“So relaxed and awesome value”

PIPS - Pampurring in Paradise
Ranked #7 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Legian
More attraction details
Owner description: PIPS is quality treatments in a very clean environment at realistic prices.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have just returned to my hotel after experiencing the most relaxing massage I have had in a long time. I had the PIP's special which goes for 1 hour. The masseuse had to rouse me on completion as I had become into a zen state of mind. I don't know of anywhere in my country where I could experience such a massage for less than $10. It was quite busy in there, yet the whole place still had a tranquil and calm feeling about it. I would thoroughly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have been to pips so many times I can't count in total. I have always found all staff to be friendly, polite and willing to do their best for you. Any treatment I have at pips I always walk out feeling wonderful. Keep up the good work

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I came here twice during my 5 day stay. Both times I had to wait a while and say something before someone noticed me. First time I had a foot massage with my lady yawning the whole time and acted very disinterested. Foot massage was 'ok' as she. Rubbed my legs more than my feet! Second time I had a very young girl for a back/shoulder/head massage. She was coughing and sniffing during most of the massage. Almost towards the end she left the room for a good 10mins to talk on the phone then returned with only a hot towel to get the oil off me. By the time I stepped out of the room and back to the front it had only been 50mins (not including the girl walking out the room for 10mins) not 1hour like the lady wrote on the piece of paper. So she wanted me to pay for 1hr when I only got 40mins! I ended up paying 75,000rup instead of 85,000rup. Not coming back here again!

2  Thank Amy T
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I like it becuase it's not only easy to get there but it is valuable. We had a foot, back and shoulder message with 45minutes and it costs only 65,000idr.
Actually they message me not bad, and it makes me enjoy it. I want to get easily relaxing and comfortable through message in here and finally I get it.
The staff is friendly and professional but only a little issue is that sometimes they are talking to each other.
That's a good place you deserve to come and try if you are a backpacker same with me.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We caught a taxi to PIPs today because of all the great reviews and it was a really awful experience that I don't want to repeat so thought that I would warn the others reading this. We had to wait over half an hour which was fine because I know it's a popular place. I had the package C which involved a full body massage, a body scrub and a pedicure for 200 000 rupiah. The reception staff were very uninterested and unhelpful which is extremely unusual for bali. The foot bath done at the beginning of the massage had me sitting there in noting but my underpants while she put my feet in very cold water, I had to grab a sheet to cover myself. As all the other full body massages in bali go for one hour I was expecting this to go for that long, with a half hour scrub and half hour pedicure. Instead the massage went for less than thirty minutes and felt very rushed and was not enjoyable. I asked the lady if I could just have a back massage and she said yes, but then still did an all body massage with five minutes max spent on my back. When massaging my back the lady was pressing so lightly that I could hardly feel it, so I asked for her to please press harder, she said yes but didn't change the pressure, so a minute later of no change I asked again and the she started pressing so hard that I felt like I was being beat up as she pressed so hard into my spine with her fists. Then, when she asked me to turnover she started massaging my belly and chest which has never happened in any of the other 15+ massages I've had in various places in bali. This made me extremely uncomfortable as I was not expecting it, there should have been an explanation at reception of what would happen. Then instead of leaving the sheet on the bottom or top half while the other section was done, the lady took the sheet away completely so I was laying there in only my underwear, when is said I was cold and wanted the sheet on she said no, that she would be quick. The lady's hands kept brushing up against my groin whenever she massaged/scrubbed my thighs which was also not appreciated, I kept flinching and pulling away but it happened over 20 times. At the end of the massage after she had wiped the scrub off my back (which she didn't even rub in properly, which took away the point of having a scrub) she asked me to stand up on a sheet, again in only my underwear with no sheet. I stood there for several minutes while she changed the sheets and folded towels which I thought was for me to lay back down on when she took off the front side of the scrub, but it turns out it was for the next customer, which I felt I shouldn't have to stand there nearly naked waiting for! When I went to reach for the sheet to cover myself she said no, and to leave it where it was. She asked if I was still cold and I said yes, very and she just said again that she would be quick. This overall as extremely uncomfortable and I felt very exposed throughout. I don't feel like the lady was professional at all like the other places I have been (even the much cheaper places). My friends also said they were uncomfortable throughout the massage, I feel that the lady's should give you a choice about having your breasts massaged. Also they asked if it was okay if one of my friends could have a male masseuse which she said no to, lucky she did otherwise it would of been even more awkward. The only thing that gave this place two out of five was that my pedicure was good. All up only went for an hour and a half, not the two hours promised. Couldn't see an Australian owner anywhere to talk to about the issues and did not want to speak to the rude reception again. This is just a warning so people know what to expect, and for the same price you can have an incredible experience at Cool Spa in seminyak.

1  Thank Emily W