“Happy Villa Diana guest”
Review of Villa Diana Bali

Villa Diana Bali
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Happy Villa Diana guest”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had never heard of this property and I've been to Bali many times

I met a fellow Australian at a tiny Balinese spa, we started chatting & she took me here. I moved in the next day. I am still in contact with the Australian; we became great friends. She's stayed at this property many times.

I've read some of these comments here and I can't understand them. Anyone who goes to Bali to stay in the ONE place for meals is, in my opinion, a little bit sad!

The breakfast here is clean, adequate and tasty. It's not five star but it's a lovely way to start the day.

The staff members are all SO very friendly! I felt like I was leaving my family after staying here for 10 days.

My room was lovely, cleaned daily and was perfect for what I wanted. I needed privacy, air con, and a small hotel.

Make sure you carry the business card of the hotel with you so that drivers know how to get you there.

The courtesy bus will take you to the airport, so that's a saving.

Remember to always tip anyone who helps you with your bags in Bali. The porters, the front desk, the drivers, the hotel staff, the airport staff. Westerners live like royalty in Bali and this is a third world country.

I would recommend this hotel to people who want to be off the main drag and have some privacy. The pool is lovely. There were no kids so that was a blessing (please, take your kids to big resorts where they can make as much noise as they want! I say this as a mother; we need a break!).

It's minutes from anywhere you want to go.

I loved it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

6 Thank Tracy G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

hotel was nice, but situated near a canal, which was very smelly, staff were great, food left a lot to be desired, bed linen/towels bit grey, not a lot of drawer space.
Woukd I stay here again, don't think so.

Room Tip: lower floor rooms are nice as you have good access to the pool,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank lilygrt
perth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed in Villa Diana numerous times; in both the hotel rooms and the private villas. I have loved every stay. The staff are amazing, the included breakfast is great and it is in an excellent location between Kuta and Seminyak. Lovely hotel. Stongly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank zoeglasfurd
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a short stay at Villa Diana with our family when we came to Bali in August and we all thought it was great value for money. The pool area is lovely and never busy and the staff are very helpful. It is in a backstreet so best if you have the address to give taxi drivers. We had a ground floor room overlooking the pool which was very nice, modern and very clean. The bathroom was nice but the shower was over the bath and was very difficult to get into because of the high decking next to it. It would not be suitable for anyone with mobility restrictions. Being in Legian it is very close to Kuta and Seminyak so very central The breakfast was very nice and the pick-up service from the airport was a bonus. Overall it was excellent value for money. We usually stay in villa-type accommodation but for a short stay we would definitely stay in their hotel rooms again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Janep0303
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked one of the 3 bedroom villas for a group of 6 people. The price was comparitable to other 3 bedroom villas in the area ( so not a budget option). We had arranged to be picked up from the airport with their shuttle service from our flight - did not arrive. We had the VIP airport service ( a must if coming through the Dempensar airport) so our concierge arranged a taxi shuttle for us for a very reasonable price ( be careful at the airport as you can be overcharged for the taxis - which I have noticed is happening more in Bali). I suggest if you find a good cab driver get his number and ring them personally when you want to go anywhere.
The hotel is definately very boutique and not a member of a large chain so is very quiet and personal. The villa was really good and the private pool is a must. My partner and I stayed in the upstairs room above the living area - room size was great. The TV reception is a bit iffy and the bed was way too hard for me but my boyfriend slept well. The biggest problem was the air con. It did not work at all. The other two rooms had exception air con. We complained the second day of our stay and the maintanence came and looked at it - said it was working - but still did not cool the room ( was a big downfall of the villa).
The rooms and the villa and pool were cleaned daily with fresh lines and towels. Whilst there, on dusk everyday the staff would come and turn the lights of the pool and gardens on, which gave the villa a beautiful amibence.
The daily breakfast was good. The coffee was awful. The staff were pleasant ( but we do tip very well, for everything, which I would suggest everyone keeps in mind, as it improves the service anywhere in Bali). The room service food was good not awesome but edilbe.
It is located in a back street and most of the taxis had problems finding it - so it is not very well known. Everywhere though is in walking distance.. and some of the best restaurants are close by in Seminyak.
Overall, I would return to stay in one of the villas with a large group. I would not stay in one of the single rooms as they were not very private. The wifi only worked around the pool and did not reach any of the villas. The reception was not very helpful ( so not good if it is your first trip to Bali) but the rest of the staff were lovely and friendly. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting a private villa for large groups. I did expect more for the money and did not get any of the services that were supposed to be provided in the deal ( butler, nanny).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Legend015
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at VILLA DIANA several times now and always find the staff very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are modern and clean and the room rate is extremely compeditive especially with breakfast included in the tarrif.
The 3 bedroom viilas are private (they have their own private pool) and roomy and set to impress. The other rooms are modern and clean the only small complaint would be the mattresses will need to be replaced in the near future.
The location is a little way out from Kuta being on the border of Legian and Seminyak. However once you get your bearings it's not so bad. You are about 30 mins walk to the beach and 45 mins walk to the heart of Kuta. Taxis are very cheap so getting from one place to another is not a problem. Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are booking a delux room the upstairs rooms are ,in my opinion, more favourable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank steve p
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fantastic couldn't have asked for more and the villas are absolute value for money and beautiful!!!!!! Not too far from Main Street in kuta! The staff are fantastic and so very friendly. We can't wait to go back again!!!!

• Stayed April 2013