“would go again but rooms need to be mossie free next time”

Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed December 22, 2010

service was great they went out of their way to please, pool area was clean and a good size, rooms needed better lighting, our room had gaps in balcony door so mossie bites were hard to avoid. Although they tried their best with mozzie coils and bug spray. Breakfast needed to be served indoors as to many flies and bees which my daughter is alergic to hung on and around the food. The hotel was a great location and quiet part of street. Our room was peaceful and quiet which we like the hotel did not attract party animals which suits us. The staff were wonderful and helpful on all levels. We had the superior room which is their cheapest one $170 a night and did expect not to be bitten at that price level. The other more expensive rooms seemed to be mozzie free I think we got the unrenovated room it just needed a basic fix of no mozzie gaps in doors and brighter lighting in the room lead lighting would be great and we will be back in a year.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ravisred10

Reviewed December 5, 2010

Having stayed in numerous places around the world have never felt the urge to write a review, but, the hotel lives up to its 4 star rating and only lacks the extravagance for it to be 5 star, the staff would have to be the best I have ever come across, only to pleased to satisfy any requests, the food at the restaurant rates with any top place on the Island and is reasonably priced $8-$12 for mains.
For the shop-a- holics lots of nearby stores, leather shops and silver jewelers to spend your money and not the same crowds or pesterings you get in Kuta.
We stayed in a Deluxe room so I can't comment on the other room types.
Will stay again at this resort on our next visit.
Obviously the Manager is doing a great job, his staff were brilliant!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pacpet
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We booked to stay for the final 2 nights of our holiday here and decided to treat ourselves to a Suite Room. We had stayed the week at two fabulous hotels prior to this but had always wanted to try the Niksoma. The Niksoma was by far the most expensive accomodation we paid for during the stay and the room was the most disappointing. We were led to believe that a Suite Room gave us an ocean view.....There are only 4 Suite Rooms but only one of them (the one on top of us) gets an ocean view. Extremely disappointed upon being shown our room. It was quite a big room but was very worn. The floors were very scratched and marked and the lounge was a bit worse for wear. The bed was big and comfortable but the bathroom was very small and had a shower over the bath - something I hate and had not expected from a Suite Room - particuarly as we had just come from hotels with beautiful bathrooms. Bathroom was also a very hot and stuffy room. We had to get them in straight away to fix the airconditioning as the room was very warm - but they did come and attend to this quickly.There was a large flat screen TV and DVD provided. The Suite room was right behind the pool area so easy access. The pools themselves are lovely - although they were very warm to swim in. The breakfast was beautiful and the staff were very friendly. There was free wifi available in the pool areas which was great. Location is great which is one of the main reasons for choosing this hotel.

1  Thank Fabbo8
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The Bali Niksoma was the first place in Bali I wanted to stay but after being swayed by its being more expensive we never stayed. That was 2006.
Forward to 2010. I turned 50 and I wanted to stay at the Niksoma and I did & I am so happy that I did!
This hotel exceeded my expectations in so many ways. It was such or should I say is as I am still here, a wonderful place to end my 4 week trip.
From arriving to the hotel on Legian beach, lovely welcome drink, handtowel and warm reception. We did get put into a twin room when we'd asked for a kingsize bed but it was quickly and effortlessly changed without fuss.
Lovely deluxe room which was on the 2nd floor with a balcony. Aircon nice and cold (strange you can't put it below 18C but it was cold enough) a typical modern Bali room with lovely big LCD TV on the wall, dvd and CD player, piped music if you wanted it, in room safe, huge kingsized bed (well two beds put together but very comfy). Pillows were too soft to me but heck I'm a princess, I'm sure if I'd asked they would have got me some more!

The hotel itself is beautiful, in my style, not Baliesque in that rustic style, which is nice the first few times but I like a little luxe to stay in and it ticked all the right boxes.

Room TICK
Restaurant Hitana on the beach TICK
Look of the hotel, its position & architecture TICK
The staff TICK TICK TICK I cannot rave highly enough about the staff. The manager of the hotel is obviously doing the right thing, staff are warm and friendly and caring. They remember you and don't seem at all fake in their friendliness. Sometimes can be a little too overcaring but really is that so much of a problem? I think when I'm in Bali, I'm often hot from the humidity and don't want to say hello to everyone I see and that's really what I mean.
The lovely pools TICK-ISH Ok they look beautiful and the only problem I have to say is if its been a hot day the water is warm, but its typical in Bali, its bloody hot so the water is going to get hot. There was a lovely spa which was shaded all the time and the water was cold, beautiful and refreshing. If it was overcast or early in the morning, pools were cool. This would not deter me from the hotel. I did make that comment in my feedback when I left the hotel.
Proximity TICK The hotel is pretty much next to the Jayakarta off Padma Utara and it is superbly located. 3 little warungs right outside the entrance, Mugshots Coffee shop (Aussie Owned), laundry across the road (too expensive to get laundry here), ATMs (incl Commonwealth for Aussies) just at the end of the beach road (Jalan Pantai Legian & Jl Arjuna), a 2 min walk to the restaurants on the beach to the right of the hotel, cabs buzzing by every second (get a Bluebird taxi!), what more could you want!
The 'je ne sais quoi' quality TICK This hotel just gets it so right. It is not perfect, but no hotel every is but it comes close on all accounts so much so I am now back here at a second stay within the week as our Jetstar flight was cancelled and after being put up at a hotel in Sanur which will remain nameless (its huge and suits airlines having these problems, but compared to Niksoma its like get me out of here!) and me getting an ear infection from too much playing in the water, we came back to open arms literally at the Niksoma. They were so welcoming to have us back when they thought we were already back home in Melbourne!
They seem to have a very update to date modern owner/manager here who really knows how to treat people the right way including their staff.
Even got invited to a cocktail party for people who were staying at the hotel more than 6 days, it was fantastic meeting more staff and the drinks kept coming and food, never had this before!
This hotel is on par with the Langham in Melbourne which is a 5 star hotel and one of our favourites.
Oh yeah and great groovy music playing around the pool, bar, restaurant area. There is no swim up bar but I like that, you can order food & drink by the pool having said that.
We will be back I can't wait!

Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed at Niksoma just for 2 nights, the free airport shuttle service was there on time with no problem at all. The check in procedures were handled smoothly and we were directed to our room with less than 10 minutes. Our room(Superior) is basic but good, it looks to a backyard nice garden with chairs to be seated if you need. The room was big however we have a lot of moschitos with no repellent in the room, this created a small probem to us but handled with our own sprays. There was a construction in the hotel(not disturbed us at all) seems that they are renovating the rooms, I believe after this construction finishes, it will be the best rersort around !
After searching around the hotel we decided to eat at Niksoma all nights(2 nighst) as for us, it's restaurant was clearly the BEST one around. The prices were ok and the food was delcious with a perfect seaview ! The open buffet breakfast was simply the best in our southest asia holiday !

There was a happy hour(actualy happy hours; starts from 18:00 through 23:30) pay one get two for the coctails and I can't recommend "Mai Tai" more...as it was the most delicious coctail I have ever drank for many years !!(IDR 7500 around $8 for 2)
There were two lounge(day) beds fronting to the fantastic sea with the relaxing big wave sounds and we almost stayed laying on them all the time with our drinks !! What an amazing view was it !!
The resort is just a suprise for Legian area. I personally didn't like the area as most of the shops were closed after 6 pm giving a dead place feeling.
We wanted to try the SPA but was all booked.

If we go to Bali again I will definitely stay here again !!

Reviewed November 7, 2010

What an amazing resort. Nothing was a problem. Rooms were perfect. We stayed in a deluxe twin room for 7 nights. Excellent breakfast, great pools and such lovely helpful staff. No annoying people selling things out the front and in a perfect spot to walk into Kuta if you want but you are far enough away that you would not even know it was there. Only tip we have is there are not heaps of lounges by the pool (there are enough just not extra) so ensure you get down early to get prime position.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Can’t wait to be back at the Bali Niksoma in a few weeks. Celebrating my 30th trip to Bali. The last seven trips we have stayed at Bali Niksoma. You can’t beat the hospitality. The staff is amazing and friendly. The new restaurant is the best on that stretch of beach at Legian and their restaurant Mozzerella in Padma Street offer great food and a very good price. Perfect start to the day with a huge varied breakfast and overlooking the beach. Happy hour is fun and the pool staff offer fresh fruit during the day, glasses of cool water, fresh towels. I must admit the pool is always a bit too warm. I have just read the last two reviews and can’t believe the negativity. Sorry guys I just hope you registered your complaints at reception. I am sure they would have dealt with your issues in a professional manner. Having stayed in the property so many times I have never seen any rooms facing a brick wall. Are you sure you are talking Niksoma? This hotel offers value for money simply furnished large rooms which i understand are having a bit of a refurb. The staff offers hospitality second to none. It is a perfect vacation.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends