“Unique and Easy”

Ranked #63 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Unique and Easy”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was stayed at friends and mickey room.. it's very unique design I've ever seen. Even I got a little stain on the bed linen and little noisy from the night club but it's okay. And I think it will very great if the breakfast menu set into buffet menu. So that will not make bored when you get breakfast day to day. The most important is for the location. It is very very very strategic.. it's near to Ground zero, and you can find many shop, restaurant, spa, bar and it's only 20 minutes walk to kuta beach. You will never get bored when you go out at night. And I would like to say many thanks to the friendly staff there.. This hotel is very suitable for you who like nightlife and to have a good experience stay in Bali.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Madam

Thank you for staying at The Spot legian, but most importantly thank you very much for taking time to review our property.

We are sorry about the stain on the bed linen, but we will take note on that so future guests will not experience the same problem. Our breakfast will come in buffet when we have a certain occupancy level in the hotel, and below that, it is a-la-carte. However, if you feel that our portion was too little, you could request for more and we are more happy to do that.

I hope you will come back to Bali again and will not hesitate to choose us in the future.

Best Regards
on behalf of The Spot legian team

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Considering it is our first trip ever to Bali and our very first at your hotel,I have nothing but high praise for your hotel.Your front desk is top notch.Give our thanks to your staff Sri,Ayu,Dewa and Oka during our 5 days and 4 nights stay there.Also give our thanks to your housekeeper Pak Gede Suasta(Pak Gede HK) for fixing the room door at Opera very promptly.I really like to commend your staff for letting us switch rooms temporarily to the Garfield room and back to the Opera room without any complains.Thank you very much.The only minor thing is to maintain the room amneties like the door knob and toilet seat cover which happen to come out loose in our room which I highlighted to your staff at the front desk which they want to fix immediately,but I refused because to me it is a minor issue.What I really like is the room decor of both The Opera and the Garfield rooms.Aircon working fine.Rooms are well maintained.I like the showers and the taps and the toilet are in good working condition(could use an air freshner).Like the free hot and cold water dispenser with snacks outside.A very nice touch!Breakfast menu is great though I wish you could expand the menu to include lunch orders.Something that I find unusual is the swimming pool at the roof it is very unique to me.Location wise I find it very convenient to travel to Kuta beach from here and I like the quiet spot.Very accesible to the shopping and Ground Zero memorial.Thanks for the memories!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear newshahrim

I am very honoured to host your memorable first stay in Bali. Thank you for choosing us, but most importantly thank you for writing us on Tripadvisor. I hope you had a good time traveling around Bali and our staff has given you enough guidance on activities around the hotel or in the island.

We will be expanding our lunch menu soon, so I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future should you visit Bali. Of course, the best recommendation is to let your friends and family know about your The Spot Legian experience

Warmest regards,
The Spot Legian Team
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The room is clean and look really new, location wise ...not that bad either, walking distance to legian area, ideas for travelers who looking forward to night life. Each of their room were decorate with different themes, mines was the queen room and the decorate it with different queens picture on the wall. They even have a nice small pool on their rooftop. Thumbs up for that.

However, it can get really noisy at night, i find it hard to sleep at night due to loud banging sound form the night club.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs. Samliew,

Thank you very much for staying with us , but most importantly thank you for taking time and reviewing our property. We are very hapy that you enjoy your stay and had the chance to enjoy relaxing in the swimming pool.

We take your concerns regarding the noise from the surrounding area. At this moment, we are slowly repairing the door, so as to provide a better sound quality for future guests' stay.

I hope you will visit Bali again in the near future and we hope to see you again.
It was a pleasure having you.

Regards,
From The Spot Legian team
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at the Opera room @ Spot Legian during my visit to Bali last weekend. Overall, the experience was good. Room was clean. Staffs were friendly and polite. I've seen some comments on staffs not able to speak English but that didn't happen to me. The staffs were well versed and most importantly, polite and helpful. Location is great. Near night market. If you have no where else to go in the night, you can easily pop by any of the live band pub and have a drink. I gave a 3 out of 5 ratings as there are still some flaws in the hotel. For instance, our door lock is spoilt, no fridge is provided, and lack of TV programme variety (Mostly were in indo, which doesn't appeal to overseas visitors.) Breakfast need to be improved as well. Though they are 4 selection to chose from, the quantity given was only a small portion. Nevertheless, given the price rate, helpfulness of the staffs and cleanliness of the room, it was still a pleasant stay @ Spot Legian.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. TPJeffrey

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Bali, but thank you so much for taking time reviewing our hotel. During these past few weeks , we have trained our staff for communicating more with guests in English, and we are glad that their performance does not disappoint you. We want our guests' needs to be addressed and the only people that can deliver your needs are our staff.

If you spot that the door lock is spoilt, please contact our Reception and they will be there to reassign you to another room or fix the lock. Fridge are available upon requests. We are sorry for the lack of TV Channel you mentioned, we will put that in our additional items to be added. We are also taking note on the breakfast portioning.

I hope you had a great day in Bali and we hope you would come back for your future vacation and choose to stay with us again.

The Spot Legian team
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Apart from the location this hotel is pretty bad. Was checked into a room which was still dirty from the last guest. Staff don't speak English and there is absolutely no atmosphere compared to other Bali hotels I have stayed at. For breakfast you have the choice of four options, all lack variety and are small portioned. Lastly, don't expect to lay by the pool all day as the 'pool' is just a small dipping area with four sunbeds in total.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Livelife88
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time reviewing our property. We are sorry that our rooms were still dirty when you checked in. Upon reading our guest review, we have taken necessary measure so this will not happen again in the future.

We are sorry that we failed to deliver up to your expectations. However, I hope you will visit Bali again in the future and explore many places in the Island of Gods.

Regards
The Spot Legian team
Indonesia
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I thought it is on the legian street, but turned out that you have to walk through the aisle called Troppozone. But it's not that far so it's okay.
The room is clean unfortunately they dont allowed 3 ppl in one room, like some other hotels do. Hence, we have to pay for extra bed. They have wifi routers in each floor that makes the connection very fast, thus, you'll have something to do before you go to sleep.

Breakfast is delicious but they serve it from 8 to 10 so if you have to catch early flight, say goodbye to your meals.
Bathroom door was unable to be closed until my friend made some repairment.
Overall, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Anita_Ave
Dear Anita_Ave

We are sorry that perhaps the address mislead you, but we do that to make transportation easy. We are located 150 metres from Legian Street in an alley called Troppozone. I hope it was not a bad walk.

Our room is quite small and we want our guests to have enough space and comfort.

Our breakfast starts late at 8 (other hotels' breakfast start at 7 but since Legian residents seem to be a little laidback after the mid night partying, people often come later than 8). However, if you have an early breakfast we do provide or pack your breakfast earlier. Please let us know in the future if you need your breakfast early for early morning check out.

Thank you for pointing out about the door. In the event of faulty items, please let the staff know so we can repair or change the room for you.

Thank you for staying with us , I hope you had a very good time in Bali.

on behalf of The Spot Legian team
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great value for money. Located 100 metres from the clubs and bars. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful roof top pool. Only thing missing is that the rooms do not have a fridge. I would definatley return to this hotel. However can get a little noisy at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ScubaT

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review. We are proud that we are a hotel that provide you a value of your time and money.

Regarding your comment on the fridge, we have limited fridge, please let us know if you need one so we can arrange one in your room. And also let us know that you prefer a quieter room, so we will prepare an ear plug and a room with the minimum noise as little as possible.

I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future. It was a pleasure having you.

from The Spot Legian team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
MaxOneHotels @ Legian
#107 of 251 in Kuta
Bali Chaya Hotel
Bali Chaya Hotel
#46 of 84 in Legian

Been to The Spot Legian? Share your experiences!