“Food quite good, but bad final impression”

Puri Rai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Manggis
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, nice decoration, pleasant music.the food is ok, shrimp cocktail delicious, but sate lilit with bones, quite dangerous.at first impression waitress smiling and polite but then we felt the regard on us.and at 9.45, the waitress came to say "u have 10minutes to finish, I want to close", I find it rude and disrespectfull, it let a bitter impression.the is bit more expensive and u can add 10%taxe.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

much to my surprise, the grilled barracuda special of the day was excellent. i only ate there once, but it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went there twice, food was always good but expensive. We like the ink squid and the soup... i forgot the name of the soup. it was pretty tasty. The pizza was decent too. This restaurant is a lot better compare to the others around the area. Service was good and this restaurant was always busy.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Komong and his crew are delightful. When we were there we adored lulu and all the staff. Can't wait to see them again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just cannot understand why this place has been rated so highly. Having read the great reviews, my partner and I headed to Puri Rai for dinner. Chicken spring rolls were "ok", but rather bland and the least tasty spring rolls we've had in Indonesia. I had the Rendang: the sliced beef was overcooked, tough and chewy and the sauce way too salty. After a few bits I could chew no more and left it. Worst rendang we had in Indonesia. The seafood basket was a joyless plate of chewy and dry seafood, including the calamari which was rubbery and could have been used as an o-ring for your scuba tank. Black rice pudding was forgettable and much too sweet. Staff however is nice. Needless to say we will not be coming back!