“Great German Spoken Here”

Rheinland Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 263 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you yearn for Sauerbraten, this is the place to go. I've never been disappointed in it's flavor here. My husband goes for the wiener dishes and we both love the sauerkraut. They serve a good salad and wonderful soups. Feels German when you're dining at this Independence Square location.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The dumplings with the beef stroganoff were inedible; they had so much herb there was a very unpleasant bitter taste on the pallet, lead has more culinary value. The saurbraten didn't have the slightest hint of sourness, it was just like boiled meat and the red cabbage was overly sweet. I can't think of a single redeeming feature of the dinner except the beer, and they didn't make that.

I was tempted to tell the waiter I'd tip if he could eat one of the dumplings. In the end it wasn't his fault, the service was OK so I did begrudgingly tip.

1  Thank Stuart P
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I ordered the Jagerschnitzel. Most unappealing. The meat was tough and the spatzle was gummy. Blech! I'll never return.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

While visiting Independence we happened upon the Rhineland Restaurant. Loving German food we decided to have lunch here and a good choice it was. The service was good and the atmosphere was cozy. The food was excellent, if you like German cooking. What more could you want?

1  Thank CTParks
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

From the bread to the entrees, the food was as if purchased wholesale and merely warmed up. Kraut, hot potato salad & combination salad plate. Schnitzel was very salty. Wurst was good. Spatzel was not freshly prepared, appeared to be browned in butter.