“Stay in new hotel only!!!”

Champlung Mas Hotel
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“Stay in new hotel only!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We arrived at 9am so required a early check in which was totally fine. Booked 3 superior rooms, as I requested them to be close by each other we were placed in the older part of the hotel. First thing I noticed when walking into the room (right at the back of the older hotel) was that there were quite a few mosquitos. Then noticed the telephone did not work, and the bathroom door handle was broken. Requested to change rooms which the staff said was ok (at the same time laughing between themselves). Moved to another older style room closer to the 24hour pool. This room was the same however the aircon was working but not blowing very cold air. After trying to explain to a staff member who spoke no english at all I then requested to change rooms again. They finally put us into a room in the newer part of the hotel. Once we moved into the newer hotel the room was MUCH better. Everything worked, there was plenty of space and a seperate shower to bath. My friends however stayed in the older style rooms their whole stay, with one of the rooms locking my friend in the bathroom due to a broken door.
The breakfast was very basic but what to be expected from an inclusive breakfast.
The staff (apart from the first day) were very lovely and when ordering something to the room they were very fast and friendly.
This hotel is great for if you are planning on not being in the hotel much and are on a tight budget. It is close enough to everything you need and clean enough to handle.

Room Tip: Older hotel rooms/villas are unclean with items broken. Also near the 24hour pool so very noisy afte...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dnbadventurez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We complained 2 times about the state of our bathroom as it was utterly disgusting. It was dirty, had hair clumps in the corners of the shower, mildew, water stains and mould on the walls and floor of the shower. The basin wasn't attached to the bench, there we're ants all over the room the fan in the bathroom didn’t work. when my partner complained about our first room they simply said they were going to send someone up to clean it, which to me wasn't good enough I had to go and tell them to change our room which they did after several minutes of saying that they didn't have any spare rooms available. That room (which was the room next door to the original room) was even worse the shower was literally covered in mould and had such a pungent smell. So we complained once again and decided to stay with the original room and have the manager clean it *thoroughly*.

The line for the rooms were always stained and quiet dirty.

We we're staying with a group of people who had the pool side rooms before we decided to stay in the original room we asked if we could move into one of those rooms and that we would pay for the upgrade to which they refused. So after 4 days a couple from our group that had a pool side room left and we asked if we could take over their room and they didn’t reject.

We found the staff not very helpful especially when we we're trying to resolve our issues. We also noticed the room that was next door to the pool room that we moved into was free the whole time we we're staying at champlung mas except for the night that we we're leaving some one checked into the room.

My partner has a habit where he eats cereal before bed and when we asked for a bowl form the kitchen/ dining area they would happily give us a bowl but would then laugh at us as we would walk away.

I also had on one occasion I said selamat pagi, terma kasih ( good morning, thankyou )to one of the staff when he collected a plate from us he simply turned around and said he didn’t speak Indonesian.

The second stair well on the left (if you facing towards the front of the pool bar) that has a down light positioned quite poorly that I smacked my head on going up the stairs to my room, I received a small egg, my father was going up the same stairs at a different time and hit his head on it as well which left quite a large cut to which one of the staff saw and did nothing about it, we had to provide the proper first aid that he required.

The upstairs pool had majority of its tile's missing, the pool toys provided for the main pool we're disgusting and covered in mould. For my entire stay of 9 days I did not see them get cleaned, at the end of the day they we're all placed in a large container in the sun and left there till the next day.

The photo's attached to this review are of the state of the shower after it had been cleaned.

I did not enjoy my overall stay at this hotel and I will not be staying here in the future, I will not be recommending this place of stay.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank Christopher H

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Please don't go here. There are way better one out there. We had to change our room 3 times while we were there. First time was the faulty safety deposit and second time was broken pieces of glass on the toilet floor which was left there in a mess when we got home. We had no idea where it came from. No proper apologies given by the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank lumjos
Mandurah
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Zero stars I went to this hotel the place is such a nice hotel but THEY STOLE MONEY OUT OF OUR SAFE ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS so we set a trap to make sure and sure enough they took it so dont waste your time! I felt so unsafe and the hotel manager didn't care at all!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Rikki-jaye O
Tin Can Bay, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

NEVER AGAIN. What a mess, The firstday there I wanted a steak from the menu, Sorry No Steak, What about the chicken. Sorry no chook, no pork no fish give you noodles. The next morning I had Baccon and eggs, I don't know where the eggs came from and the baccon was off.
The room was clean but there was a water leak at the toilet that ran across the floor and down into the room below me. The leak from the room over mine leaked through my ceiling. The shower was filthy as was the floor. They did manage to buy, or find some steak and I orderd one. I wanted bigger and better than the one hundred gram that served, so they made mine five hundred grams. AT LAST. When it came out with the few veg I thought this is worth what I offerd to pay. The steak was GREEN and couldn't be eaten. I complained to no avail. Would I stay there again, NEVER, will I go back to Bali YES. I would rank the hotel BAD.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank David N Robyn N
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel has a good location --- few meters walk to the stalls, restaurants and the beach. It also serves good food., biased opinion though because I really love Indonesian cuisine.

Receptionist can guide you also where to rent a motorbike for a good price.

Room Tip: Request for a less noisy area, away from the road or pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vfmr01
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Surprisingly, 3 swimming pools in hotel. Look like 2 hotel combined into 1. 2 pools in ground floor 1 pools at main building roof level oversee beach. I book from hotel.com and give room at side building with staircase up to 2nd level. Main building have lift and newer than side building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family