“Amazing hotel - great location, food and service”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Magani in early July 2013. Every single staff member made us feel welcome and were eager to help anytime. The hotel thought of the "small things" like ensuring that a travel charger adapter was in our room and supplied bottled water each day.

We had a pool villa which was amazing. The only down point was we only had sun over our pool from 11am-12pm each day.

Both the food and cocktails were exceptionally tasty. The service at the day spa was also fantastic and reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay again.

4  Thank Mazzerat1

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had an excellent experience here with very helpful, prompt and effective service from the staff. The quality of the facilities is very good and it's a nice size hotel - with not too many rooms that you are just another paying guest. The staff went out of there way to make us feel at home. We also tried the spa which was very good and a great value. As for location, it's on the main corridor of Kuta roads but it is in a quiet spot - good combination. It's also a fairly close walk to the beach. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

A beautiful modern hotel with super attentive and friendly staff. We stayed in the standard room, but will definitely get a private pool villa next time, they looked great. The pool bar is excellent, cocktails are more expensive than other bars in Bali but this is to be expected and they are delicious. Central location is great and the markets across the road are a lot cheaper than a few streets over in Kuta.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Freya21
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from another wonderful week at the Magani and once again everything was perfect. We actually got the same room as last time, the deluxe suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking Melasti St. Love waking up in the morning and watching the morning activities on the street whilst having a cuppa.
The staff remembered us and always greet you with a smile and a bow, which is just lovely.
This time we visited the day spa and had the most relaxing balinese massage for not much more than you pay on the street and it was a much better experience.
Breakfast at Mozzarellas every morning is a treat, there is always plenty to choose from and the staff are very attentive.
Absolutely love the location, right in the heart of Legian and close to anything you might want or need.
The pool is always clean and sparkly and the cocktails are like everything else - just beautiful.
The recent addition of the blinds on the balcony is a great idea, it gave us complete privacy whilst in the spa and shielded you from any weather, sun, rain, wind etc if you needed it.
Looking forward to my next stay at the Magani, why would I go anywhere else!

Room Tip: I personally can't go past the deluxe suites on the 4th floor overlooking Melasti street as I lo...
2  Thank Astrogirl_63
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had to award this 4 stars because it is a new, very clean, hotel that would suit those who want to feel at home (read that as staying in a familiar and very predictable Western style accomodation). My husband remarked that when we were on the property, we could have been staying anywhere in the western world. The only thing that reminded you that you were in Bali were the staff and some of the menu items!

The staff are very helpful-Darma was a charm and should be promoted!

But saying that, I felt (as have others) that a lot of the friendliness was over the top and not particularly genuine. It's as if they have all attended a training day on remembering names and asking questions. And as the hotel was only 1/4 full, I wasn't suprised that the staff could be so attentive. But really, while I enjoy friendliness it's not mandatory-competence is though and the staff were competent.

The buffet breakfast was very nice with a variety of dishes that changed daily. The dining room was also a good place for reliable wi-fi. Unfortunately the evening meal was average at best. I had the ribs, which were okay, but not nearly as nice as other restaurants in Bali. The cocktails were, as remarked by others, incredibly weak. I sent a margarita back because it had no flavour at all-wet ice. The 2nd rendition was not much of an improvement. This is unfortunate because the majority of the other bars/restuarants have wonderful cocktails. Don't know if they are trying to save money, or just don't know how to mix a proper drink?

The pool area is lovely-don't know why there are so many criticisms. You can follow the sun (in my case avoid it) and the staff are there to get you a towel or a drink.

The rooms are very ordinary. We started out in a standard room and after much persistence moved to the Magani Suite. The Suite is lovely and spacious-well organised and comfortable. It is also expensive, so if you are staying in Legian you would be better off staying at a more upmarked hotel, or the owner's own Niksoma down on the beach. The standard rooms are very basic-and the bathroom area is a bit cramped. Also, don't know why there is artifical creamer-NO ONE USES IT ANYMORE!

Legian has changed considerably in the past decade. If you want to go to a crowded busy place with a lot of Australians who are there to have a cheap holiday at the expense of the Balinese environment-then go to Legian/Semiinyak.. If that is not your cup of tea-head elsewhere on Bali. And try to purchase and use beverages that come in glass.

Room Tip: Before you leave for Bali, make sure that your travel agent has booked the room you wanted, and make...
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As i far as I know, this hotel is fairly new in the area. However, I'm pretty sure if they keep on the good work they have now, they'll be the best.
It's around 20 mins from airport and 5 mins walk to the beach, perfect location although not right in front of the beach. I stayed there for 3 nights, and it was wonderful. Check in is very simple, just sit back, relax and take a sip of your welcome drink while they take care of everything. I found that the staff are warm and nice to everyone, including domestic tourist. Breakfast was OK. The room was clean, and spacious, efficient arrangement of stuffs, leaving a space for balcony to relax. When you go out in the evening for a walk or anything, don't be surprised to have your room re-tidied with blanket folded, and lights turned on. This personal touch along with their hospitality were their strong points. However, there's no fancy infinity pool if you're into things like that. But I don't mind it at all, I can still find it somewhere else to swim, and back to Magani for good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I never get on trip advisor and write reviews but I just had to with this place. My husband and I loved it here. It was our 6th time in Bali and we stay in different areas each time. The staff are so friendly. The hotel itself has been layed out thoughtfully. Great location too. The only thing was our shower would flood throughout the bathroom but really at the end of the day with housekeeping to clean it up it is really their problem not ours to worry about. Thanks for our stay! We will be back but no it isn't really for kids- more of a couples getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013