“perfect for our family holiday”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed March 12, 2014

we had a amazing holiday here great location older style resort great pools and food just a short walk to local shops and fantastic restaurants
We used the spa it was clean and good price.
Our room was large and spacious clean it is a 3 star resort so not super flash but good value for money .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank snappy1Adelaide
There are newer reviews for The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My 5th time staying at this hotel, first time with children. We had 2 interconnecting rooms due to an overbooking and reservations were accommodating to this. This worked well as we had 2 bathrooms which come in handy at bath time.
I felt the hotel is looking tired, and there is a lack of experienced staff. You can clearly tell the staff is dominated by trainees which may be good in wage costs ( if there is such a thing in Bali). Many staff could not understand basic English which has become standard for any big resort and refused to help.
The food and beverage was the biggest let down, over priced, no service and the food standard was well below par. Breakfast was high volume food, exceptable however when the standard length of stay is over a week the variety lacked. The poolside service was terrible. Early in my stay and after a disaster for dinner the night before, I spoke with the manager. She took the time to speak with me and my concerns, and was to get back to me- never did and then on check out tried to charge me for something which was in my package. The manager on check out was understanding however I do not feel they have any power to change things.
The housekeeping staff were always helpful and pleasant and efficient. Our housekeeper each day made our stay bearable.
So unfortunate as the location is perfect for all restaurants. 3 pools which we spent all our time at and location to beach perfect.
I would not return here, maybe try next door.......

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
JayakartaBali, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear KingsCliff,

Thanking you for taking your time to post a valued Review toward The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resorts and Spa.

I do apologies to hear that you have inconvenience matter during your stay at our Resort.
This is quite to be top priority improvement in our service to you and all of our client in the next visit.

In this good opportunity, I personally, all Management an staff invites you to stay again at The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resorts and SPA to experience our better service.

Best Regards,

I Wayan Waras
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Found Jayakarta fantastic with superb beach location close to kuta and seminyak. Excellent and friendly staff great food. Loved the pools and day spa for the messages. Lush tropical gardens are beautiful. the rooms are a little dated but lovely to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

so I will start with the lift... it was more times broken then working. The stairwells were filthy and had a horrible urine smell. Our room door was very thin and mot secure. Easily could open with a bobbypin!! The walls were grubby. The basin not clean and the glasses provided for brushing teeth still had toothpaste from previous people!! We were nkt provided with facewashers so used handtowels. Then they would not wash them once they saw some makeup on them. .. which would have easily washed out.. when asked they said they bleach all linen towels. So I could not understand why they were going to charge us! Staff at front desk very rude. And room service is absolutely disgusting. They messed up our bill and when explaining to staff the food was inedible. .. the reply was 'ok'. The next morning I woke up very sick. The bar staff would charge me different price for water everytime I asked. And the taxi service were too busy looking at my sister like a peice of meat every time we walked past and yelling out to her to help us. Other then a nice swimming pool and good location... I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank whattheactual
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Jayakarta Bali, 1 bedroom apartment with a 2 year old. The hotel is old and requires an upgrade but the rooms were still in clean, good condition. The pool area was fantastic for children. Very kiddy friendly. The hotel is situated in a great location surrounded but good restaurants for Australian safety.

Room Tip: If you have small children, the apartments offer a lot more room especially if you need a cot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank brewey
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I spent two weeks at the Jayakarta Bali and found it to be satisfactory (not excellent) in most areas. Our room was comfortable and the balcony (we were on the second floor) overlooked the gardens. The breakfast buffet was good but, by the time two weeks were up, we were hoping for some variation. The three pools were excellent and, since the Legian beach was not that attractive, we spent most of our days beside the pool when we weren't touring. There was a scramble every morning to get towels on the chairs under the five or six canopies available around the pools. A few more canopies would be a good idea. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. There are many good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel but the beach and district around the hotel were a disappointment.

Room Tip: We asked ahead of time for a queen bed and upper floor and got what we asked for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

On the beachfront. Great pool and gardens. That's why we booked.
Should have looked at rooms. Very dated and very dirty. Unsettling!

Will not stay here again. Unless they update it and work at cleanliness in rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Ossotel
Ossotel
#6 of 87 in Legian
Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!