“Cub bali suites”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice clean hotel in a great location and went in july the weather was perfect however don't let your children get Henna tattoos within or outside the hotel my 13 yr old son had a severe reaction twos weeks later and ended up in hospital for 3 days with cellulitis from the BLACK henna . My daughter also had a reaction but not as severe.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the part of resort where you can charge things back to your room rather than carry ca...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EWilko77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting, old, smelly, away from beach, pool and restaurant. Had to change to a normal double room which costs less than the 1 bed apartment..... no money refunded. Should have booked a normal room in the first place.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This grand old lady in it's day would have been the star place to stay and be seen in. Sadly she has not kept up with the rapid expansion of other hotels in the area. We left it late to book and this was the only hotel that had vacancies, so no other choice to book with a positive mind.
They were more interested in getting our money than anything else at check in and reminding us that we MUST check out on time.
Well that set the scene.
The room had mouldy overtones, smelly in fact and bathroom quite dirty. Not a pleasant room to stay in for a long time. Breakfasts were ordinary and monotonous with too few a tables to cater for all that required eating, especially when the rain came.
However the good thing about the hotel was it's location. Right in the middle of the restaurant strip, so off to a new place each night although we had our favourites. If there was nothing else available, we would reluctantly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to ocean are the deal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just back from week at Jayakarta, and am overall very happy with my stay. We booked a Deluxe room, with a pool view.

We were very satisfied with the room ... comfortable large bed, very clean, great bathroom, we hired a DVD player whilst we were there for those nights we just wanted to stay in. It's not 6 star quality, but then it's not a 6 star resort!

The room location near the pool was lovely when we wanted to sit outside and enjoy food / drinks on the balcony, but it was a touch noisy in the mornings as the kids played in the pool as soon as they could! But it was not so loud as to wake us or that we were inclined to complain about.

The gardens are gorgeous, three pools are awesome... and if the two main pools are crowded, it's easy to just go to the third pool which was always quiet.

The location of the hotel is great - with lots of spas and shopping from the front entrance, and the beach and loads of lovely restaurants from the beach-side entrance. Transport to and from the hotel was always easy.

I wasn't a big fan of the buffet breakfast... for me it was too crowded and I preferred to stroll out to one of the restaurants on the beach.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms can be a bit noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KrissiR
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed here many times and will return. We always request a pool view room. The breakfast has everything you could want and is replenished frequently. The pools are great, if the main pool was too busy we used the other pool and never had a problem getting a pool lounge. The wifi has improved but can still sometimes drop out, we usually had a good signal in our room. One of the best features of the hotel is its position, right across the closed road to the beach and great restaurants right on your door step. The shuttle into Kuta is also very handy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cheaki33
Reviewed August 13, 2013

went to this hotel in June 2010 with about twenty friends. Our rooms were nothing flash but they were clean. The pools were clean and well kept. Some of our friends had young children so the pool with shallow end was good for them with parental assistance. The breakfast was both plentiful and tasty. I had a delux room NOT an apartment. My nephew had a 2 bedroom apartment but disappointed with it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl C
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights end July 2013 in a one-bedroom apartment.
Reading other reviews, I wasn't sure about it so I only stayed a few nights.

The location is excellent: a busy part of Legian beach at the back, and loads of shops, restaurants, bars & spas at the front. Excellent pools and sunbeds facing the beach or pools.

As warned, my room was mouldy smelling, and a little dirty (the bath was much cleaner after housekeeping had been there on the 2nd day - thankfully). However, after 1.5 days, I got used to the smell of the mould.
I asked for a room with a garden view, and it was located in the Club Bali building. The 'garden' was a dirt patch with a few plants on the outside.

Reception was almost as far away as the pool, so I didn't bother going there.

Both TVs were old with really bad reception.
I saw another 2 rooms on my floor (Level 2) getting cleaned. They were the same size as mine but they were much fresher with much better TVs and reception - the cleaners told me that they belonged to Club Bali.

I couldn't get WiFi on any of their 11+ options at any time during my stay. I even tried using it at 6pm at the restaurant - there were only 2 other people around - and STILL couldn't get reception. And I was staying at the hotel during a very quiet period!

In the middle of my stay I noticed a very slow leak under the kitchen sink. Even though I reported it a couple of times, it wasn't fixed. Luckily I rarely used the kitchen sink!

There was a lot of choice for breakfast, which overlooked the pool.

I know some people who keep coming back to stay here because of the facilities and location whilst tolerating the rooms. If that's what you want, Jayakarta is the place for you!
Me? I was happy to check out after 3 nights : )

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ossotel
Ossotel
#7 of 87 in Legian

Been to The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!