“Escape the hussle and Bustle”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was horrified at how much i didn't like Legian when we arrived. Lucky for me we had decided to stay at the Magani and didnt have to leave the hotel if i didnt want to. We booked the Magani as it was ranked no. 1 on trip advisor but i was apprehensive however we weren't disappointed. The staff are super attentive and our room was well equipped with a fresh fruit platter, nice and clean and overlooked the amazing pool area. The Breakfast is also really great with plenty to choose from and amazing grainy bread like they have in Aus :) I honestly cant say a bad thing about the Magani we organized a driver to the airport through the hotel and he was also lovely and helpful. Everything you want! Amazing pool, gym, spa, bar and restaurant and of coarse a nice comfy bed!

Room Tip: Opt for Pool view. 2nd floor and above.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucy J

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I have very little to say about the hotel that is negative. It is surrounded by shops, bars and other hotels. It's a 2-3 minute walk to the beach so is super convenient. The rooms are large and well appointed and kept very clean.
The staff are very good and on arrival and departure, make a special drink. Both of which were delicious.

There were a couple of things that are very small that I would change about the hotel. I'm not sure why big hotels insist on putting water softener in the water. Neither my boyfriend or I like it as it feels like you're bathing in unclean water. Also, the music at the pool is loud and very repetitive. We stayed at the pool for a few hours one day and heard a Jack Johnson album at least 3 times!

Overall, if you want to stay in Legian, this hotel is very nice and is good value for money. My recommendation is that you avoid Legian altogether. It's cheap and trashy and full of bars with cabaret type singers 'entertaining' customers. I wish I had skipped it and gone straight to Seminyak where the bars and restaurants are more tasteful. You pay more for accommodation but its definitely worth it!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Twiggy84
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've stayed here at the magani for four nights & it was great. Staff are friendly and always helpful. Room's nice and the pool is a good view. The place is airy & got a clean feel in it. Will use this hotel again if we come back here in bali.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at The Magani for the first three nights of my vacation in Bali. From the minute I walked into the hotel, I was so extremely happy I decided to treat myself and stay here. The Magani was a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Jakarta and the staff tended to my every question and need. I stayed in a deluxe room, which I found to be more than enough for just me--the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nicely styled. The breakfast provided many types of Indonesian and Western dishes and one had the option to sit on the balcony that overlooked the Legian area, it was very peaceful in the morning. The beach and many restaurants and shops are a short walk from the hotel as well.

I've already had several people ask for hotel reservations for their trips to Bali and I have been fervently telling them to stay at The Magani. I could not have asked for a better beginning to my trip!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have just spent 8 days at the Magani Hotel and were totally impressed. The staff are wonderful and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Hotel is located opposite markets and only 5 minute walk to beach. There are many restaurants and bars close by, but you must try Mozzarella restaurants in hotel. Food excellent and two for one cocktails! Deluxe family suite large and extremely comfortable. Recommend you try the Magani Spa. They offered full body massage for $10 which was well worth it and better than any beach massage. Would recommend hotel to family and friends and will return again on our next visit to Bali.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tonyandsue56
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading the excellent reviews we were excited to stay at this hotel. Well how disappointing. The rooms surround the swimming pool so being woken early in the morning with drunks swimming and drinking bintang at the swim up bar and kids jumping into the pool, there was no escape. There are people laying one metre from your front door. We did have a private plunge pool from our room, however this is not private as the balconies above overlook your "private pool" . If you keep the door open to this area others smoking above you filters into the room. The staff do there best to be friendly, but they are mostly inefficient, welcome to Bali.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lane way which runs along the side of the hotel, private plunge pools a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sophPerth
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have never seen such a warm service in any hotel.... the service is No.1... hospitality is No.1.. they make u feel like a king,,,Room was very spacious(like mini football ground)..Breakfast was too delicious.... Location is superb....overall 10/10...

Room Tip: choose a Suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family