“Perfect location”

Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Legian
“Perfect location”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

HAve stayed here at Niksoma many times.Staff are always fantastic and you cannot fault any of them. The property is fantastic and the pool is divine. But this time it was a bit disappointing that people are putting their towels on seats very early and reserving them even when they are sometimes out all day. Staff should take towels off if not back in 1 hour, that is what the signs say. But people should be more considerate and not leave it up to them. Please do not change Niksoma and end up like the Padma.

Room Tip: We are happy staying in the rooms that start with 1.. But speak to the reception staff Natalie or I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Perfect2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was superb. We stayed here for a week and from the minute we walked in, the service was exceptional. The pool was outstanding and having the view of the the beach and of the boardwalk made it feel like we were part of the scenery. Much better than being closed off and secluded like other resorts I've stayed in.

Room Tip: I recommend spending a little extra on the Junior suite, like we did, as the Deluxe rooms are very...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle W
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

i booked a table for 33 people at the restaurant that is attached to this hotel. And what a wonderful night it was. The food was served unobtrusively. The entertainment was great. they decorated the chairs and put up a banner for me. WONDERFUL.

Room Tip: my daughter stays here all the time and she said all the rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Whilst the staff were amazing, for the price I would expect a much higher standard. The property feels very cramped and needs a revamp. Many of our friends have raved about niksoma and we didn't feel it lived up to expectations.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a better room as the location of the standard room is average
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Apretty
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Currently sitting by the pool, I can see the ocean past the infinity pool. The pool boys are bringing me water and complementary fruit. Walking distance to many amazing places for dinner and impeccable service. My only bother is a slightly warm room. The air-con is not quite as effective as I would like which is important when it is hot. But other than that. Amazing, I will be back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goldielox89
Newburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just came back from spending 5 nights at the Niksoma ( 26th - 31st July ). I have to agree with the majority of reviewers on TA in saying it is a very good, well run hotel.
My only complaint which I feel has to be highlighted to future T.A customers is watch out if booking a Suite Room.
As this was our last 5 nights on our 22 day tour of Indonesia we decided to book a Suite Room after reading the following description in the Niksoma
Website :

Suite Room
When elegance meets sophistication. All foru suite are equipped with an in-door living area and 42" flat screen TV with individual balcony. The rooms utilize four poster bed on
parquet floor and together with state of art audio and DVD player. where teh upper level rooms equipped with balcony with stunning view to the swimming pool and the ocean.

We also booked directly through the hotel therefore there was no third party involved.
When we checked into our Suite one of the first things we did was go onto the balcony to check out the “stunning view to the swimming pool and the ocean” Wrong !
View looking over rooftops of the rooms below and into a tree which fully obstructs your view to the pool and ocean. As soon as we saw this I requested the Duty Manager “Miss Ika” I think , to the room and asked if she could show us the “stunning view to the swimming pool and the ocean ?” and strangely enough she could not show us. I then requested to be moved to a Suite with the Views advertised and I was duly informed that the hotel only has one Suite with these views and it was occupied.Very disappointed with this as it is a very nice hotel and well run by the majority of the staff.
We never even had a call from the General Manager whom I believe was informed of this complaint.
We did not let this issue spoil any of our time at the Niksoma though we do think it’s very bad practice to falsely advertise something you don’t have and even worse have your customers pay the extra for something that’s not there.
Due to the complete lack of customer care and false advertising by senior management I'm going to have to give the Niksoma an avarage rating.

Room Tip: Watch out for False Advertising by the hotel management if booking a Suite Room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Geoff-Fife
astama, General Manager at Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mr Geoff-Fife,
First of all, on behalf of the team members of Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort, I would like to express our sincere appreciation for your recent stay with us. It was unfortunate that you encountered an inconvenient situation with the view of the room. Please accept our apology as when you would like to move to other preferred room it was being occupied, as we were running full house for the suite during your stay. Your constructive comment is very highly appreciated and valued. I am extremely sorry for missing you at that time. I should have made an appointment to meet with your good self so that I could express directly how important and valuable your comment is. The grown up vegetation is being trimmed so that the expected view is sustained.
Once again, I would like to express our genuine gratefulness for your valuable comment. All team members of Bali Niksoma are looking forward to being given an opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future. Sincerely yours.
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights with our 2 and a half year old. Overall we loved this resort. The best parts were the swimming pools - 2 large pools and toddler pool, the location - right on the beach near to shops and restaurants, breakfast buffet - big range of yummy foods, the Balinese dancers with Balinese buffet was great value (sun night)- our little one loved it and the staff were super helpful and friendly.
The things that were not so good were that to rooms were pretty run down and they put us in an upstairs room right at the front (beach side) which was really noisy with fireworks at night and music from the hotel restaurant (so loud like they were playing in our room!) until 10:30pm, which wasn't ideal with I toddler with an early bed time. I would have thought they would have put us in a quieter room considering we have a little one. Next time (yes I would go back again) we would request a room at the back and on ground floor.
We had a great time here and I thought it was very kid friendly, but not too full of kids.

• Stayed August 2012