“Looking forward to another stay at Rama Gardens”

Rama Garden Hotel Bali
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Nambucca Heads, Australia
“Looking forward to another stay at Rama Gardens”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed at Rama Gardens early June 2011. The room was clean, comfy beds and nice pool. I ate at a few different restaurants but I enjoyed the motel restaurant the best. Great satays :) Very friendly staff.
Unfortunately, I broke my leg on the 5th day of my holiday and was in a lot of pain and unable to bear any weight on that leg which made it impossinle for me to go up and down stairs on my own. When I got back from the hospital the male staff helped carry me up and down the steps. I had to wait 2 days for my insurance to get me a business class seat back to Australia. The manageress was lvery kind and caring and arranged for staff to drive me to the airport in her car and pick up wheel chair for me as my travelling companions had made former arrangements and had moved to a different area the day before I left.
I will definitely stay at Rama Gardens again, Thankyou once again to the kind and dedicated staff :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Julienam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Indonesian first
australia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The restaurant in the front of the hotel is dominated by an enormous television screen that plays sport on loud the whole time. So loud we couldnt hear what staff were saying. The restaurant also has other TV screens so you dont have to talk to your table companions!
Luckily the hotel rooms are away from the restaurant and were not noisy although ours was small for 3 people, dark and musty smelling. Our room was clean though. There is a nice pool, and staff are helpful. Overall it was rather high density with little in the way of grounds, and a crowded feel. Its right in the middle of a busy part of Legian, and the hotel reflects that. They did allow us a late checkout at 6 pm but we were charged around $80 for the extra 6 hours.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Darwin
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Great shopping and restaurants. Walking distance to Kutu and not far from the beach for sunset drinks. Great for footy fans as sports bars are all around with a big Sports bar down a close side street. Cost of bintangs in the hotel was good compared to other hotels we have stayed at in Bali. Staff where friendly and helpful in giveing advise re money changers. Great shopping at good prices, but only went with carryon bags this time (husband happy) so could not buy a lot.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room beside the spa, was good for us but could get noise when others used it lat...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoochDarwin
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here with a friend of mine for 8 nights. It has a great location and is very central, close walk to the beach and great restaurants. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Don't think its worth the price, stayed at similarly great places for much cheaper when in Bali.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Western Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel is clean and in a good location. The pub is quite good, plays AFL games live, which attracts a crowd. The staff are pretty good here.
No pool bar though, the only let down.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I just spent 3 nights here with my teenager after a lot of research this is where I chose for the 2nd part of our stay in Bali. Check in went very well maybe 2mins tops with a welcome drink and cold towel. Shown to our room I decided on the Deluxe Suite $90 this was on the left side right at the back up a flight of stairs, this room is very clean and modern we were shown how everything works etc. There are only a few of these rooms. Ours backed on to the Hotel at the backs pool, so kids screaming etc very early in the morning, you get the picture. During the day this wouldn't bother me but it was early.
Air con was cold, fridge has a selection of drinks in it but the fridge really doesn't get that cold. This room has wooden bi-fold doors out on to the balcony with a comfy lounge on it.
The shower was interesting water goes everywhere, has one of those massive shower heads on it and as I wasn't supplied with a bath mat it was rather interesting also there is no water pressure. Taps I struggled with then soon realised they had them marked wrong!!!! Bed is so comfy, it is 2 king singles either together or separated by 2 big sausage looking cushions. TV 22" and a DVD Player. Has 1 fixed Aussie power point. The room is a little squishy but we had just come from White Rose where there was lots of space.
Breakfast was basic, but hey at home you would only have cereal and toast or eggs..so no biggie. They do have an egg station and a man cooks them to your liking and banana pancakes..yum.
Would I stay here again? Proberly not, I have stayed at Ramayana down at Kuta,another Hotel in their chain. I generally like to stay somewhere different every time.
Now the negative part...the air con dripped on the tiles making the trip to the bathroom slippery so we asked for a spare towel for the floor, the pool are is very slippery when wet my son slipped and fell, you have to ask for pool towels, the toilet glass door was jutting out so didn't close or banged, the hose beside the toilet had a tapping noise constantly so I turned the tap off to this..fixed that problem, constantly ran out of glasses and bowls at breakfast. So there you have it, but I am not the type to complain and really all these things weren't the end of the world..The main thing for me is clean and that it was.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank M4Mandy
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Arrived in Bali 18th March our 16 trip to Bali and about out 10th stay at Rama Garden.A very excited receptionist told us that we had been allocated a newly renovated deluxe suite at no extra cost "Special for you Mama laura and Papa Mike ." The room was really bright ,very tastefully decorated and comfortable. R.G also has satellite TV and live sports coverage which attracts many visitors to the restaurant.
There are no specifics about our stays in R.G we enjoy every aspect but it is the staff that truely make our stay special.From the gardeners right through to the management these people just cannot do enough for us . They are really friendly fun loving folk with excellent people skills.
We are already booked in to R.G for our next tip in September.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family