“Stay for the location, leave for the food, drink and service!”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at the Jayakarta twice now, the first with a group of friends so it makes it a lot easier when you have a lot of company to side track you and make you laugh about the imperfections of a hotel or resort.
So this year with my partner we decide to return to bali, Legian was only a pit stop to catch up with some local boys i have met over my years of returning to bali.
I was stunned at first by the price of the beers in the resort up nearly 50% from last year, at a cost of 58000 RP, thats nearly 3 times the price you pay from a beach bar, i nearly fell of my chair and a cocktail made with no name liquors costing 80 000, has had us leaving the resort anytime we wanted food or drink, the staff are nice here, and the grounds are well tended to, the pool is nice if you get down early enough to grab a chair, the trend of chair shotgun has become ridiculous over the last few years.
I enjoy the location of the Jayakarta as its central to seminyak and Legian, I don't bother with Kuta anymore, Personally can't stand it.
up keep on the rooms could do with some work but other than that we had a relaxing few days.
now off to Gili Trawangen and Lombok.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jarodvl

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a short stay here on our first time in Bali. Location for the beach was good(although not a swimming beach, surfers would like it), and grounds lovely. The pools were nice and breakfast had a wide variety. Problem was the room. We had a deluxe room with a balcony and garden view. I requested a quiet room so they put us at the end, but we could hear every sound from the room next door. Luckily people were quiet from about 10p.m. The room was dark and the bathroom/toilet looked dirty, with dirty looking towels. For the price I would expect a better room, they really need to reform the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is large and very old and tired. The rooms were reasonably clean but beds were poor. Air-conditioning and WiFi both temperamental. Tried to discuss this at reception but just gave up in the end. Breakfast was average, very busy, often difficult to get a table, only 1 person at the egg station so there was always a queue. Little communication on amenities & activities. Staff were mostly pleasant & friendly, especially housekeeping and garden staff. Very busy hotel with lots of children and families which made the pool areas noisy and busy. Lots of signs around telling you how much you had to pay for everything and stating you couldn’t bring in food/drink from outside. Charged for ice to the room. Asked at reception if they could call our driver to take us to the airport and were told we would have to pay for the phone call. We have been to Bali many times but this is the first time we have stayed in the Kuta/Legian area and we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We found that the whole hotel and main pool area needs upgrading.
It is very tired and in need of a full make over.
The room we stayed in needed a good clean the floor was grimy,
The bath was very discoloured and there was mould on the ceiling and shower curtain rail.
We dropped something and it rolled under the wardrobe so we pushed a walking stick under the wardrobe to retrieve what we had dropped and pulled out heaps of dirt and hair, obviously the wardrobe had never been moved.
Just the whole cleanliness needs upping.
The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was ok, just had to stand inline for any kind of eggs.

Room Tip: If I was to stay here again which I wont. I would try to get a suit. The pool area for the suites w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2014

WARNING: there is NO security on beach entrance for approx 1.5hrs early am
Thieves were able to get to the other end of this resort travel to the 4th floor, entered our room
& stole our phones then walked past front security guards without a glance
This is a well frequented resort by Aussies!
This woman would of looked very out of place
Considering it was 7.20 am with very little people around!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank 5fingerdiscount
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is by no means a luxury resort but the location is great and the gardens and layout excellent not to mention 3 pools. We booked 2 rooms and both were clean and beds comfortable. A non smoking policy in the rooms would be good as one room still had cigar odours after 11 nights! Staff were friendly and efficient and rooms were serviced daily. Breakfast had lots of choices, no one should go hungry but some dishes were cold. Restaurant meals were average but with so many choices at the doorstep of the resort it was not an issue. Alcohol prices were high. We travelled alot and efforts were taken at the resort to control mossies (daily fumigation)but please use your repellant in the middle of the day, 3 came home to dengue but this is a tip only, not a reflection of the resort.

Room Tip: We had rooms in the 240s. They were quiet and good aspect
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this property, the first was 5 years ago. Much was the same as my last stay. The location is fantastic, near tons of restaurants and bars and a short walk or cab ride to the other areas around Kuta and Seminyak. The beach and ocean are right outside the resort and the beach seemed much cleaner than my first time here.

The room itself is fine, it was clean and comfortable and basic.

The pool area is nice, but was infiltrated with families and therefore noisy with children. Our first night there also coincided with the start of the World Cup and so they had someone making the same announcement on a loudspeaker over and over that afternoon. It was far from relaxing.

The breakfast is good but I felt the quality was a bit substandard after my first visit. We ordered lunch at the pool one afternoon and that was plain awful. It is definitely worth going elsewhere for meals.

All in all I booked the room early and got a great price so the value was fantastic. If I had paid full price, I would have been disappointed. I would definitely recommend this resort to families though as it seems like a good budget place to stay with plenty of activities for children.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jooliecoolie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Hotel Kumala Pantai
#24 of 253 in Kuta
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!