“My favourite hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Champlung Mas Hotel
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Legian
“My favourite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and u stayed here for 1 week and we had a great time rooms were pretty good better then what we expected we had a pool side room which has a little balcony. The pools are open 24hours which is hard to find they also have the 2 pool bars and the old pool bar which is open 24hours as well. The roof top pool has spectacular views with a lift to gain access. The service we received was spectacular and location was very close to everything with mini marts very close. The room service was yummy with good selection the breakfast was ok u can order extras besides the buffet as well but the service was spectacular with good English speaking staff and have made really good friends there

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Stellastar01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lombok, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

this 3 stars hotel offer you the valuable price. Breakfast is served but not many varies, so you can buy outside the hotel. Convenience stores near around the hotel or you can find by walk to Melasti road. Not far from Kuta beach, since the hotel is located in the middle area so you can go to Legian street.

Our last experince has to upgrade to deluxe room in the new section because we feel comfort compared to old section room (superior). We booked the hotel from Agoda website
All deluxe room is quite spacious with all balcony facing the pool.

pro :
- strategic location
- flat TV (new section)
- separate shower room & bathtub (new section)
- cool Air Con
- friendly staff

cons :
- tooth brush is not provided (my experience better you bring your own brush since many hotels provide cheap tooth brush & paste. Only can used once)
- bath room ceiling since it moist cause mold in some part has to be managed by the hotel

Room Tip: choose deluxe room. better pool view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

we booked the old room & stayed 1 night,its is old & is being demolished soon so no work being done there.But the old pool is nice & sunny.We moved to new part & loved it,very clean,great air con,the staff were always friendly & helpful.Its in a great location close to everything,great restaurants in walking distance.I would definately stay again & would recommend to anyone...remember people this is Bali,its not the same as home,if thats what you want,then stay home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank djb61
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at Champlung Mas for the last 4 nights of my stay in Bali & it was the worst way to end my holiday. I stayed in a poolside executive room in the "new" section of the hotel.

Pros:
3 nice, good sized pools. Including a rooftop pool, 1 in the old section of the hotel & 1 in the "new" section.

Cons:
The room was NOT new as stated & advertised by the hotel. It was apparently just "refurbished."
Wet, moldy smell in the room & bathroom.
No water at all on the 1st night. Could not shower or use the hand basin. This was then fixed after hours of waiting.
No hot water on the 2nd night. Waited hours again for this to be fixed.
Cracked tiles in the shower & filthy stains all over the bathroom.
Fridge was broken & leaking water onto the floor.
Bed was very hard.
There was a massive hole in the ceiling of the bathroom about the toilet.
Air conditioner was very loud so it was hard to sleep every night.
Exhaust fan in the bathroom was very loud.
Floor tiles were cracked in the room & they hurt to walk on.
The whole ceiling in the bathroom started leaking heavily & flooded the bathroom. Apparently it was from a burst sewage pipe from the level above. It was the worst smell! I had to walk through the dirty water in the bathroom myself to collect my things so that we could be moved to another room.
The room we were moved to was not much better.
MOSQUITOES EVERYWHERE!! Thousands of them outside & as soon as you open the door of your room they go in there as well. This is the only hotel in Bali I have stayed at that does not fumigate for mosquitoes. I am absolutely covered in bites.
The food was DISGUSTING! Including both breakfast & the regular menu. Everything I tried was inedible.
There are no cushions on the sunbeds around the pool. Just hard timber slated chairs. Extremely uncomfortable.
Housekeeping were the most annoying staff in Bali that I have ever encountered. I put my "privacy please" sign on my door every night so I could have a sleep in most mornings as I was on holidays, and every single morning housekeeping ignored the sign & kept coming back to knock on my door every hour or so asking if I was ready for them to clean my room. I told them every single time that the sign was on the door for a reason!
All staff speak very poor English & it is hard to get any assistance from them, both on the phone or at the reception desk. Very frustrating!
We asked to leave our bags locked up somewhere after check-out, we went out to have some dinner then returned for our bags. They had been left in the lobby, right at the entrance at the hotel. Anybody could have taken them.
No security at the hotel.

Do yourself a massive favour & DO NOT STAY HERE! There are many other hotels in the Kuta/Legian area which cost around the same per night & are a lot better. I stayed at the 101 Legian hotel for my first week in Bali & it was great!! So I recommend checking it out if you are looking for a similar priced hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank meeowxo

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

was nice i stayed in one of the old rooms and after having a casual chat with the manager i got put into the presidentual suite. after a few days I was too sick and had to return home, the hotel refunded the rest of my stay and offered to help in any way they could. nice pool but staying in the presidentual suite is quite noisy, may have noticed it more as I was so sick and only staying in bed??

the old area of the hotel is in need of a redecoration. breakfast was ok but nothing special

Room Tip: old rooms are great and secluded but boring decor,stay in the newer rooms if you want something real...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Taneika S
Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

located in one alley at Melasti Legian street. to find a self-service must walk 500m because its location is in the alley. extensive car parking and the building is a magnificent hotel, upon entering the lobby looks main pool.
receptionist at times in His ministry is very bad at all and they did not offer to bring our goods. just drove us to the room and hoping to get tips.
we got a room that was terrible. room walls are cracked. much room floor dust, broken shower handle, mattress smelling. But ac very cold room. Our room did not provide equipment bath except towels.
there are two buildings in the hotel, nice and new building of the as seen on the website and the front of the hotel. The second building is an old building located on the side, do not expect a nice room with complete facilities and good service if you choose a room in the old building.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kirana_tp86
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fantastic holiday as always at Champlung Mas...Awesome staff... everyone of them! Cant do enough for you. Stayed in old part and loved it as always. No complaints whatsoever. So many Aussies who return to Champlung for the same reason...Staff and Atmosphere. Had so much fun with these people who we have met on many occassions. LOVE IT! Cant wait to be back there. Mezzy and Johnno

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends