“Great value for money - enjoyable stay”

Bali Court Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #53 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here for a week. We had friends staying in the hotel as well.

Check in was easy and seamless. We had booked a hotel room – I emailed when we were booking and asked what the best price was. We received a discount on the internet price – which made the room very affordable.

The room was basic – but clean and comfortable. The room was serviced each day. The bath in particular looked old and like it needed a good scrub – I kept meaning to ask the staff to do this, but kept forgetting to.

The hotel is small – there is a central pool with rooms around it. The pool was a reasonable size and because the hotel is small, never overly busy. There were lots of places to sit around the pool and chat to friends and other guests. It was very clean and very appealing.

The staff were lovely – they were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The included breakfast was basic, but nice. It included a pastry basket and juice. It was a nice way to start the day. We ate at the pool a few times, and the food was always lovely.

The only downside to this hotel is that it is not as secluded from the road as some of the others – so you can hear a lot of Bali noise – bikes, chatter etc. This is only during the day though – it is very quiet at night, due to the location.

We would stay here again in a heart beat. Excellent value for money. Our whole group had a wonderful stay here. It is not as luxurious as other hotels you could chose - but for the price, they exceeded our expectations.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank PixieK85

Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed in the Hotel for a week, the first two nights we had to stay in a twin bedded room and then was moved to a double which we had originally asked for. The room was by the pool and was big and well appointed. We had a DVD player in the room and were able to use the free wi-fi in the room also. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rockyGoldCoast
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for a week following high recommendations from a friend and were not disappointed.
Bali Court Hotel will be my first choice when returning to Legian. The pool is small but there is always space around it for you to relax.
We found our massive apartment (Number 105) spotless and beautifully furnished, the kitchen was more than adequate for our needs.
All of the staff fantastic and attentive. We had to book an extra night there at the last minute and found them extremely accommodating.

The restaurant offered a range of fresh meals and cocktails at reasonable prices. They are also happy to accommodate vegetarians.

There are a range of shops, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance and the beach is a 5 min walk via the Jayakarta.
Tip: take a map or a card from the hotel as it's small the drivers may not be familiar with the location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ermelbow
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I travel to Bali every year and have stayed here twice and both times had very good experiences. The hotel is in a really good location (my favourite restaurant is just across the road) it's not on the beach, but is in close walking distance. The good money changer is across the road, as well as really good leather shops etc. and it's close to Seminyak as well.
The hotel is really quiet and quite often we were the only ones using the pool, which was so nice!
The breakfast is small (continental) but we knew this upon booking and as we were staying at other hotels that had big breakfasts included, so it was a nice fresh change.
The staff are always really nice and helpful, although I don't think they speak or understand much english, but were still very friendly!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emmy S
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night and it was ok. In my opinion equiv. to a 2 - 2.5 star place in Australia, possibly 3 due to the restuarant, room service, and pool facilities. The facade gives the impression of a 3-4 star place.

The room was airconditioned and quite spacious compared to other places. The bed and sheets were clean but the floor was very dusty (you could feel it on bare feet). The bathroom looked to be 35+ years old with some minor renovations done (shower head with decent pressure) There was mould in the corners of the bathroom and the little bottles of shampoo/conditioner looked refilled as opposed to new which doesn't seem very hygenic. Most of the bathroom fixtures looked to be made of painted rough iron (as opposed to chrome plated like the shower head) so rust was also visible. The sink had no strainer of any type so the drain just looked like a black hole.

Safe was provided for but had no instructions with it so I had to ask how to use it (was also locked when I got there).

Kitchenette provided (kettle, cups, instant tea/coffee, small bar fridge)

Was affected by 2 power outings and the Wifi wasn't free.

I ordered dinner at the restuarant but it took seemingly forever (45mins for skewers and rice) to make and seeing as how I was the only one there eating at the time I didn't see why.

They require a copy of your passport so bring your own photocopy to save trouble (I believe they don't have their own copier since they said they'd require 15mins to photocopy it - luckily I brought my own copy)

The good thing is that it's surrounded by lots of little shops that you can easily walk to.

The staff were really friendly too.

I didn't hate the stay but I didn't love it either. The main reasons I chose to stay here was proximity to where I had to be the next morning and the decent price. I probably wouldn't stay here again since I prefer a clean place but if you're not too picky on the cleanliness it would be a decent stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank crudman
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was in Bali on business, and found my 2 week stay at The Balicourt faultless! I stayed in Apartment 306, which was on the top floor. The privacy this afforded was excellent. I believe the Apartments are privately owned, and I must say that the owners of this apartment have shown a lot of pride in its presentation!
The sound of children's laughter is a wonderful way to start the day. Having the school up the road only enhances the location of this Hotel.
The staff are WONDERFUL! By the end of your stay, you will be referring to them as your family!
The food is great, whether you wish to eat in the restaurant, by the pool or room service.
The breakfast menu is extensive - from asian through to big breakfast. (The breakfast included menu is continental - if not enough, you can always order from the a la carte menu at a very reasonable price). Of course, you are surrounded by a host of excellent restaurants if variety in your diet is required!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kembali01
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Over the years I have stayed here more than 20 times. The reason I keep on coming back is because this place is welcoming, inviting and overall the staff are just so professional and friendly. I really don't understand how some people can post such negative comments (obviously they are just miserable people who are impossible to please)
The staff always go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome including the hotel manager and owners.
Whilst staying here you must try the Hot Mango restaurant, the food is of 5 star quality.

• Stayed: April 2011