“The staff makes up for the lack of warm water”
Review of Bali Village Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Legian
Bali Village Hotel
Ranked #80 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here June 2012 with my friend. The first night we arrived my friend had her bag stolen from a motorcyclist nearby (not to alarm people from going). When we notified the staff they ensured that the next 9 days were the most enjoyable ones we had, and always made sure we felt safe.
Unlike some reviews, we had a perfectly working air conditioner, although it did seem to rattle some nights. There was a definite lack of hot water. When the staff was notified they tried to fix it, but unfortunately most showers stayed cold.
I would recommend people to stay here if they are on a budget and are just looking for somewhere to sleep. There is so much to do in Bali that a comfy bed is all you need.

Pros: The amazing staff, cheap eats, cheap room, clean room.

Cons: Cold showers, older hotel.

(Big shout out to all the staff from Ebony and Kimmy)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EbonyLee

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpfully, rooms are old and not too small but could be cleaner, overall value for money for a convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here april 2012 with a friend twin share, i'll start by saying the staff are lovely, the location is great and the surrounds are quiet and homely and the breakfast was good. The pool is awesome. the rooms were of good size BUT.......the sheets were stained, the airconditioner even though was on set to 18 degrees never punched below 27 and there were bugs everywhere. the windows had no screens (thus no having the door or windows open). The bathroom was a whole other story...I'm not sure it had been cleaned since it was built, actually had a dirty water mark that was like a thick pool of mud in the bathroom and the toilet smelt like a sewer. Holding your breath was the only way to use the toilet, which was also in the same room as the shower and basin. I had tried to email the hotel several times before we arrived with no answer and when we arrived (as we booked a package) we were told they had no record of our arrival. I was very disappointed and thus we movbed after only 1 night stay as we couldn't handle it, even though we'd paid for 6 nights. Thsi place also goes by the Bali Village Bagak Hotel.

Room Tip: do yourself a favour and find another hotel until this one gets a thorough cleaning, it would be an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank misssarahjane7
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Firstly for the price I paid (£20) per night, I wasn't expecting luxury.

This hotel has the opportunity to be much better but it is clear that the underinvestment is showing it's toll. It is a pity really. It appears to be being run on a shoestring budget with student staff. I didn't see anyone that appeared to be in charge. Every member of staff was 'training'.

Nonetheless, I liked the ambience, even though it is on a quite busy street, it is set back and the bungalow arrangement is quite cozy and you are hardly disturbed. When I say 'hardly', I use the term loosely as there were large groups of teenagers staying there who seemed to find it fun to be running around at 2am and other unsociable times firing water pistols at Guest room windows - so do be aware of this, the hotel seems to fill itself up with these groups.

The room was reasonably clean, the shower pressure was a bit hit and miss - it seemed that if you use it at the same time as your neighbours, you will get a drizzle, if not it is okay.

The air con was not at all cold when we first checked in, so I investigated and it appeared to be the filter so I cleaned it myself and that solved the problem.

The breakfast was okay, I can't really judge as it was included in the already low price. Some days it took ages, some very fast.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hz88
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The rooms were very old and dirty. Strong musty smell in the bathroom. Mould on the walls. The toilet didn't flush properly, I had to use the rubbish bin to flush. The shower wasn't stong enough to rinse my hair. The towels and the rug were yellow and stained. The ben linen was yellowish-grey but smelt fresh laundry though. Staff was nice but I don't understand why they wouldn't clean the rooms properly as they didn't look busy at all. Breakfast was just ok but tables covers were stained and had holes. Swimming pool was small but clean. Poor value for money as I paid 55USD per night. I booked for 3 nights and wanted to check out as soon as I arrived but they wouldn't saying that I have to pay for the whole stay (they had my Visa through the website I booked with). I will never stay again and do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moi0306
Reviewed August 11, 2011

When I was booked into this hotel I read the reviews and was very nervous indeed.
I was pleasantly surprised and would happily return there.
Accommodation is I'n modest 2star bungalows but clean and cheap.
The pool is a great place to relax with no crowds.
Hotel location is 10 minutes walk to the beac and next door to Seminyak. A great location just off the mad hustle and bustle of the main drag.
They include a fulll American breakfast and the whole place is currently being upgraded with the young staff undergoing extensive training.
For me it proved good value and a happy retreat. I have visited Bali 5 or 6 times before I'n the last 25 years.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Oljon
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I would recommend if you're well travelled, want a cheap and convenient location and don't intend spending a lot of time hanging out in your room. The rooms here were comfortable and reasonably spacious but really, really dated and average, as was cleanliness. The bathroom was dark and dank and our toilet didn't flush properly, so you really wouldn't want to suffer a bout of Bali Belly here. Nontheless, we're used to travelling on a shoestring and didn't expect much for the price. We actually really liked it because it was small, uncrowded and more personal than a large complex where you are isolated from meeting others. We met some great people there whilst relaxing at the pool bar - the lime crushes were fantastic - just order heaps of extra lime! If they were at full capacity the pool would probably be too small, but it suited our purposes for cooling off after a hot day and socialising with others. Some of the staff were really great, some really not that interested, but we didn't have any problems. They were honest and helpful. We ate there a few times, but only Indonesian food, which was quite good. If your a little fussy and want some luxury, you should probably look elsewhere. It was a typical, older Balinese style place that has not been well maintained but had a kind of run-down, chilled-out charm, which was what we were looking for and we were happy with our stay. For cheapskates and those without high expecations.

Room Tip: Go for the family rooms, larger and ligher.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple