“Poor service, low quality of room”
Review of Balisani Padma

Balisani Padma
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Bali, Indonesia
“Poor service, low quality of room”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stay at this Hotel for 10days total, will not come back anymore.
No hot water and when was presented to front office (manager???) he said to wait 20/30min and let the water waste trough the bath…(very very concern about the wastage…) at the end we discovered that they just need to switch one the boiler outside each villa… but of course they need to save money…
The fist 7 days no bkfst buffet, only fruits (the pineapple was not mature at all), coffee and tea, 2 juices (make from powder). Likely I try to ask for omelette and toasted bread, well, the lady chef was bit annoyed to accomplish my request.
Service staff no exist, just talk badly behind the guests (my wife is Indonesian and she translate me everything) this is UNPROFESSIONAL and very bad to the peoples that pay their salary.
On the 8th day the owner of the Hotel was there and the bkfst buffet was very good, fresh and well presented. I did mentioned to the lady was there and she put her eyes down.All service team was present, full of gardener amd engeeniring staff around, even the services staff at the pool bar present.
Room is old, bad is noisy, mattress old and stinky, bad sheet old and dirty, towl old with holes.
In the bathroom wall there was 2 holes made from someone to spy from outside, we catch that and cover it with tooth past.
Swimming pool water very cold
We will never come back and we strongly NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone, there are many cheaper hotel and better served in Bali.
BYE BYE

Room Tip: "do not choose this Hotel"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brunswick, Victoria
Reviewed August 14, 2012

There were good and bad aspects to this hotel, and unfortunatley for us, the bad outweighed the good, and we only stayed for two nights out of the 5 we had booked.

Firstly the good: The hotel is in a great location, the grounds are quiet, and not far from the beach, the cottages are cute and breakfast is included every morning.

The bad: There are no in-room safety deposit boxes, we had no hot water and the wooden bed base groaned with every small movement. Unfortunately I'm a light sleeper, so this meant very little sleep for me. Coupled with no hot water, we ended up checking out and moving somewhere that didn't have these issues.

I personally wouldn't stay here again, but I can see the charm of the place, and if the issues mentioned above were rectified, then I would definitely reconsider.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were looking for a nice hotel less than $50 a night close to padma beach and found this gem. Very simple and clean, it is close to shops and markets. It has onsite massage and nice pool/bar. QUIET !!!! We paid $45 a night breakfast and tax included.
The only problem we found was that the bed was noisy, really noisy ! waking you up eachtime you move ! We told the staff to fix it.

Room Tip: More expansive rooms are on the gound floor in separate bungalows. Cheaper rooms are near the entry...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vinni f
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Nice intimate place but really a once grand old lady of a hotel..needs maintenence. Doors don't lock well, looks a bit shabby. Standard rooms would be OK at $25-$30 but they are overpriced. Cottages at $10 a night extra are much better.Nearby hotels at similar prices have beach front access and fancy gardens.
BUT I liked it and enjoyed the staff and a cosy atmosphere

