“On the Spot”

Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Earth
“On the Spot”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Spot is on the spot. Its an excellent little hotel tucked away in a lane of Kuta. Its easy to get there if you can name a few landmarks around it. Although the staff dont all understand english, with a little patience and gesturing, you can get by. The staff do their utmost to make you happy, Komang & Sri at the front desk impressed me the most.

Each room is decorated uniquely and its a welcome change from the standard rooms in most hotels. The WiFi strength depends on where your room is, I guess if they added a router on each floor or just changed the location of the router it would solve the problem. WiFI speed was good most of the times.

I was in the historian room and it had a nice view !!

A few cons:
If you are in a room facing the road, the music from the near by clubs can be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Its not unbearable but it can be heard.
The bathroom in one of the room smelled like sewage had accumulated for days, and not matter how much they tried, the stench would not go away. They even tried putting frangrance candles. It would be masked till the candle lasted and then would return again.

I had booked a package that included a dinner and massages and a few other things. I never got them, maybe because I forgot to ask them about it. But if I am booking a package, I would expect the hotel to arrange for these without me having to demand them. Everything else I got was only after I specifically mentioned that they were in my package.

Room Tip: pic the rooms away from the road and near the WiFi router
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Mr/Ms. SillyByte

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property and telling us and other travelers how much you enjoyed the Live Fresh, Live Colourful experience. Our Front Office Staff and the Head of Housekeeping speak fluent English, others speak Basic english if you try to speak slowly. We will attend to your concerns about the language limitation.

Bali sewage system wasn't build to keep up with the extreme rising of the tourists. In the future trip, if you come accross this problem, please feel free to switch rooms, we definitely will honour your request and understand your problem.

We are sorry that our staff did not inform you on the remaining items in your package. We have modified the way guests with booking package should be approached just in case they could not remember what is in the package. Thank you for raising this subject. I hope the remaining of the facilities and meals is up to your expectations.

I hope you will return to Bali and I hope you will stay with us in the future. We have 21 themed rooms that each tells a story about somebody, something, some places that were in the historical "spotlight" , and we are more than glad to reserve the room for you .

Thank you very much for your review, We hope to serve you better in the future.

The Spot Legian team

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in The Spot Legian for 2 nights with my friend and paid by a living social voucher.

Room:
I got the Queen room on 4th floor. The room has a balcony and I should say that the room was very clean and spacious. I was confused that why this kind of hotel only charged 350 IDR for a night

Service:
The service is quite good, the service staff is very polite, especially the girl who served us breakfast at 5th floor (she's beautiful too)

Breakfast:
I like the way The Spot served us breakfast. They just gave us the menu (not buffet) so we don't eat too much

Location:
It is located in a very centre of legian (unless we have take 2 minutes waling from ground zero). For you who really like clubbing, the spot is a very right choice, it is cheap, clean and very near with the clubbing area such as vi ai pi, sky garden, etc.
It could be noisy at night but it was still OK for me since the club have a very good mix of song (also i will be afraid if it was too silent)

For you who dont really like clubbing, it still good to stay in this hotel. I dont like clubbing but i spend my night watching people who just got out from the club. they act very entertaining :) like dancing while walking, talking to himself etc.

Well, I reccomend The Spot Legian as a very nice Hotel (it should be budget hotel but I got more than that)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Mr/ Mrs. Sydhira

Thank you very much for taking time to review our property. We are really glad to find that everything went well with your stay and you enjoyed the experience.

From time to time, we created a special "crazy" deal like the one you had at LivingSocial. It is unpredictable when it is going to come out again, the usual room rate is normally more than that.
Ayu, our breakfast waitress, loved having to serve you for breakfast, and we are glad to find that you were satisfied with the a-la-carte menu. If you need anything else, please ask us for more.

We are sorry if you experience trouble of sleeping, but seeing the Bali nightlife could be another experience. Thank you so much for your recommendation, I hope we have another chance to serve you better the next time you travel.

From all staff at The Spot Legian
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The spot has a good location It's near from kuta beach and night club district . But it's a little bit noisy at night because the music of the club . Cozy room and you have to add other kind of breakfast

• Stayed December 2013
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear natania28

Thank you very much for your review , we really appreciate your time. We'd like to apologize for the noise you made, it could be a bit wholesome especially during the New Year period. Please let us know if you want a quieter room when making a future booking.

Our room is designed for comfort in staying or even having a rest. For breakfast, we are slowly upgrading our breakfast, however, please ask for more if you fancy a bigger portion and choose American Breakfast for more varieties. Thank you very much , i hope you will come back soon to Bali to explore Bali's beauty.

Regards from The Spot legian team
Singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Firstly, it is located right in the party zone of Legian street. Altho the location of The Spot is about 100 meters through the alley from Ground Zero, quietness doesn't seem to exist until around 5am (and it is on a Monday night). You can't escape the beating noise from the nearby clubs, however I didn't have a hard time sleeping, unless you are a light sleeper of course. It is quite a distance away from Kuta beach, about 20 mins walk at least. Alot of eateries around, massage houses and shopping opportunities. Staff were attentive and tried their best to give advises on tours and such. Rooms were nicely decorated with themes. A mini infinity pool at the top floor, and the staff didn't mind when me and friends switch on the lights and had a mini party of our own late after 12 by the pool. We cleaned after that of course. Breakfast was light, with set menus. Wifi signals are hard to come by. Overall, satisfying for the price paid. Well done The Spot!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Rastared

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at The Spot. We are very glad to find that you enjoyed your days staying with us.
Your feedback is well-received and it becomes our homework.
Sorry to hear that the wi-fi was weak, we will fix that , so it will not affect our future guests using wi-fi. I hope you will come back soon to Bali and stay with us again.

Best Regards,
from everybody at The Spot Legian.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It is located near the Bali bomb blast of monument. yet the location is good for the night club lovers :), but sorry to say this hotel has no adequate facilities. Even for the swimming pool, could not be used to swim around the pool. I stayed there for 3D2N and the breakfast was good enough than having no breakfast at all. Usually hotel will serve the guests and invite the guest to the hotel's restaurant but this hotel had a service of delivering my food to room with the reason from the staff that the restaurant was under-construction -and which means they could possibly have no additional food for more if one portion was finished by the guest and the guest had no chance to add for more portion because its a not a banquet service.

The receptionist was friendly, very helpful. They have one free computer to be used plus it has an internet connection -its for free usage. I used the printer to get my flight ticket to be printed-out but unfortunately they were out of ink.

Last of all, I can say that this kind of hotel is suitable for the backpackers with the minimum budget by having no much expectation of the facilities.

Thanks to the friendly staffs of The Spot Legian Hotel Bali. I like the quickness of the service, especially for making-up room.. Keep the spirit up and be succesful!! :)

Cheers!
Hertati

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear 786Tatiana,

Thank you very much for taking time to review. The pool is not intended for a swim, it is a plunge pool, which usually people use to dip themselves after a hot day while enjoying the rooftop sunset or a drink. When the restaurant is having a minor maintenance, we do not want guests' comfort be disrupted with dusts and noise, hence we do in-room service. However, even on the rooftop restaurant, a-la-carte service is more commonly used. We are sorry that we should have informed you about the portion, of course, yes you can add more if you need more, there is a phone that will be more than happy to deliver your additional requests.

Thank you very much for your best wishes, we are hoping to see you soon.
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I love the room. It was very clean,simple and tidy.
Interior was also good.
Near everywhere,1 minute walking to ground zero monument,and 7-10 minutes to beach walk through poppies lane 2.
Food also taste good,i love fried rice and noodle.
Service and satisfaction are really good.
Price is very cheap.

Room Tip: Try to find a room upper 3rd floor,less noisy and very quite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking time and reviewing our property. I hope you had a good time staying with us, as much as we loved having you. We hope that you will be back again soon and will not hesitate to choose us.

The Spot Legian team
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Location:
The location of the hotel is very strategic. 3 minutes walk from the Ground zero monument.
I have no problems navigating the hotel and because of its great location , food ,entertainment and shopping was never a problem ! :) Even at 2-3 am in the morning , walking down and getting food was easy and safe.

Facilities:
Roof Top Pool - Very relaxing and you can dip yourself at anytime of the day/night. Its open 24 hours.

Restaurant/Cafe - Located at the rooftop next to the pool. We usually have our breakfast there.
Nice breakfast.

The Dark Room - Equipped with a projector and 5 comfortable individual sofa type bed to enjoy your movie. You are allowed to bring your own set of DVDs. Rupiah 50 000 per screening.

Rooms - Different type of themes. I stayed in New York - James bond - Simpson Room , its simplicity with take you by surprise. Nice combo ! Very comfortable bedding and pillows. The rooms also have a balcony for smokers or to dry your bikinis , clothes. Toilet is very clean.
You have to request for a refrigerator tho , if you need one. :)

All in all i enjoyed my stay in the hotel for 4 days 3 nights and i will definitely come back for more ! Worth the money spent. There is a new massage room in the lobby - not open yet but will be operating soon ! Cheap prices tho !

Room Tip: Room on the left side is quieter... away from the noise of the loud clubs ....
1 Thank Fasilla H
Dear Ms. Fasilia

Thank you very much for taking your time to review about our property. We are pleased to find that you had a good stay with us. Our prime location means there are plenty of people on the street. And as you know, Legian can be quite crowded, hence 2-3 am in the morning can sometimes feel very safe.

Our prices are reasonably low, so you will have plenty of cash to shop around and enjoy your trip in Bali. With a lot of places an island can offer, I hope you will be back in the future.

The Spot Legian Team