstanding is just ok now. The fish was good but not as great as it was before. The fries were seasoned and crispy fries and now are wimpy tasteless fries. I ordered the vegetable extra so I would get my greens in today and the broccoli was just shy of being yellow and old and he life was cooked out of it. If it were not for the ranch dressing on the side I could not have eaten the broccoli. The fresh bread was the highlight of the meal as well as the bread pudding. I would recommend the bread and,or the bread pudding but the rest of the food was not up to par and has raised in price with no extra vaue.

• Visited September 2012

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“A Taste of Florida in Missouri”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I were looking for some good fish or seafood and discovered Islamorada Fish Company by accident. It is not very well advertized. It is located inside Pro Bass Shop. We had eaten at the one in the Keys and liked it. Of course, we were not expecting fresh seafood out of the Gulf, but it was very good.

My wife decided on the Fish and Chips and I had the Catfish. Also we had Clam Chowder. The chowder was thick and creamy with lot of clams. We both enjoyed it. Both dinners were well prepared. The batter really enhanced the taste of the fish. Our server, Theresa, was friendly, prompt and funny. And her recommendations were right on.

The atmosphere and decor made us feel like we were back in Florida. The restaurant is open, airy and bright. We sat in a booth by the window and enjoyed the view over the lake and the waterfall in the park across the lake. Also it sports a large aquarium which was neat. With seating over 400, there is lots of room for large groups.

Our experience was very pleasant and we will definitely return

• Visited September 2012
“Great Atmospere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great resteraunt! Always had a good meal never any complaints, one of the few places you can get Aligator!

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Nice for large party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had a group of about 18, and were seated behind the aquarium. We had a few appetizers to share - the spinach and artichoke skillet was very tasty, as was an item that was no longer on the menu - potato chips with cheese and tomatoes and green onions. Yummy. We were served promptly. I'm not a fan of seafood, but there were plenty of other options. I got the pulled pork sandwich and the onion rings with a tiny side of slaw. My son liked the fried shrimp and said he'd get it again - a real compliment from him. I think we were all too full for dessert.

I loved watching the salt water fish in the tank, although the "scooper net" was utilized twice during our visit. Definitely good for a nice sized group without a reservation on a Sunday afternoon.

Visited May 2012
Independence, Missouri, United States
“No service...at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

My wife and I decided to check out IFC because we heard some great things about the food and I had also received a gift card over the holidays. We arrived and were seated promptly...and then it happened. Well, then it DIDN'T happen. We sat and waited...and waited...and waited some more. In fact, we waited for about 20 minutes and even made eye contact with the servers who were in the area and they just looked away. We decided to get up and leave. That was the very first restaurant in which I was seated and never even received a glass of water in 20 minutes. Most places have the servers at your table within 30 seconds - 1 minute. Absolutely horrible service.

• Visited January 2012