“the spot legion”
Review of The Spot Legian

The Spot Legian
Ranked #73 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed February 23, 2014

very clean,quiet and nice place to stay.very friendly staffs indeed.and its really cheap for a room as nice as what they've got.if you're looking for a place closed to legian with a nice pool on the rooftop,this might be the best place you could go.\

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for reviewing us , we are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in Bali. I hope you will come back to Bali in a near future and we will be more than grateful to have you stay with us again. Please let us know, if you need any other room requests, so we can prepare for your stay before your arrival. Thank you very much once again.

From the Spot Legian Team

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The spot hotel was awesome! Its a really good deal for a budget travelers like me and my friends. Too bad the bar is seems like its always close. It would be nice if its open and we could ask for a drink in there. After all, we'll be back for our next trip^^.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mr/ Mrs,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our property. We are very proud to serve your stay. at the moment, the bar is only used for breakfast and light snacks. However, we are thinking of expanding the business for a small coffee shop.

Please let me know how we can prepare your trip the next time you are in Bali. We are more than happy to offer you a hand (or two).

Yours Sincerely,
From our The Spot team

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Spot is on the spot. Its an excellent little hotel tucked away in a lane of Kuta. Its easy to get there if you can name a few landmarks around it. Although the staff dont all understand english, with a little patience and gesturing, you can get by. The staff do their utmost to make you happy, Komang & Sri at the front desk impressed me the most.

Each room is decorated uniquely and its a welcome change from the standard rooms in most hotels. The WiFi strength depends on where your room is, I guess if they added a router on each floor or just changed the location of the router it would solve the problem. WiFI speed was good most of the times.

I was in the historian room and it had a nice view !!

A few cons:
If you are in a room facing the road, the music from the near by clubs can be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Its not unbearable but it can be heard.
The bathroom in one of the room smelled like sewage had accumulated for days, and not matter how much they tried, the stench would not go away. They even tried putting frangrance candles. It would be masked till the candle lasted and then would return again.

I had booked a package that included a dinner and massages and a few other things. I never got them, maybe because I forgot to ask them about it. But if I am booking a package, I would expect the hotel to arrange for these without me having to demand them. Everything else I got was only after I specifically mentioned that they were in my package.

Room Tip: pic the rooms away from the road and near the WiFi router
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Mr/Ms. SillyByte

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property and telling us and other travelers how much you enjoyed the Live Fresh, Live Colourful experience. Our Front Office Staff and the Head of Housekeeping speak fluent English, others speak Basic english if you try to speak slowly. We will attend to your concerns about the language limitation.

Bali sewage system wasn't build to keep up with the extreme rising of the tourists. In the future trip, if you come accross this problem, please feel free to switch rooms, we definitely will honour your request and understand your problem.

We are sorry that our staff did not inform you on the remaining items in your package. We have modified the way guests with booking package should be approached just in case they could not remember what is in the package. Thank you for raising this subject. I hope the remaining of the facilities and meals is up to your expectations.

I hope you will return to Bali and I hope you will stay with us in the future. We have 21 themed rooms that each tells a story about somebody, something, some places that were in the historical "spotlight" , and we are more than glad to reserve the room for you .

Thank you very much for your review, We hope to serve you better in the future.

The Spot Legian team

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in The Spot Legian for 2 nights with my friend and paid by a living social voucher.

Room:
I got the Queen room on 4th floor. The room has a balcony and I should say that the room was very clean and spacious. I was confused that why this kind of hotel only charged 350 IDR for a night

Service:
The service is quite good, the service staff is very polite, especially the girl who served us breakfast at 5th floor (she's beautiful too)

Breakfast:
I like the way The Spot served us breakfast. They just gave us the menu (not buffet) so we don't eat too much

Location:
It is located in a very centre of legian (unless we have take 2 minutes waling from ground zero). For you who really like clubbing, the spot is a very right choice, it is cheap, clean and very near with the clubbing area such as vi ai pi, sky garden, etc.
It could be noisy at night but it was still OK for me since the club have a very good mix of song (also i will be afraid if it was too silent)

For you who dont really like clubbing, it still good to stay in this hotel. I dont like clubbing but i spend my night watching people who just got out from the club. they act very entertaining :) like dancing while walking, talking to himself etc.

Well, I reccomend The Spot Legian as a very nice Hotel (it should be budget hotel but I got more than that)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Mr/ Mrs. Sydhira

Thank you very much for taking time to review our property. We are really glad to find that everything went well with your stay and you enjoyed the experience.

From time to time, we created a special "crazy" deal like the one you had at LivingSocial. It is unpredictable when it is going to come out again, the usual room rate is normally more than that.
Ayu, our breakfast waitress, loved having to serve you for breakfast, and we are glad to find that you were satisfied with the a-la-carte menu. If you need anything else, please ask us for more.

We are sorry if you experience trouble of sleeping, but seeing the Bali nightlife could be another experience. Thank you so much for your recommendation, I hope we have another chance to serve you better the next time you travel.

From all staff at The Spot Legian

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The spot has a good location It's near from kuta beach and night club district . But it's a little bit noisy at night because the music of the club . Cozy room and you have to add other kind of breakfast

• Stayed: December 2013
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear natania28

Thank you very much for your review , we really appreciate your time. We'd like to apologize for the noise you made, it could be a bit wholesome especially during the New Year period. Please let us know if you want a quieter room when making a future booking.

Our room is designed for comfort in staying or even having a rest. For breakfast, we are slowly upgrading our breakfast, however, please ask for more if you fancy a bigger portion and choose American Breakfast for more varieties. Thank you very much , i hope you will come back soon to Bali to explore Bali's beauty.

Regards from The Spot legian team

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Firstly, it is located right in the party zone of Legian street. Altho the location of The Spot is about 100 meters through the alley from Ground Zero, quietness doesn't seem to exist until around 5am (and it is on a Monday night). You can't escape the beating noise from the nearby clubs, however I didn't have a hard time sleeping, unless you are a light sleeper of course. It is quite a distance away from Kuta beach, about 20 mins walk at least. Alot of eateries around, massage houses and shopping opportunities. Staff were attentive and tried their best to give advises on tours and such. Rooms were nicely decorated with themes. A mini infinity pool at the top floor, and the staff didn't mind when me and friends switch on the lights and had a mini party of our own late after 12 by the pool. We cleaned after that of course. Breakfast was light, with set menus. Wifi signals are hard to come by. Overall, satisfying for the price paid. Well done The Spot!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Rastared

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at The Spot. We are very glad to find that you enjoyed your days staying with us.
Your feedback is well-received and it becomes our homework.
Sorry to hear that the wi-fi was weak, we will fix that , so it will not affect our future guests using wi-fi. I hope you will come back soon to Bali and stay with us again.

Best Regards,
from everybody at The Spot Legian.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

It is located near the Bali bomb blast of monument. yet the location is good for the night club lovers :), but sorry to say this hotel has no adequate facilities. Even for the swimming pool, could not be used to swim around the pool. I stayed there for 3D2N and the breakfast was good enough than having no breakfast at all. Usually hotel will serve the guests and invite the guest to the hotel's restaurant but this hotel had a service of delivering my food to room with the reason from the staff that the restaurant was under-construction -and which means they could possibly have no additional food for more if one portion was finished by the guest and the guest had no chance to add for more portion because its a not a banquet service.

The receptionist was friendly, very helpful. They have one free computer to be used plus it has an internet connection -its for free usage. I used the printer to get my flight ticket to be printed-out but unfortunately they were out of ink.

Last of all, I can say that this kind of hotel is suitable for the backpackers with the minimum budget by having no much expectation of the facilities.

Thanks to the friendly staffs of The Spot Legian Hotel Bali. I like the quickness of the service, especially for making-up room.. Keep the spirit up and be succesful!! :)

Cheers!
Hertati

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear 786Tatiana,

Thank you very much for taking time to review. The pool is not intended for a swim, it is a plunge pool, which usually people use to dip themselves after a hot day while enjoying the rooftop sunset or a drink. When the restaurant is having a minor maintenance, we do not want guests' comfort be disrupted with dusts and noise, hence we do in-room service. However, even on the rooftop restaurant, a-la-carte service is more commonly used. We are sorry that we should have informed you about the portion, of course, yes you can add more if you need more, there is a phone that will be more than happy to deliver your additional requests.

Thank you very much for your best wishes, we are hoping to see you soon.