“Hotel or Building site? - You choose...”

Champlung Mas Hotel
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed May 29, 2011

In summary, three words - not for me.

The location is the only positive thing that I can say for this place.

I stayed here with two Indonesian friends and was rather embarrassed that I had made the mistake of choosing this hotel. If I hadn't prepaid to an Agent, I would have found somewhere else.

The staff are helpful and try their hardest, however it is clear they are making the best of a bad situation.

The hotel is generally run down, the rooms are shabby, There are only local TV channels and well, if you like mosquitos, you'll be in heaven. I actually thought there were more mosquitos in the room than outside at one point. I had to go and buy Bug spray as the hotel had ran out.

There is a building site next door and I echo the previous review, non stop noise dawn until dusk (well sometimes pre dawn and post dusk).

Please, think again before booking here. You'll be glad of it..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hz88

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with friends even though I had read the reviews on here I thought that it couldnt be that bad... I was wrong. The room was rundown and aweful as was the hotel. It had no holiday feel what so ever. The air con made all three of us sick. The hotel was infested with mosquitoes, I had to cover myself with spray at night in an attempt to keep them away. The renovations that are on each side of the hotel start first thing in the morning and continue throughout the whole day so you constantly hear banging. The food is very average. The only good things that i can say about this hotel is that the staff are friendly but you can get that at most hotels in Bali. Take my advise, even though this hotel is cheap to stay at, it is not worth it!! Pay a little extra to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank nayz80
Reviewed April 26, 2011

we have just spent 2 weeks at champlung mas and for what we paid i think we got a great deal apart from our toilet not being bolted down and making aloud clungy noise everytime you sat on it everything else was what you would expect for the $$$ paid friendly,helpful staff.have been to Bali 4x and have never experienced so many mozzies but it did rain a bit while we were there and the hotel did spray so they were doing everything they could to deter the problem we purchased mosqito coils and this solved the problem.I would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rielly10
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for abut the tenth time. To say it has deteriorated badly is an understatement. The staff, pool and breakfast are all good but that is where it ends. We had the superior room. The entry door was rotten across 10 inches of the base. the slide lock was broken. The verandah poured water when it rained, the outdoor furniture was broken and rotted and the main beam was severely termite eaten. Inside the aircon worked to a degree, I pulled a plug out of the wall socket and the whole socket came out of the wall exposing bare live wires. The outside bathroom had been fully enclosed due to building works for the new Champlung Mas next door. Two air con unit compressors emptied into this room making it a hot 45 degrees day or night. There are two building sites on two sides one operates 24 hours a day the other finishes at 10PM. Try renting a condemned building in an industrial area for more satisfactory accommodation. I reported the problems three times and the manager gave me two small beers woohoo that really made up for it. NOT

Room Tip: The best rooms are at a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flanno_11
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Although location is good, this is the only thing going for it. I stuck it out for a week but left 4 days early and cut my losses... The rooms are ok and air con great, however only Indonesian TV (not that I watched much). The bathroom smelled rancid and then something (maybe a cat or very large rat) had managed to get stuck in the roof and constantly scratched and tried to crawl its way out keeping me awake for the last 2 nights. Construction going on on both sides of hotel starting at 8am on the dot 7 days a week. One night still going at 1.30am. Power was completly out one night upon returning at 1.00am and all I got was a tea light to find my way back to my room. The staff however were very curteous. No chance of any refund of accommodation if you've paid up front. I refused to pay my extras bill and DVD hire.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LCATSydney
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is not a hotel feel like you staying in jungle, got infected by mosquito, towels in bathroom were horrible, ask for double bed and got single bed, bed sheet were like never washed(stain), This hotel doesnt deserve any star and they got two star, sounds funny. Crack in main door of room, On other side, few people in staff are realy good, toilets near the swimming were in realy bad conditions, Moreover, you have to wake up in morning at 7am bcoz construction people next to hotel make horrible noises. on other side few people in staff is really good.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank summit11
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This place is dreadful. Mould on the walls, no hot water. Mosquitos and other insects breeding in the rotting wood bathroom. Rats in the outside courtyard.
I originally stayed here 6yrs ago and it was run down then, so times that by 6yrs and what a disaster.
The management do not care , are rude and abrasive, the Balinese staff however are wonderful, and tried their best.
On a good note, the pool is well maintained . The bar is run down but still enjoyable. The other guests (mainly Australians) were great. Location is central to shopping and
clubbing
We arrived late at night and moved to another hotel the next day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends