For a low budget hotel in the middle of Kuta, it was a decent place. Rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. Off the main streets so you don't have too much traffic noise. Fruit, toast, and tea breakfast included with more available. Free wifi in the common areas, worked fairly well (though it cut out from time to time, which I've experienced off and on throughout Bali.) Feels fairly safe for such a crowded area.
Downsides: No power points in the room. Area is messy and crowded (not the hotel's fault but matters when you're staying there). Rooms are small and a bit dim but still have enough light leakage that it can interfere with sleeping if you're sensitive to it.
Overall: Worked well enough for my wife and I to get into Bali, see a few things, and get our feet on the ground. Wouldn't go out of my way to stay here but if you don't need much it's a perfectly fine place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel is located in the famous village of Legian, a pleasent 10 minute drive from the airport, 4 minute walk (100 meters) from the world famous sunset beach of Kuta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sayang Maha Mertha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Legian
- Sayang Maha Mertha Bali/Legian