“Jayakarta Hotel”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Legian
“Jayakarta Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

Right on the beach, beautiful gardens, security, room service and a good rate - what more can you ask for

Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank FeliciaE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

all the good restaurants and shops were a hike away. The highlight was the sunset. The place is packed with aussies. I was in a one bed room apartment. It was nice size for one person. I was stuck on the first floor by the street. Not sure if it was luck of the draw or discrimination against the booking agency agoda. I enjoyed the breakfast with the omelet bar. Stick to the cold items by the a/c units. The other ones get overtaken by ants.
The help is very friendly - like all of Bali. They were clueless. Multiple answers questions were always answered with yes. This hotel is far north of the action. Since the beach is basically free to everyone, it takes away the advantage of being at a beach front hotel. Especially when your view is of the street. I wish I could recommend a good restaurant by the hotel. Secruity is tight like all the hotels. Odd to sell an apartment and then post signs not to bring food or drink into the hotel. I thought I got a good value for a $100 a night, but I now know I would have done better.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

Good for relaxing, with a good pool area and near both Seminyak and Kuta beach.

Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank jacobsterner
Perth.. W.A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

I stayed at the Jayakarta for 10 days with family and friends.. We had a great time.. A few hiccups with the rooms when we first arrived, we requested down stairs but were allocated upstairs but staff were very accomadating and friendly and gave us alternative rooms. The gardens were stunning and I thought the service was the best... If we had a problem we just picked up the phone and it was solved within minutes...
The breakfast was to die for.... Loved the fact that you could sit and watch the waves on the beach while eating... Never had a problem with seating, there were 2 restarunts to choose from...
TO ALL YOU WHINGERS.. You either love Bali or you hate it...
This is Bali not Australia.. The standard of living is not the same as here... Was not what I expected the first time I visited Bali.. But Hey... You get what you pay for.. 10 days for less that a $1000..
I agree that the rooms are a bit outdated. Could do with an upgrade but for the price what do you expect.... $50 ea a night including a buffet breakfast.. Cant get better than that...
If you had a problem you should have complained and it would have been fixed...
I say that... if you want what your used to then stay home OR go to the Gold Coast and pay $4000..

10 days of doing nothing and being waited on... Now thats what I call a holiday...

I would and have recommended the Jayakarta to my friends and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.... Already booked for 2010.... Great location.. Friendly staff

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank maxine1Perth_W_A
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

I have never felt compeled to to write a review on a hotel but after staying at the Jayakarta Legian I felt it necessary to warn furture travellers to Bali to steer clear of this dump.

Working for an airline I have stayed in many hotels and this has to be up there with one of the worst. Rooms were small, dirty and as many have also commented are in dire need of an update. Not satsfied with the standard rooms we had booked we asked to view the deluxe room and also a 1 bedroom apartment and neither were an improvement on the standard room we had originally booked.

We lasted one night (which for half of it we were kept awake with drunk bogans and noisy AC) and began our second morning in search of a new hotel. Two doors down we found the Ramada. It had been open for only a month and for US$10.00 a night more we had a brand new room 3 times the size and 1000% better.

Location can't even save this place and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank g_tsydney

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

We are a family of 4 and stayed in a private appartment at this hotel for our first 3 nights in Bali. I was very impressed with the manager of this appartment. We had a one bedroom appt and when we arrived there was no extra beds for the kids one phone call to the manger and it was done.

The appt was very clean and tidy serviced daily and I loved that we had filtered water in the room easy to fill up our bottles each day.

This hotel is very big and i found it pretty busy around the pool which was fine the kids found heaps of friends.

I loved this area great resturants very close and loved being so close to the beach.

I would stay at this hotel again in a private appt. And would recommend the taylors appartments very easy to deal with and no problems what so ever.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sunfl0wer8
NSW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

We had read all the reviews about how awful the rooms were and how the bathrooms were sub standard so we were not too surprised when we got there and found this to be true. We asked for a double room with a single bed for our son and were disappointed to find two single beds pushed together to form a double and no bed for our son. But the staff removed furniture from the room and put in a single bed which blocked the adjoining door to the next room where the rest of my family were staying. They had the same problem with their extra bed and so it was a case of moving beds every time we wanted to gain access to either room.

The bathrooms are in dire need of renovation and our room stunk of sewerage on a number of occassions making it most unpleasant. The bathrooms towels were grey and threadbare and again...unpleasant to use.

Now for the positives. The grounds are fabulous and very tropical, the staff are polite and very pleasant and the breakfasts were wonderful, although you must get there early. We were there by 7.30am most mornings and never had a problem with seating or queues. Our air conditioner was new and worked very well. Our beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean. The location of the resort is fantastic and right on the Legian restaurant strip. The Sunset Bar is a great place to finish the day and watch the sun go down. The three pools and one spa are well cared for although over chlorinated (which when you consider how many people swim in it is probably a good thing.) Take goggles for your kids. The kids playground was fabulous and there is a ping pong table and tennis court.

It's just a shame that the rooms let this resort down because it is a visually stunning place in a fabulous location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family