“Their hospitality is the best”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As i far as I know, this hotel is fairly new in the area. However, I'm pretty sure if they keep on the good work they have now, they'll be the best.
It's around 20 mins from airport and 5 mins walk to the beach, perfect location although not right in front of the beach. I stayed there for 3 nights, and it was wonderful. Check in is very simple, just sit back, relax and take a sip of your welcome drink while they take care of everything. I found that the staff are warm and nice to everyone, including domestic tourist. Breakfast was OK. The room was clean, and spacious, efficient arrangement of stuffs, leaving a space for balcony to relax. When you go out in the evening for a walk or anything, don't be surprised to have your room re-tidied with blanket folded, and lights turned on. This personal touch along with their hospitality were their strong points. However, there's no fancy infinity pool if you're into things like that. But I don't mind it at all, I can still find it somewhere else to swim, and back to Magani for good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Magani Hotel and Spa

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I never get on trip advisor and write reviews but I just had to with this place. My husband and I loved it here. It was our 6th time in Bali and we stay in different areas each time. The staff are so friendly. The hotel itself has been layed out thoughtfully. Great location too. The only thing was our shower would flood throughout the bathroom but really at the end of the day with housekeeping to clean it up it is really their problem not ours to worry about. Thanks for our stay! We will be back but no it isn't really for kids- more of a couples getaway!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Melissayling
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have just returned from the Magani and like all reviews it is impossible to fault. The only point I would like to make and this is not against the Magani as it is a hotel not a resort. I would not stay here if I had children and I do not think it is a place to bring children and I have 3 boys. The pool area is quite confined and the pool really isn't a place for children to play as it is only about 2 ft between the day beds and pool so if children are running around it can become dangerous and annoying to those who want to just relax. The pool boys do have toys for the kids but even a big splash in the pool can wet everyone else as it is quite narrow.
They do have 2 for 1 cocktails all day but they mix the alcohol then divide between two glasses, whilst nice were very yum but very weak in alcohol much better options on the outside.
We had some great treatments at their spa and I cannot understand why anybody would go outside to what appears to be backyarders and way below par with people out the front trying to get u in. They offer sub standard treatments in sub standard premises, but everyone to their own. I personally prefer to pay a few extra dollars and have a professional set us and service that The Magani offer.
Mozzarella restaurant had a fantastic breakfast buffet catering to both Australian and Indonesian and they made slight changes everyday.
We used to always stay at Legain Beach Hotel or The Padma but after comparing both with The Magani I would return to the Magani if they keep their prices as per when we booked and I were not bringing children with me.

4  Thank happytimesGoldCoast
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Magani for 5 nights but it was way to short. The staff at The Magani were wonderfully and could not help us enough, even to the security helping us across the busy road at the front of the resort many times a day.
Our room was beautiful with a private plunge pool with direct access to the bathroom, a very comfortable day bed and big towels.
The room was kept beautifully clean for our entire stay.
Breakfast was excellent with many different choices every day, freshly cooked eggs, beautiful juices and fresh fruit, also nothing was too much trouble for the breakfast staff.
The only very small negative was that it was a bit noisy in our room due to the main pool being right outside the front door and a busy lane way outside the back, but no complaint as on the whole it was excellent.
Had a great stay and would recommend The Magani to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the left hand side of the hotel, as the laneway down the right hand side is very bu...
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent nine nights in a deluxe pool room and we cannot speak highly enough of this hotel.

The room was spacious and clean and serviced TWICE daily. The gym was modern and well equipped and the restaurant spectacular (Regular two for one cocktails are awesome!) The shower is the best I have had in Bali, good pressure and choice of settings, rain, massage, or jet. The staff at this hotel are also above average always greeting you and stopping for a chat. The security guards out the front will get you a taxi or stop the traffic for you to cross the road.

This hotel is also really well located in easy walking distance to first class bars and restaurants and a $2 taxi ride to Kuta.

We will be definately be back

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days and truley wished it was longer. The hotel itself was AMAZZING. Everything was spotless,great location and the food was devine. But the true gems of the Magani are the staff. They were ALL so helpful and genuine. It is always nice to start your day with a smile and that is what we were greated with each and every day. Special thanks to "Sugi" who actually took the time to not only ask all of our names, but remember them and use them the next morning when he greeted us for breakfast. Even the security out the front of the hotel were urber nice and always helpful. Thankyou ALL for our wonderfull stay and we will definately be back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya V
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have just returned from our third stay at The Magani and it certainly will not be the last! We stayed in the Deluxe Suite Room. Beautiful large room overlooking the beautiful pool area. Bathroom huge and you must try the private spa on the balcony! Extremely clean. King size comfortable bed. From our arrival to our departure, the staff were absolutely wonderful. Make sure you have a massage in the Spa room at the hotel. Amazing! Breakfast was Exceptional. Dine in at the Mozzarella restaurant at the hotel. My favourite place to eat! The pool has a swim up bar and make sure you take the opportunity for 'Happy Day" 2 for 1 cocktails. Fantastic location. Hotel rooms are very quite but you are amongst markets,restaurants, and mini supermarkets and reputable money changes. A short 10 minute walk to the beach. A special Thank you to Mantra, the Duty Manager. You and your staff always make us feel very special and we cannot wait to come back and see your friendly smiling faces!

2  Thank Trude T