The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
$119
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$103
$133
$204
$168
Agoda.com
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$76
$66
$272
$187
Hotels.com
$130
$116
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
1,631 results
All reviewsprivate apartmentbeach frontbit datedswim up barserviced dailypools are greatacross the roadbuffet breakfastgardens are beautifuldeluxe roomstennisaussiesmassageheaps
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday in April/May 2014. We chose this hotel due to its location and price. Upon arriving its clear that the price you pay is purely for the location (on the beach) and the pool area. The rooms are tiny and very old, as are the bathrooms. The pillows and sheets were clean but had stains from previous guests. Bath towels are not pure clean white like most hotels but clearly used numerous times. Massive gardens surrounding rooms so there are numerous bugs and Mosquitos in the room so make sure to bring some bug spray and some repellent. Drinks are ridiculously expensive! $6 AUD for a bintang!! Disgusting. 49,000 rupiah plus 21% tax = $6. Makes it impossible to hang by the pool and enjoy a few drinks as the hotel has a strict policy of not allowing items purchased outside of the hotel. The tv is a tiny old box. There is one movie channel (channel 8) constantly not working. Numerous calls to reception for them to fix it. Apparently the satellites not working yet all the other (boring sport and foreign news channels) are working fine! Last one is Internet connection. Constantly dropping out, do not rely on their wifi if you need to make phone calls or hold a conversation with someone because it's virtually impossible. Breakfast is pathetic. A line of 15 people waiting to get scrambled eggs or an omelette off the 1 chef they have working. They have pancakes, waddles, rice and noodles sitting in open dishes (flys everywhere) and some sausages and hash browns in another. Some fruit, plenty of breads and Danishes all sitting in open dishes with flys all over them. And cereal with warm milk. We ate out at Indonational which is close by and offers fantastic, cheap options for breakfast. Overall: great pool area especially for kids. Mainly a lot of families. Only good if your not fussed on rooms, food and drink prices and getting eaten alive

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ricki H
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is the best middle of the road hotel in Bali, it is a little tired and needs a room facelift, the staff are friendly the grounds are fantastic, close to beach great walks, food good. Close to Kuta and hotel shuttle bus every 2/3 hours. It is recommended to young family's.

Room Tip: Just ask and change if not to your liking, even pool rooms not loud.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank samuel W
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I"ve stayed here a few times, and whilst we stayed in the cottage which had a great view, sadly to say I will not be returning to this hotel. Unless there are changes.The plumbing wasn't warm enough to really clean yourself. While I don't mind cold water washing my hubby didn't like it. No washers were supplied or handtowels at the best of times.Toilets way too low,made for little tiny people,nearly broke my back getting up or down. The grounds are beautiful but the pools were something else.Apart from far too many chemicals, in particular, acid there was no shade or sails (I mean really, they're not that expensive, considering the money they charge to stay here)to protect from the sun. Umbrellas were few & far between.I'm an Aussie & I love my fellow country men but the people that were here this time I came were disgusting.Don't know nor do I care where they came from, they just gave a really bad impression and I was ashamed to be an Australian, they were that bad.Please don't plant that flag!!! Some were sitting all day at the swim up bar, sucking on beers,swearing while their little darling kids went feral and annoyed all the other guests. That did it for me.A few people did complain, however I doubt that anything was done about it. Not once did I see a parent chastise their child for jumping, bombing which was prohibited,in fact I saw parents join in & do the same thing & enticed their children to do more even though there were signs stating "No Jumping". Fun for them but not fun if your trying to swim or some elderly people enjoying the water without the drop bears! Nor did I see any of these beer suckers, go to the toilets. So you can now imagine why so much chemicals was used in the pools.There a four pools here 1 for adults and 3 for kids.Its a shame cause its one of the last Balinese looking hotels here but a bit tired now.Staff as always are helpful and pleasant.Way too expensive for a 3 star hotel its definitely not 4 anymore....needs to update to 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lee L
JayakartaBali, General Manager at The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Mrs Lee,
Warm greetings from us and the entire staffs of The Jayakarta Bali.
Thank you for forwarding us your comments which brought on morning brieifng this morning.
First of all I would like to express our sincere thanks for choosing us as your second home in Bali since many years ago.
I extremely regret to hear that your previously staying with us had not had a memorable one .
Having just learned with deep concern I am on behalf of The Jayakarta Bali would like to apologize for unsatisfied experiences . rest assure that I have immediately reviewed with all related department to no reoccurrence in the future.
Your comments is well taken and appriciated for our internal service improvement .
Once again thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you back to staywith us at The Jayakarta Bali.

Kind Regards

I.Ketut Budha

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The staff went out of their way to accomodate my husband's needs this trip. He had badly sprained his ankle the day before we were to arrive in Bali and therefore couldn't walk far. Front counter staff juggled room occupancy so we had a ground floor room close to pool and beach area.
Breakfast was more than adequate and the egg station was manned by extremely efficient chefs.
Cleaning staff were polite and efficient.
The rooms could do with an update but are more than servicable for a budget priced hotel.
This is our fourth stay at the Jayakarta and would recommend them as being in great location and well priced for couples and families.

Room Tip: Request rooms at the beach end closer to pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karin S
JayakartaBali, General Manager at The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Karin S,

Thank you for your valued comment and staying again at the Jayakarta Bali Beach Resorts and SPA. We do hope that your husband is being better this time and the day afterword.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and family at our Resorts in the near future.

Best Regards,

I Ketut Budha

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here for a week recently in a 1 bedroom apartment. Apartment was in need of updating but clean and spacious. A bit of a walk to the pools and breakfast area but great location as far as restaurants and beach at your back door. Drinks very over priced $6 for a beer every where else $2. Egg station great for breakfast. Overall reasonably good hotel and would recommend apartments for families.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon E
JayakartaBali, Front Office Manager at The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Mr/s Sharon,

Greeting from the Jayakarta Bali.

Thank you for your comment you have experienced during your lovely stay at the jayakarta Bali, Its would be our most concern, to review where was lack of our service to be improved.

with this opportunities, we do apologies for any inconvenience may caused, hope there will be other chance for us to be your service on your next holiday in Bali.

All of us, Management and staff are looking forward to welcoming you bank at the Jayakarta Bali.

With kind regards,