Room Tip: cottage ok standard rooms bit gloomy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ROD L
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Most sites either rate the Balisani Padma as a 2 or 2 & a half star. If you judge this hotel on this star rating & you get a good price as online as I did for US$43 per night including breakfast & all taxes then I consider it excellent value for money & is my second year I have stayed at the Hotel. Balisani Padma Hotel is located on Jl. Padma Utara in Legian & this street is the back entance for hotels that are on the beach & where no cars are allowed on beach front from Jl. Melasti almost all the way to Jl. Double Six ( Jl. Arjuna ) & there is a wide walking path on beach front, If you require a higher standard of accomodation stay in this area on the beach front but expect to pay US$250 per night & upwards of that cost !! My room only had indonesian TV but there is a Satellite TV in Manur restaurant by the pool. If you enjoy live sport probably the best bar in the area in fact probably for Kuta, Legian & Seminyak is in front of the Garden View Hotel 5 minutes walk south on Jl. Padma Utara just before Jl. Padma. I had a minor problem in my room which Mr Sujana who is the Supervisor or Manager got it fixed for me & also rang several times & visited my room to check that everything was okay. I just got the standard room which I found quite spacious on the first floor ( there is just Ground Level & First Floor ), There was a good flow of water in the shower & 2 towels & bathmat changed daily. Air Conditioning was good & because I was on the first floor I had a small bacony which I good contemplate the day. I like the Balanise style architecture & the tranquil grounds with nice trees but still without being too big a hotel. Best of all I love the pool because it is not too large & most of it is not above your head & has a swim-up bar. When you are in the hotel you feel completly relaxed & forget the bustle outside the hotel grounds. Another reason I choose the Balisani Padma is the walking distance to restaurants & bars that I like in Jl. Padma Utara, Jl. Padma, Jl. Sahadewa ( Garlic Lane ) & Jl. Melasti & if you go North on Jl. Padma Utara on the sweeping bend where Adika Sari Bungalows are & then where the bend straightens you will find Petit Cafe on the laneway which is the back entrance to the Bali Niksoma where food is made with love, the prices are so reasonable & you may have the pleasure of meeting Dobie who often greets the restaurant guests, then continue on Jl. Padma Utara to the back entrance of Jayakarta Bali & even though it does not look like a road continue straight on to Jl. Double Six ( Jl Arjuna ) where you will find Warung Asia just before the corner of these two roads & on the corner an excellent Italian Pizza Restaurant & across the road on Jl. Double Six Warung Murah. I feel secure putting my valuables in the safe at the Balisani Padma Hotel even when I stayed a couple of nights away from the hotel & I like the fact you get a mix of tourists staying at the hotel including Indonesian & the fact that normally it is not a noisy yahoo hotel where you can't get any sleep. The staff will treat you well & have some patience if you have a minor problem you should be able to get it sorted out !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank gerald553
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

A group of 5 of us (of which my partner and I had a seperate room) stayed for 9 days and could not have been more happy. We are students so a budget hotel was appropriate for us: you get an awesome place for what you pay.
The location is amazing: the beach is a 3min walk, shops and markets and restaurants all within walking distance, and only a 10min (with traffic) taxi ride to the centre of Kuta for minimal cost. (taxis and drivers are always waiting out the front so you never have to wait long for transport. Always travel the Blue bird taxis and ask for the meter.)
The staff are friendly, speak english and are so cute. Loved the breakfast ladies, and Jew who made delicious cocktails by the poolside bar. Very easy to organise day trips with drivers through the reception (however make sure you ask for a driver who can speak english)
We stayed in a cottage room. Downsides was the size of the toilet (knees banging on the door); just a hand spray in the bath (but was more than efficient with hot water) and a creaky bed (but what do you expect with a wooden base). Fittings are slightly dated and no international adaptor.
Positives: Huge bed! Air con was amazing (slight muggy smell when we first entered the room but after 10 mins or so of the door and windows opened and blasting the air con, the smell went away and did not return for the duration of our stay. Again this can be expected in a humid, tropical climate.) They glady gave us more pillows when we asked. Private with balinese architectural styling. Spacious stoep where we could all enjoy a few drinks.
Breakfast consisted of noodles, veggies, rices, pancakes, fruits: water and dew melons, pineapple and papaya; toast and eggs done anyway you like: Definately try a mixed omeltte-yum! Juices, tea and coffee.
The pool is amazing although does not get much sun in the afternoon. Limited lounge chairs however the beach is only 3 mins down the road. Spa and massage right next to the pool but don't go by their times.
All-in-all we loved it here and would def reccommend it to friends travelling on a budget to Bali.

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are the bigger, better choice however be prepared for a small toilet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Location was the only good thing about this hotel. Paying what we did we did not expect something amazing but the rooms were run down, the bed was very noisy and the lack of wireless was inconvenient. In comparison to where we had been staying staff weren't as friendly or helpful.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple