“Nice hotel in Kuta Beach”

Alam KulKul Boutique Resort
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice hotel in Kuta Beach, close to the commercial area including shops,bars an restaurants. Very close to the beach (just crossing the street).
The only thing we didnt like from the hotel was that the rooms were very dark and smelled a bit like being damp.
When we got there they gave us a room that was very very dark, we asked for a change and they gave it to us. They put us in a room infront of the swimming pool, which was much better than the other one but still pretty dark. Nevertheless, we had a nice stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank maria_mia_17
There are newer reviews for Alam KulKul Boutique Resort

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I just finished a 10 day stay at alam KulKul. It was one of the best hotels as far as service, attention to detail and friendly staff that i have ever experience in Bali in my 10 previous visits. i recommend this place

Room Tip: The alam Villas are quite roomy ,but if you are looking for something less expensive , the Lanai roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have just returned back to Perth, Western Australia after spending from 26/07/2012 to 30/07/2012 at Alam Kulkul. It was my first visit there and on this trip (I go to Bali at least 3 times per year) I went by myself. I was made to feel very welcomed and the check in procedure was very fast. One of the staff helped me to my room and explained where everything was. From there on it just got better. The staff are lovely and very polite. Whilst in Bali I had some medical procedures done and the staff were very concerned and each day enquired how I was feeling. One afternoon I was left some biscuits on my outside table by the staff. I upgraded to the private villa for the last 2 nights and was very impressed with it. I must admit the bathroom was my favourite room. The private pool is only a small plunge pool but I like the idea of having that area as mine with a wee bit more privacy. There was a switch that you turn on which lights up at the front gate that says "Do not disturb". I had room service delivered 3 times and I can only describe their food as WOW. I also ate at the restaurant at the front and was made to feel welcomed and the food was also yummie. I could not fault Alam Kulkul at all. The location was great. Opposite Legian Beach and only a few minutes walk past Legian Beach Hotel and about a 10 minute walk to the Padma Hotel and the Lokha Hotel (Just to give you an idea as to the location). The only thing that I could say to them is get WIFI to all rooms. I had to go to the lobby whenever I needed to check Facebook and such. If you pay an additional amount you can have it in your room. The security also do a wonderful job. I often observed them walking around and checking the property. The security guards at the front were always saying hello and smiling and making you feel a part of the family. If you are thinking about staying here I can certainly recommend it. The staff are wonderful and Alam Kulkul has already been recommended to many of my friends and family. Well done Alam Kulkul and a personal thank you from me for making my stay an experience that I will remember.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Diane G
Reviewed July 24, 2012

It was my first time, staying in a boutique hotel. Alamkulkul is very nice and really boutique hotel just a street away from kota beach which is very good place for surfing. Nice and polite staff are really helpful and welcoming. I think they need some refurbish but they doing that in some places like one of the swimming pool during that time. Very nice restaurant with live music and a little bit expensive food ;)
I booked the hotel via Agoda, after reading some review in Tripadvisor which was very helpful as always, but I think USD 130/Night is expensive and I'm sure you can find cheaper but for sure they charging you for their very nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank iBehzad
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Awesome! A real Bali style resort nestled between huge hotels. Don't let this worry you. The staff are at all times the best. Friendly, accommodating and forever helpful.
The room was cleaned dily, fresh linen if required and nothing to much hassle.
Breakfast was included and we strongly recommend booking this with your room. Buffet style, with freshly cooked eggs in the style you like by the Chef in front of you. One criticism, the heaters keeping the food hot were not that effective but this didn't spoil the food.
The resort itself, pools cleaned daily morning and evening. Tip top condition.
Eating, we used Papas at the front of the resort on numerous occasions. Absolutely brilliant staff and we made many lifelong friends. Combine with the resort and Papas and you won't go wrong. Entertainment nightly was very very good and one night it just rolled on and on as everyone was having a blast. Aussie Aussie Aussie.
Location- just right. Opposite Kuta beach so just right. Turn left or tight and within five minutes walk you are shopping.
Security at the gate- more than obliging in getting a driver, stopping the traffic etc. we had a ball.
We are booking Bali again and will be styling here again.

Room Tip: Any room at this resort is great. If you have trouble with stairs tell them at time of booking as th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KevinPerth
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is in a great spot but aside from that we were disappointed. We had a family room which was a good size, comfy beds and was lovely and clean. The gardens were nice and tropical but the pool areas were poor. Both look old and raggedy and do not have a nice feel about them. We swam only once when it was too hot not too. Our room was as far back in the hotel as you could go and we had to hold our breath to walk past some REALLY smelly staff toilets to get to our room.

To top it off the man who serviced our room each day left us a note on day 3 saying he hoped I was happy with his work & he has enjoyed cleaning our room. We still had a couple of days left so I thought this was odd and just popped it to the side. What he actually wanted was for me to leave him a tip the next day. I didnt do this as we were not leaving for 2 days. Then the next day( our second last day ) I was in bed with a sick stomach & he kept ringing because he wanted to "come see me before we left" I had not seen him the entire stay yet. I said we don't leave for another day and he said it is his day off then so he wants to see me today. I asked why and he said just to say good bye. He was fishing for a tip and didn't want me to leave it the day we left as he wouldn't be there and the other cleaner would get it. In the end I was feeling so sick and wanted to get rid of him so he came up & my son gave him his tip & he left. I found this incredibly rude & can't believe he did it.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelEatExplore64
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our first time in Bali and I stayed with my mom for 10 nights. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a Villa giving us club benefits. The service was excellent, although not all staff spoke English, they always found someone else to help. The pools were calm and the ambiance was incredible (although they could change their musical playlist). The food was delicious and each evening we enjoyed cocktails on the rooftop patio. I had a back and neck massage as they were running a special on spa services 50% off- totally worth it! EAch day in the outdoor lobby, they had a new flower art display, it was breathtaking. The hotel was very clean and friendly. The only bummer was their lack of fitness center however when I expressed an interest in finding yoga, they contacted another hotel and got me the schedule and pricing- completely above and beyond my expectations! Definitely an amazing place to relax, my next trip to Bali will definitely involve staying here again!

Room Tip: Definitely see if you can get a Villa. Not only does it include club benefits such as snacks, drinks...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family