After much research and discussions with a travel agent we booked the Alam KulKul (Oct 2013). I had read tripadvisor and it seemed to be positive. We had to book a family room for 2 adults and 3 children. It wasn't cheap but we wanted in Legain and on the beach.
When we arrived it was across from the beach (very busy road to cross with a terrible footpath). Being taken to our room all the villas looked lovely but when we got to the back of the resort and up the stairs it was dark and dingy & reminded me of my backpacking days 20 years ago when I had no money! The room was small, dirty and smelt. The bathroom was so dirty that I had to ring and ask for them to be cleaned. The amount of hair sitting on top of the drain in the floor was awful.
I can cope with the room being old but dirty was another thing.
We were with another family and they felt exactly the same way. After 2 nights our husbands complained and we were upgraded to a suite (additional cost of US$100 per family each per night extra $US700 total). We had 3 rooms that interconnected. The mosquitoes were horrendous in the room. We slept under mosquito nets which is not my ideal holiday situation.
On the 3rd day my son got something out of his suitcase and a rat jumped out and ran across the floor. We complained to reception immediately.
One positive is that the breakfast is good and the hotel is quiet around the pools. The restaurant at the front on the street is nice too.
It is basically the 1st hotel in Legian so if you want Legian/Seminyak stay more towards there.
We ended up spending a lot of money for a family of 5 and stayed at an awful and disappointing hotel. We could of stayed at a 4* - 5* hotel for the money we spent. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the road from Kuta beach and handy to some great shopping spots, AlamKulkul Boutique Resort Bali is a refreshing, unique and tropical getaway possessing the ambiance of a Balinese village. The boutique resort is newly refurbished and looking wonderful with a simple yet stylish entrance and lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Alam KulKul Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamkulkul Boutique Hotel Kuta
- Alamkulkul Boutique Kuta
- Alam KulKul Boutique Resort Bali/Legian