“We will be back!!”

Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Gold Coast
“We will be back!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the get go, the place is stunning and the staff were soooo friendly, smiley, welcoming and attentive, they really made our stay in Bali amazing. :) Thank you!
Our room was so well kept, was super clean, fresh towels and water are provided and bath bombs and salts by the beautiful deep balcony bath tub were a lovely treat!
The food and cocktails were amazing and the nightly entertainment was varied. We particularly loved the saxophone player of an evening on happy hour and were sad we missed the fire twirlers.
There is a day spa in the complex but expect Western prices. -We opted to go to Murano Day Spa in Seminyak. They have a driver pick us up (20 min drive) and then we just taxi'd home ($5) Murano Day Spa were beautiful and had great prices yet in a beautiful spa environment. Think rainforest meets modern design. $25 for an hour and a half massage, cream bath, followed by ginger tea and Biscuits! Score!
I was a tiny bit nervous to have our first overseas holiday in Bali but the security really made us feel safe.
Now I cant finish this review without letting you know about the wonderful driver we had, Kadek Joe - he was so kind and gave us lots of information and we really enjoyed his tours and his company. He speaks english quite well and the price was great too. I strongly recommend him! joekadek@yahoo.com or call him on +62 823 4252 3951.

3 Thank crystal a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just got back from bali, while we were there we stopped in at the stones for a sticky beak and ended up staying a night. Oh my god what can I say this hotel is fantastic, from the bath on the balcony to the sun lounges in the water, we will definitely be back. He tones is the best.

1 Thank beachbum6565
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just finished a 2 night stay at the Stones. What a wonderful hotel. We were upgraded to a pool view room. I wished we had stayed longer. The staff were great and provided exceptional service. The location was great and close enough to the shops. Once you were in the hotel it was hard to imagine that busy Kuta was just down the road. The extra security was great and I would definitely stay again. I would recommend this hotel to all my family, friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are excellent
1 Thank Tersia C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I go to Bali quite often and usually I stay in the pool villa in Seminyak area as privacy is what I need when I am on a holiday. So it was a new attempt to stay at a hotel where there are public areas with other vacationers.

I stayed for 10 days this time and I have to say that I enjoyed every second of it!
It is a big hotel but it was not crowded.

The room is very spacious and clean. Daily turn-down service was impeccable!
The room service was delivered in a paper box, Chinese style which I found very cute!
I love to listen to music all the time and BOSE iPod dock came in very handy!
Espresso machine in the room, what else can you ask for!
Bathtub on the balcony is quite something! Around 5pm they have a DJ on the rooftop of the pool bar and a saxist from time to time and it was the best time to take a bath! Listening to chill-lounge music with beautiful sunset! (too bad the convention centre blocks the beach view! Otherwise you could enjoy Kuta beach sunset from your own balcony!)
Big pool, the sun beds in the water, the pool bar, hammock, cabanas, everything is just perfect!
Must try “The Bucket List” with Bintang at the pool bar, the prawns are awesome!
And the location, location and LOCATION! It is so easy to walk to Seminyak or Legian, day or night. Definitely more convenient than when I stayed in Seminyak.

I was really well taken care of and I cannot thank the staffs enough for making my holiday amazingly fabu-licious! 

Would I come back and stay at The Stones again? Heck yeah!
I strongly recommend The Stones! It's worth every penny!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JJC_SG
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a new hotel under Marriott's Autograph Collection brand. My type of design - fuss-free, clean, modern and refreshing. Never regretted the decision to stay here along with 2 other friends and indeed the hotel did not disappoint. Upon reaching the hotel, we were impressed by the very big lobby. Checking in was a breeze and we were also served popsicles as weather was humid . It was easy to converse with the staff as all of them speak good english and were very helpful and friendly. The room we stayed in was big, spacious and very clean. Other amenities includes the big gym room with the brand new equipments, a big lounge room where you can surf the net or read and there is also a swimming pool with cabanas. Not forgetting to mention the dedication of their very own Director of Rooms, Christy Gunadesa, and Executive Chef, Christopher Smith, for leading great talents in the property. Overall it's a SUPERB HOTEL and i really enjoyed my stay there! The Stones Hotel Bali certainly stand out from other cluster of brands in the Marriott chain. Well done..!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AdySingapore
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Firstly, I did have very high expectations of this hotel due to the reviews, but I can definitely say I was NOT disappointed! This is by far the best property I have stayed at in Bali, and at the moment on the top for the best I've ever stayed at anywhere!

The rooms are immaculate, very modern with great amenities, we stayed in a deluxe pool view room with the bathtub on the balcony and it was a great bonus. The rooms are cleaned every day without needing to be asked, the room service is fantastic with a great twist that has the meals delivered in packaging so you can take your food down to the pool/beach.

The reception staff are incredibly friendly, with a nice welcome and there is also very tight security which makes you feel super safe.

The pool is the most amazing pool I have seen yet!! It is huge, with day beds and cabanas to relax on all day long. There is heaps of room so it's great if you want a bit of privacy.

The buffet breakfast is hands down the most interesting and delicious I've seen at any hotel. You have the diversity of heaps of different cuisines, even ice cream for brekky?! You can also indulge in a cappuccino, iced coffee or mango smoothie free of charge at the brekky bar. I think this is a winner when most hotels only offer terrible instant coffee.

The location is the one little thing I would change, its about a 20 minute walk from the heart of town, but a good walk after all the food you will eat at brekky. Plus it's directly across from the beach!

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this property, as a travel agent we do have high expectations of hotels and the service they provide, but I without a doubt will forward my clients onto The Stones, so they can experience what I have!! I can't wait to go back :)

10/10!

Room Tip: Stayed in the deluxe pool view with a private balcony with bath tub and day bed. Definitely go for t...
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here at short notice and it was the best decision we could make.

From the moment we arrived the friendly staff made us feel welcome and at home. The security on arrival ensures your safety whilst staying here is guaranteed.

Checkin was swift and the ice block and refresher towel had a very nice touch.

We decided on a premium pool view room and the plunge pool was fantastic especially after a day out on the streets.

The gym is well equipped and is open 24 hours. The pool side swim up bar is excellent with happy hour nightly from 5pm - 7pm. Recommended are the mango daiquiris!

The restaurant is fantastic and the staff again make it extra special. We had Indonesian on our first night and it was superb.

In our room we enjoyed all the extra special touches such as the Bose iPhone sound system and the illy espresso coffee machine.

The bath robes and slippers were nice. Bathroom had a rain shower with marble floors and walls whilst the main room had a non slip floor. Curtains ensure you can have privacy whilst enjoying the plunge pool.

The nightly entertainment is great. The sax player, the Balinese dancers. The flame performance and the DJ were just some of the highlights.

Overall the stay was great and we would have no hesitation in staying here again and again. Worth every dollar and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013