“Good but not great”

Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night and it was ok. In my opinion equiv. to a 2 - 2.5 star place in Australia, possibly 3 due to the restuarant, room service, and pool facilities. The facade gives the impression of a 3-4 star place.

The room was airconditioned and quite spacious compared to other places. The bed and sheets were clean but the floor was very dusty (you could feel it on bare feet). The bathroom looked to be 35+ years old with some minor renovations done (shower head with decent pressure) There was mould in the corners of the bathroom and the little bottles of shampoo/conditioner looked refilled as opposed to new which doesn't seem very hygenic. Most of the bathroom fixtures looked to be made of painted rough iron (as opposed to chrome plated like the shower head) so rust was also visible. The sink had no strainer of any type so the drain just looked like a black hole.

Safe was provided for but had no instructions with it so I had to ask how to use it (was also locked when I got there).

Kitchenette provided (kettle, cups, instant tea/coffee, small bar fridge)

Was affected by 2 power outings and the Wifi wasn't free.

I ordered dinner at the restuarant but it took seemingly forever (45mins for skewers and rice) to make and seeing as how I was the only one there eating at the time I didn't see why.

They require a copy of your passport so bring your own photocopy to save trouble (I believe they don't have their own copier since they said they'd require 15mins to photocopy it - luckily I brought my own copy)

The good thing is that it's surrounded by lots of little shops that you can easily walk to.

The staff were really friendly too.

I didn't hate the stay but I didn't love it either. The main reasons I chose to stay here was proximity to where I had to be the next morning and the decent price. I probably wouldn't stay here again since I prefer a clean place but if you're not too picky on the cleanliness it would be a decent stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank crudman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Nelson Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was in Bali on business, and found my 2 week stay at The Balicourt faultless! I stayed in Apartment 306, which was on the top floor. The privacy this afforded was excellent. I believe the Apartments are privately owned, and I must say that the owners of this apartment have shown a lot of pride in its presentation!
The sound of children's laughter is a wonderful way to start the day. Having the school up the road only enhances the location of this Hotel.
The staff are WONDERFUL! By the end of your stay, you will be referring to them as your family!
The food is great, whether you wish to eat in the restaurant, by the pool or room service.
The breakfast menu is extensive - from asian through to big breakfast. (The breakfast included menu is continental - if not enough, you can always order from the a la carte menu at a very reasonable price). Of course, you are surrounded by a host of excellent restaurants if variety in your diet is required!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Kembali01
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Over the years I have stayed here more than 20 times. The reason I keep on coming back is because this place is welcoming, inviting and overall the staff are just so professional and friendly. I really don't understand how some people can post such negative comments (obviously they are just miserable people who are impossible to please)
The staff always go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome including the hotel manager and owners.
Whilst staying here you must try the Hot Mango restaurant, the food is of 5 star quality.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank BB747
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

I booked this hotel on a Friday night through an accommodation booking internet site and landed in Bali the next day. I was familiar with the Legian area but had never looked into this hotel. The price I got was almost 50% off what the hotel site offers. I requested a ground floor room near the pool and got exactly that. I opened up the door and stepped straight out into the pool area (which is really pleasant - some shaded and some in full sun, plenty of lounge chairs). As it is only a small hotel it was reasonably quiet. I thought the room was very clean and had no complaints about anything. The location is central to everything. The breakfast is adequate. The staff are very helpful.
They stored our bags on the day we were checking out and allowed us to have a shower in a spare room later in the day before we had to catch our flight back home. My 19 year old daughter and her friend also stayed there in November 2010 and described it as beautiful. I certainly liked it much better than the larger hotels, eg the Jayakarta which are nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Navik5
Geelong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

This place is terrible, in fact so bad we could only dump our bags in the room and then go out searching for somewhere else to stay for the next seven nights!!!
Checked in around 12pm only to find no electricity at hotel. Room was closed up and smelt like wet dog. Having put our bags in the room, we could not lie down due to stains on the bed. Clearly the rug had not been washed. I contacted reception and they provided us with a CLEAN one after inspecting the stain. Room clearly outdated, chipped furniture and no security at front of hotel (you'll be hard pressed to find a hotel without security over there!)
When returning to the hotel approx 4pm to collect our bags and check out, electricity was still not on. When checking out the service was terrible and at no point tried to correct my concerns, rather tried to double charge my credit card $70US (one night's deposit). I am still in the process of trying to get this money back considering we were unable to even stay one night at this boutique hotel.
Please do yourself a favour and don't stay here. It'll only disappoint you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bellalubliss
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

this was our third stay at the Bali Court Hotel, and as usual everything about the hotel was fantastic. It is by no means a 5 star hotel, but it suits our needs perfectly, with friendly staff, good rooms and is in a great, central location, AWAY from the nightmare that is Kuta.
our ground floor apartment fronted directly onto the pool, and there were always plenty of sun lounges around for all the guests.
the staff were always willing to help with any request and Agus brought out pool toys for the children to play with, which was nice of him.
all in all, it is what we come to expect when we come to bali, and when compared to similarly priced hotels Bali court (formally courtyard bali hotel) wins hands down. we have previously stayed at Rama Garden on JL padma, which is not where near as good as here, and it is comparable to the Lokha on JL Padma, whilst cheaper and in a location that we feel to be much nicer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scoobasteve1985
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed at the Bali Court for the last 4 nights of my 2 week adventure and wished I had called it home for much longer. My room, which was on the 2nd floor, was clean, modern and quiet.
The hotel staff were ultra friendly and very helpful. The restaurant was simple, yet yummy. For $65/night, breakfast was included.
Just a short walk from the beach and in-between Legion and Semyinuk a perfect location! Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo