“Perfect experience at a perfect hotel!!!!”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect experience at a perfect hotel!!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My fiancee(now wife..) and I organised for most of our guests to stay at The Magani. The whole process was an absolute godsend. Dwi was amazing to deal with from start to finish and should be highly commended. She even organised a welcome banner for us and our guests for the week we stayed. Whilst Tash and I were in bed nice and early most nights, a number of our guests utilised the pool and pool bar until the closing hours. EVERY single staff we encountered had a smile and a warm greeting for us. We dined at Mozarella 5-6 times and every meal was amazing!!! I used the gym nearly every morning and plugged my own music in which was a bonus. The breakfast is some of the best I've had in my years of travelling the globe and the coffee is world class!!! We were booked into a suite which had its own modem/router. Our wifi was terrific throughout our stay. My ONLY qualm is that you have to enter the wifi password EVERY single time you want to use the internet....all the pool staff, cannot thank you enough! Our destination wedding was made all that much more special thanks largely in part to the fantastic service and accommodation at The Magani Hotel. :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jace_disgrace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I'd be here all day as I cannot say enough good things about this hotel but a few highlights are:
- Comfortable rooms that are always cool and nice to come back to after being in the heat of bali.
- delicious breakfast Buffet every morning (try the banana pancakes).
- Friendly warm and welcoming staff who even let us use the spa to have a shower before our flight home!!
- the pool bar was brilliant and the staff serving by the pool were great!
We were part of a wedding party and they made us all feel so welcome. We will not stay anywhere else when we visit bali!
Thanks Magani Hotel and Spa and your lovely staff!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank laurenmaeh87
sydney
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was surprised to read one of the rececent reviews complaining of the noise. We stayed 4 night from the 1st of May & I expected it to be much busier than it was. We virtually had the pool to ourselves most times we used it. The hotel was perfect for our stay. The standard room was great the bed very comfortable, air-con strong, shower really good. Location wise it is situated on a very busy street however once inside hotel it is peaceful & serene. The breakfast buffet was fantastic with the best juices & decent coffee. We had dinner at restaurant on first night & it is well positioned for you to overlook busy street outside & food good. We also tried some cafes very close to Magani & they were fantastic. Lemongrass Thai restaurant just up the road is worth a visit. Beach a 5 minute stroll, markets outside hotel, massage places everywhere. Hotel massage is worth the little bit extra, very professional & relaxing environment. Wifi good in hotel we used whats app rather than sim card as its free & they give you password when you arrive.

All up hotel is in a great position only 10 minutes in cab to Seminyak eats street & same to Kuta, although not much longer to walk into Kuta along beach walk. Garlic Lane across road has some nightlife we saw great Balinese band one night in Billys Bar.

Great holiday can't wait to return miss the food, massages, weather etc.etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank balitribe
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a pleasant weekend over there. In Kuta area (Legian is a subdivision/part of Kuta) Magani offers nice midrange lodging at reasonable price. Magani offers you value for money. Keep in mind Bali in general and Kuta area in particular is full of non-serious nasty characters out to rip you off.

Complementary wifi. Comfortable and spacious rooms with balcony. Friendly and courteous staff. Breakfast buffet better than average.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank EuropeanTourist201
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a wedding party, upon arrival I was greeted by absolutely everyone with a huge smile from the security guard to the concierge to the reception staff, I was then helped with my bags to my room, the room was the perfect temperature which was a godsend to escape the balinese humidity.

We spent most of our free days relaxing by the pool enjoying the delicious pool drinks menu and having food brought to our day beds, we played with the pool toys (yes I am 30, I still play in the pool) and hit the volleyball around with my mates, we even had the staff join in and hit the ball back to us when we lost it.

The other guests seemed to be a fair bit older and much more quiet then us, I feel bad for some of them as we were a bit rowdy but with the hotels proximity to the heart of the nightlife action I guess that's to be expected.

The rooms are also fitted with DVD players so if you want a quiet night in you can just pop across the road and spend $1AUD on a 'legitimate' dvd from one of the many shops on the strip.

I really can't speak highly enough of this place, strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 different rooms and both were good, if you are older and don't like noise of young...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our second stay in this fantastic hotel. Spacious rooms, spotlessly clean, friendly obliging staff, breakfast is awesome. The upgrade to the room with the jacuzzi was amazing. A great experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor as you will find that these rooms are the quietest. Room service is...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darwincouple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Rooms have a good size. Well located in Legian.
Remote control for TV with expired batteries.
Horrible smell coming from the shower.
Breakfast is ok. Staff is friendly and welcoming.
Restaurant is awful... Don't bother going there as the food is not good at all.

Stayed May 2014