“What a way to celebrate your 60th!”

The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Legian
New Zealand
“What a way to celebrate your 60th!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband organised a weeks stay at this amazing hotel as a birthday treat for me. We couldn't fault The Stones. The staff were amazing. So helpful, polite, always ready to help with a smile and nothing was too much trouble for them to organise for us. Our room was perfect, very comfortable beds and pillows and we loved the bath on the deck with all the spa treats to go in the water. Lovely meals, including a huge range for breakfast. The staff were happy to make me my daily fresh juice,as well as personalised omelette's. The security was a comfort. We loved every minute of our perfect stay. Would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Do search out the infinity pools at the front of The Stones on the main road opposite the beach.(Par...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TCFriends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I give this hotel a 4 and a half out of 5. It was absolutely beautiful, only a very minor issue preventing me giving a perfect score card. I enjoyed our 4 night stay, it was wonderful!

From the moment we walked in, staff were so lovely and friendly. Always greeting guests with a warm smile that made you feel welcome. We were offered a lemon grass and melon flavoured icy pole and a cold refresher towel on arrival while concierge checked us in. Our bags were taken up to our room immediately with us, so I was able to have a shower after our flight right away - very much appreciated!

We stayed in a general standard room, no pool view or balcony but it didnt matter. The room was very spacious, bright with plenty of natural light and clean. We had a mini fridge, a coffee machine, a safe in the room, ipod dock, and TV with local and international cable channels. Modern bathroom facilities, despite the bizarre layout of it (intended to save space, it works well, just strange, not a "room" as such).

The gym was well appointed and equipment clean and new. Staff member was friendly and gave us a tour. The star of the property is certainly the pool, lobby and vertical gardens on exterior walls. Wow! Hammocks on a little island off to the side of the swim up bar, plenty of loungers in and around the pool, bean bags and fresh towels neatly rolled up inviting you for a swim around the deck. Just gorgeous. Spent many relaxing hours pool side and in a hammock!

the included buffet breakfast was also excellent. I enjoyed breakfast daily, with so much variety i had something new everyday. The egg station was manned by a friendly man who made my eggs perfectly every day. The pastry island bench was so good, croissants and scones etc, very nice. Also the freshly squeezed juice made to order was great!

My minor issue preventing a perfect 5/5 score is that our shower leaked water onto the bathroom floor as there was a slight gap in the shower door and wall. So that was a minor annoyance having a wet floor and soaked bath mat every day - also, the shower had some mould in the hard to reach corners of the grout and floor. Could have been cleaned better for a 5 star property.

Another minor problem is that the walls were rather thin, I could hear my neighbour throwing up into the toilet quite clearly from our room with our TV on. Perhaps they went a bit too hard at Sky Garden, Vi Ai Pi or the resident hotel bar Blue Sapphire the night before? Maybe they tried a mushroom milkshake that didnt agree with them? Bali Belly? It wasnt a major issue, we were only in the room to change into swimmers after breakfast one morning, so we werent sticking around long to be bothered by it, but id imagine if you are a light sleeper with a noisy neighbour at night, it could be an issue for you. Not for me however, I sleep like a log.

Security was tight, an xray machine at the lobby for all incoming guests and a car check at the boom gates at the very front of the property ensures tight security for guests. They were friendly security guards also, always smiling! Never felt scared or intimidated. The Blue Sapphire bar/club at the front of the property is fun and I enjoyed drinks here too.

Overall, this property was excellent and I highly recommend it. I would love to return some day, thanks for a great holiday. Well located along Kuta Beach, an easy beach stroll up to Seminyak from this location will take about 15 mins or so, but the time flies when having a nice walk along the beach...it didnt feel long at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CheekyChops_xoxo
Bangalore
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Given ratings as 2 due to location...nothing else. I kept wondering what autograph collection means and once I landed into this hotel, realized it's a face off. They use Marriott name to lure customer however no where close to it. I made a reservation with 2 double beds, and was given a room which had 2 single bed. When I reached out to front desk, I was told, this is what they mean by double bed. The way it was explained to me was that it's my mistake to read it as double bed and expect double beds, instead I should read it as double bed, however should expect single bed. The duty manager was rude enough, and gave me a msg that it's her way or highway. I kept on asking what's marriott relation with this property and she kept on saying its autograph collection and a 5 star property. When I asked for her manager, ans was they are off duty, and upon insisting to speak to GM, I was shifted to a room with king bed and given extra bedding, probably the worst Room in that hotel.
I would seriously ask any rep for Marriott who is reading this msg to look at what ever relation they have with this hotel. Please be aware this is no where close to the worst properties that you might have visited for Marriott. They are much better. Marriott should be on run to save their name.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank PuneetBhugra
South Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed with a friend on a 4th floor room, only down side was that it was so far away from general amenities and that it didn't have a pool view with a balcony. If we had that little extra definitely a 5 star experience. Great security, staff are wonderful, food brilliant, enjoyed the pool side bar, massage within the complex. Have already referred to friends. The Stones is away from the hustle and bustle on the streets, yet the beach is only across the road. Prices are higher than in other areas of Legian but you expect to pay a little more in such an exclusive resort.

Room Tip: Definitely, one with a balcony, but away from the busy part of the complex
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently attended a Conference at The Stones which is a large elegant hotel in Legian.

Pros: Good level of security, very good conference facilities, excellent breakfast buffet and a great pool area. Plus lovely staff that go out of their way to be helpful and pleasant.

Cons: Room design is very unusual. When I opened the door to my room I was standing in the bathroom. I then walked through the bathroom to access to the bedroom. (no other option).
Only a curtain separated the bathroom/wet area from the bedroom area. I found this configuration both strange and impractical.

The hotel is very good as are the staff. Overall rating is Average due to the very strange room design.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Sue M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a short but busy 3 days in bali and glad we chose the stones hotel as it offered facilities bar none-we used everything and found it first class and the staff welcoming and the food tasty and appetising-we will definately return as the location made it easy to get around bali and attend to our commitments(given the short time frame).

Room Tip: we chose a garden view room as we wanted quietness at the end of the day
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank cleaner53
Sydney
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel in a pool view room. Could not fault anything with this hotel.
Service was excellent, Breakfast - Great with so many choices. Even though the hotel is large the service is impeccable with nothing being too much trouble. Couldn't see the value in a Premium Pool Room as these rooms are always shaded and you have no balcony.

Room Tip: Pool view room is the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends