Sun Island Hotel & Spa
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$80
$69
$119
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$134
$101
$203
$172
Agoda.com
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$76
$125
$272
$188
$130
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
All reviewsswim up barrooftop poollove hotelquiet roomthird flooramazing hotelbusy streetwould stay againnight lifemoney exchangeevery morningsuperior roomlegian streetstayed here for nightsmin walk to the beachlight sleeperrooms are small
Reviewed June 24, 2014

First and foremost: location location location!
Front desk was very friendly and welcoming. The icy cold scented face towels were just what i needed upon arrival. I thought I saw Mayta on her name tag (sorry if I got your name wrong), but kudos for an excellent welcome she gave me.
Pool was amazing and I was well-baked during my stay there. Pool staff was very friendly and efficient.
Room was cozy. Central air-conditioning means room was always cool. Bed was clean and comfy. Bathroom was small but sufficient. Balcony sliding doors are not airtight though and thus allowing warm air to seep in as well as rattle when the wind is strong. I solved this by stuffing the curtains into the gaps.
Housekeeping was prompt and always did a good job.
Breakfast was a simple layout varied enough for a second or third helpings.
I didn't try the restaurant or room service menu but from the looks of it they seem delicious!
Overall very impressed and very satisfied with my stay at Sun Island Legian. Definitely will be recommending this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: I was in Room 420. Far from the slamming gates everyone is bothered by.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank JaredJaded
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear JaredJaded,

Greetings from fun and pleasant Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel in your recent getaway. I am pleased to know that you had a fantastic time. I appreciate your willingness in pointing out some highlights of our hotel. Glad that you liked our location and the welcome from Mayta and other team members. We are indeed committed to surpassing our guests' expectation. It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed our facilities. Thank you for your feedback regarding the sliding door; we will look into the problem and find a solution. I also appreciate it that you recommend us to other travelers. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Starting from the most important factor.. price was awesome! It's also very easy to access mini-markets as one is just right in front of this hotel and other restaurants when starving. Staffs are also very friendly and well-trained. The hotel itself is very clean from the outside and when it comes to the room, it is kept very fresh and neat. The breakfast is wonderful! Various choices of food. The three days I spent in this hotel were unforgettable and just.. fantastic! :) Looking forward to staying here again. Hopefully, this quality is maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy C

Dear Cindy C,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian!

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay in our hotel, and for sharing some important highlights, such as our convenient location and well trained staff. However, above all, I am pleased to know that your getaway in Bali went as you'd expected it. Please rest assured that my team and I will keep raising our bar high in giving our guests most memorable and indulging stay. We are looking forward to your return, but in the meantime, I am wishing you a pleasant weekend!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a recently constructed hotel (I have been watching the construction progress on my regular trips to Bali).

Rooms are fresh and new with nice bathrooms and universal power sockets. Breakfast in the morning is nice but needs pancakes/waffles!

This hotel has 2 pools, one on the 3rd floor and one on the roof. The 3rd floor pool is great to drink in and watch the passes by on legian street below. The roof on the top floor is great for sunbathing but the pool is very shallow.

All the staff are great and very friendly with good english, I was chatting to one of the security guards for half and hour! Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Micah C

Dear Micah C,

Greetings from vibrant Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our new hotel. It was pleasant to hear that you loved most aspects of your stay. I appreciate that you consider us the best budget hotel in Legian area; thank you for sharing the details of your stay, including pointing out our pools and breakfast variety. As you mentioned, our staffs are well trained and committed to exceeding guests' expectation in delivering our service. Having said that, we are all looking forward to your return!

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This isn't your traditional Balinese Hotel, so if you're after lush gardens and a bit of serenity maybe you should consider somewhere else. On saying that, for the price this place is great. It's a 5 minute walk to the heart of the nightlife and has restaurants surrounding it in all directions.
Best security I've experienced in Bali so far. You need your swipe card to use the lift and then gain access to your floor.
The rooms are a bit small and there's no view, but the amenities are excellent, in room safe, TV, aircon, and a bidet!
The horizon pool on the third floor is nice, as is the restaurant downstairs. The breakfast is typical buffet and well set out.
Recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
SunIslandHotelLegian, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear mattfear,

Greeting from the lively side of Bali!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian. I am pleased to know that you liked most aspects of your stay. Thank you for considering us value for money and pointing out some of our important features, including our location and security system. I appreciate you for recommending us to other travelers. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.