Alam KulKul Boutique Resort
Hotels.com
Legian Beach Hotel(Legian)
$237
$130
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$103
$83
$205
$173
$306
$197
The ONE Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
$28
$24
$131
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$68
$49
Agoda.com
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$85
HotelsClick
1,019 results
All reviewsjava villaacross the roadjamu spalanai roomfamily roomalum kulkulquad roomgarden poolsunken bathkuta beachsmaller poolcooking classbalinese stylemelasti streetgarlic lanemain poolwatch the sunset
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is in a great spot but aside from that we were disappointed. We had a family room which was a good size, comfy beds and was lovely and clean. The gardens were nice and tropical but the pool areas were poor. Both look old and raggedy and do not have a nice feel about them. We swam only once when it was too hot not too. Our room was as far back in the hotel as you could go and we had to hold our breath to walk past some REALLY smelly staff toilets to get to our room.

To top it off the man who serviced our room each day left us a note on day 3 saying he hoped I was happy with his work & he has enjoyed cleaning our room. We still had a couple of days left so I thought this was odd and just popped it to the side. What he actually wanted was for me to leave him a tip the next day. I didnt do this as we were not leaving for 2 days. Then the next day( our second last day ) I was in bed with a sick stomach & he kept ringing because he wanted to "come see me before we left" I had not seen him the entire stay yet. I said we don't leave for another day and he said it is his day off then so he wants to see me today. I asked why and he said just to say good bye. He was fishing for a tip and didn't want me to leave it the day we left as he wouldn't be there and the other cleaner would get it. In the end I was feeling so sick and wanted to get rid of him so he came up & my son gave him his tip & he left. I found this incredibly rude & can't believe he did it.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelEatExplore64
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our first time in Bali and I stayed with my mom for 10 nights. Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a Villa giving us club benefits. The service was excellent, although not all staff spoke English, they always found someone else to help. The pools were calm and the ambiance was incredible (although they could change their musical playlist). The food was delicious and each evening we enjoyed cocktails on the rooftop patio. I had a back and neck massage as they were running a special on spa services 50% off- totally worth it! EAch day in the outdoor lobby, they had a new flower art display, it was breathtaking. The hotel was very clean and friendly. The only bummer was their lack of fitness center however when I expressed an interest in finding yoga, they contacted another hotel and got me the schedule and pricing- completely above and beyond my expectations! Definitely an amazing place to relax, my next trip to Bali will definitely involve staying here again!

Room Tip: Definitely see if you can get a Villa. Not only does it include club benefits such as snacks, drinks, and happy hours, it is roomy and has an amazing bathroom with an outdoor tub!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennpaz8
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here on several occasions over the past few years. It is a relaxing retreat with quick access to the beach and close to new restaurants and a shopping arcade. Everything appears clean and tidy and the service is friendly. No welcome drink but who cares - they are never good anyway. Food is very good and the breakfast is the standard spread although the pastries are particularly fresh and prepared by a professional no doubt. Would prefer fresh filtered coffee rather than than that which is offered from a coffee dispenser.

Rooms are spacious with a good layout. Comprehensive TV channels. Room is well equipped with some special touches

It does not get 5 stars because there is no wireless connectivity in the rooms. Once again and typical of so many hotels in this country, the shower is in the bathtub and the shower head is set at a height which accommodates people with a height not
exceeding 160 cm.

Otherwise highly recommended for those who are tired of mass market hotels in Bali and who do not want to share the premises with hordes of Jakarta business people.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Herbert1234
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Arrived in Bali,3rd June for our second stay at Alam Kul Kul,we booked a Villa,which was roomy,and entitled us to club benefits ,breakfast,and either lunch or dinner,as well as 2hrs cocktails at night .the resort is small but well looked after and staff always friendly.

Room Tip: Pick a room with club benefits.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimBriigette
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at Alam KulKul last week for 6 nights with our 18 year old daughter.A lovely hotel with Balinese style decor and beautifully well maintained gardens. Beautiful breakfasts every day.
We had an Alam Villa room which amongst other things entitled us to free drinks for happy hour at the Verandah bar, very nice but cocktails limited to local cocktails made with arak. Papa's restaurant (Italian) at the front of hotel very nice and a great location looking over the beach.
One way traffic on street can be a problem when returning from Seminyak/Ubud area as taxis and tour buses have to return through Kuta which at peak hour can be a nightmare!
One problem we had on the first night was the noise around the Garden Pool by selfish aussies who act like they are in their own backyard at home. They carried on their loud partying which included jumping into the pool for hours. I phoned reception who were going to send security but they partied on for another 15 min or so and I don't even know if security turned up. I would like to think that security patrolled the grounds and could have stopped it a lot earlier. What a shame some can spoil things for others.
Hotel within walking distance of nice restauarants in both directions on the beach front and a short walk up Melasti street(on corner) to Legian road shopping strip.
(Exchange rate was good at 9500rp at authorised money changers but beware of money exchangers offering 10000rp, our taxi driver said after using one of these higher rate establishments they shut up shop after they have ripped you off!)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family