“Can't fault it.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“Can't fault it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Checked into Magani yesterday. Staff are professional and very warm and friendly. Hotel looks to be about 50% occupancy. The Magani has been open for 9 months and still looks brand new. This is one of the newer U shaped hotels with a pool in the centre. Half of the Deluxe rooms have balconies which face into the centre and over the pool. Not much privacy there. My5th floor room is beautiful, a good size and has a large west facing balcony with ocean glimpses in the distance. Last night I watched the sun set over the water. Things I like include, the bone china crockery and high thread count, soft sateen cotton sheets, really comfy king sized mattress, free Wifi, porcelain tiled floor, very modern and neutral décor. (Predominantly white, wood, stone) I am super happy with the room. The pool was busy with families last night until 6ish and then was deserted after that. They have a swim up pool bar. Usually I like a hotel with a reasonable amount of garden to laze in, some thatch, squirrels to watch, outdoor bathroom, balcony enclosed in greenery and more spread out. Depends what you like I guess, but I feel like I could be in Perth or any city business hotel. I’m not complaining, but it doesn’t feel like my usual Bali. If you don’t spend a lot of time around your hotel, this would be a sensational spot. If you like to laze around the pool for hours or read a book in peace under a frangipani tree, sipping cocktails – maybe not. I’m here for a couple of days after being in Ubud for a week so I’m OK. Again it’s a lovely new hotel and has quality appointments so enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank juliezzz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We only stayed at The Magani for a short time but in that time it was the best experience you could ask for! The place is beautiful! It's modern and clean and the staff are SO friendly! They're always happy to help you with a smile!

It's central to all the good places like Kuta, the Beach, markets, Seminyak street shopping, Waterbom park and the Discovery mall. The prices are great and my favourite part would have to be the buffet breakfasts which are included in your rate.....so much delicious food! Oh and on that note you MUST try their in-house restaurant (even if you don't stay there) it's called 'Mozarella' and it has the most amazing and flavoursome food.

I highly rate this hotel and the staff who service it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor towards the front and we couldnt hear much of the outside noise at all...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marney B
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Magani for 11 nights, OH picked the place based on tripadvisor reviews and must say that this place lives up to every single good review and more! First of all, the hotel is in a great location (on the edge of Legian near the beach and also near shopping). Great staff, particularly the pool boys Yoda, Heri, Oka and others. The spa is particularly good (try the coffee scrub), and we probably ate one meal a day through the hotel's resteraunt; Mozzarella. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite, and abosolutely loved it. If there was one small complaint it would be that there seemed to be not many power points in the room (we had to use our kettle/charge phones etc in the bathroom) but as I said; very minor. Overall, this is a place we would definitely return to!

Ps love the random yet tasty buffet breakfast

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sheriberry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just AWESOMENESS!!!! just left Magani late last night after been on a Princess cruise to Singapore for 12 nights...Magani was just Sensational!!! Great staff, great service beyond....no doubt we be back to stay at this place again and again to Magani for special occassions...A MUST!!!!
Loved their Coffee Srcub in their Day Spa its bloody Wicked!! Awesome!!!
Premium Suite was a Blast!!!!

Room Tip: Premium Suites are gorgeous....huge and spacious...own balcony overlooking the huge pool...his and h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank bugaalucks
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights in a pool suite room :) Awesome room :) Cannot fault this hotel at all. The pool staff made our stay absolutely amazing, yoga, herra and the rest of the restaraunt staff were exceptionally welcoming. It was my birthday during our stay and not only did the pool bar boys suprise me with a birthday cake and sing happy birthday my boyfriend and restaraunt manager organized a private dinner in our backyard area with candles lit up everywhere and a beautiful dressed table and our own private waiter serving us! AMAZING!!! You won't get service like this anywhere else, from
The pool staff to front office and housekeeping and security everyone made us feel welcomed at all times! We really enjoyed our stay here. We also stayed at the elephant safari lodge afterwards in ubud which is a 5 star elephant resort were huge celebrities have stayed and the service there dosnt even compare to the service we got at the magani. Would recommend this hotel to every genre, from families to couples it's for everyone. Absolutely loved it!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Maria P
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well, were to start maybe the german who wrote tacky Aussies, well speak for yourself. I have stayed in a lot of motels and I was quite happy with this motel.
I saw somebody complained about there poor english, hello they come from Indonesia, they speak Indonesion as there main language as english is ours. And I find it hard to understand other peoples english from other countries.
We stayed in the pool room which was quiet nice, the pool was clean and the room was cleaned everyday. When we wanted it done.
The staff were probabley the best staff I have dealt with in any motel in the world, Fiji included.
My 13 year old son was looked after like a king by the pool staff at the pool. He was even haveing Indonesion lessons when there were no other patrons at the pool.
The pool staff boys were exceptional, manners bringing drinks and saying hello all the time. I say hello to people all the time being Australian thats our nature, and thats there nature, if you dont like people being nice well go to Afganistan for a holliday.
This was a family friendly resort and we are going back at christmas, my son also wants to go back, as normally he would rather stay at home.
The restaurant staff were exceptional as well, I thought the staff made the place that it is.
So big thumbs up.

Room Tip: Markets across the road, dont really need to go anywhere else. We did the Buggy riding and canyon t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank acko65
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I can totally see why this place has beaten the Padma to number 1! Value for money is hands down the best I've ever had! Service is impeccable as are the rooms. Awesome pool with a swim up bar ;) fantastic location with shopping on your door step and the ocean a short walk away. Not to mention Mozzarella restaurant onsite with 5 star dining and amazing value for money!

• Stayed April 2013