Topi Inn
$46
$42
Amankila(Manggis)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspadang bailots of vegetarian optionscheese fonduepandanbalidiving
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not that I've been to all bars and restaurants in Padangbai, but I can assure that this place is one of the best. I can not say anything about the hotel, because we spent the nights elsewhere. But when it comes to food and drinks it's very good.

The restaurant area is very attractive and enjoyable decorated. You can visit it all day long. The menu is very extensive and the food is very good and freshly prepared.

During the afternoon we came here for fruit juices. We could not resist the pastries either. They looked good and also tasted delicious. We also have had dinner here once and it was delightful.

Another good thing about Topi inn is that it offers even more than food and accommodation. You can also find all kinds of workshops: Cooking class, dance class, simply everything typical Balinese. Unfortunately we did not have enough time, otherwise I would have tried the cooking course for sure.

There's also a possibility to book a scuba diving excursions. Divers come here to rest, to drink, to change clothes and to complete their logbooks.

And if you want to help the stray dogs you can donate some money here aswell. Topi inn raises money for a local cause of stray dogs welfare.

The owner gets the most out of his Topi inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate at Topi every day we were in Padangbai and didn't have a bad experience. They have a large menu with lots of choices - both western and Asian. The prices are good, the food is good, the service is good - all around a great and reliable experience.
Some menu faves: mango lassi, pasta healthy, baguette sandwiches, coconut chicken curry (can't remember what they call it on the menu), anything from the cheese menu.
They also offer free wifi and really cheap water bottle refills.
Topi also has a funky, relaxed atmosphere that had us content to lounge for a bit after eating. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We didn't stay here - this review is for the cafe/restaurant only.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been visiting Topi Inn several times while I have been on my many trips to Padang Bai, and here you can get good food for prices that ranges in the middle price group. There are a large variety of juices and both western and local food - Try the Mediterranean rice salad, it's very good, and they serve good baguettes as well!
The place has a bit of a funky atmosphere and is very colourful.
Healthy food are in focus even though they also offer some home made sweets and cookies :)
Some days a week there is live music.
You can also book trips to various places in the island and they also offer accommodation. I stayed here some years ago, and it was okay, but very noisy. The rooms has no isolation so you can hear everything that is going on in the other rooms! But they offer dormitory for backpackers for a cheap price so if you are on a tight budget that is recommendable
All in all I come here for the food and the good internet connection.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I didn't sleep there, but had a yummy hamburger and chips (fries) while I jumped on the internet and also bought some lovely silver pendants / charms of ocean animals (manta, eagle ray, hammerhead shark, mola mola etc) for my family. I remember the food being pretty damn good and nice restaurant space.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

It is a lovely place to come for lunch or dinner. It was very enjoyable to sit next to the little pond and have a cheese fondue with a good book to read. when we went for dinner they had a great live band playing and the cocktails were amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple