“Spacious room in good location”

Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach
Ranked #57 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed for five days in the 1 bedrom suite. it was a large room on level 5, not a great view, but our room had two balconies and lot of light.
The Suites are separately managed to the Jayakarta, so breakfast is extra but you do have access to the pool and restaurants, which was great.
The staff were very nice and helpful.
The club suites are located at the entrance of the hotel, so not on the beach side. not very good views, but not too far to walk to the pool or beach.
The room was large and clean with separate kitchen, if you wanted to have breakfast in.
Overall, a very nice room and a good pool/s with lots of shade.
The suites have a pull out sofa for an extra person or two if you are looking to save money.

Room Tip: Ask or the rooms with more light/two balconies... they were on the corner/end and much better layout...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Franca D
vpclubbali, Exec VP Product Development at Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Good Morning Franca D. I wanted to send a short note to say how great it is to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Club Bali Suites at Legian Beach. It is always such a pleasure to hear that our team were pleasant and over all added to the enjoyment of what I am sure was a hard earned break.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Indonesia

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My friend and I booked it because the swimming pools looked inviting and it was a stone throw away from the beach.

There was quite a confusion with the transport service Club Bali was supposed to provide for us. We emailed them but there was no reply, when we were at the airport, we saw a driver holding a piece of paper with our names, which we weren't expecting since we did not get a response after several emails to them.

When we got there, the staffs were very friendly, very professional. We were informed there were different managements. Thank goodness we were from the Club Bali management, they are so much friendlier (not going into ugly details).

When we checked in, I must say my friend and I were very pleased with the room. It came with a full kitchen (tho we weren't intending to cook a feast), a mineral water barrel which was very much appreciated. The fruit basket was just an apple though. Didn't have any welcome drink, but the room looked clean and was comfortable.

There was hot water in the shower, good and consistent. WIFI is available in the rooms, but you get better wireless coverage if you surf nearer to the door in the living room (maybe its just our room, but these WIFI signals can be frustrating if you need to get work done while holidaying)

Ordered room service a couple of times. First time we ordered asian food, it was average. Second time we ordered western, food was poor as both our burgers were undercooked. The receipt says no tipping, we didn't have small notes and gave the guy who delivered our food up to us a big note. He took the rest as a tip and left quickly. Shocked!

Went to check out water activities at the reception. One of the staff even came up to our room to confirm it. This bothers me a little bit, but from the friendly and helpful staffs there, I assumed it was over the top good service. Turns out he was sneakily promoting his own business, using the hotel's name to cover it up when I probed further.

I think this hotel needs more transparency in the way money is handled. Have money-related issues settled only during check-out would be good, and let guests know that, so these sneaky little tricks some of the staffs have, wouldn't have us fall victims to it!

The Swimming pool was really nice, though pool side benches gets fully taken up around 9 a.m. In the end, we didn't even go to the beach because the pool area was just so pretty! The beach wasn't that nice anyway.

Couples will have a great relaxing getaway there. Not much of shopping unless you head into the main Legian area. Check out their pictures in the gallery, it looks exactly like what you'll expect there.

Apart from the money issues, I had a nice trip. I hope this was useful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheGuruYouSay
vpclubbali, Exec VP Product Development at Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Dumb-Folded. Thank you for making time to share the experiences of your recent stay with us in Bali. We are of course very happy that overall you enjoyed the stay very much however I wanted to at the same time offer my sincerest apologies for the incidents that you mentioned that have shown some downfalls in our services. I am investigating the three incidents mentioned with the assistance of the property General Manager and will contact you directly in the next day or so to follow through.

Again please accept my personal apologies for these short comings and we hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort in the future

Exec VP Product Development

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The front desk manned by Miss Sri, Kerta and Deny are always friendly and they go out of their way to assist at all times. Nothing is too much of an effort for them. I have known Miss Sri for a number of years now and can always rely on her to be pleasant and extremely helpful. I look forward to seeing them on my next visit. Julie

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Julie S, Thank you so much for sharing your satisfaction with the service during your recent stay with us in Bali. It is always pleasing to hear such positive recommendations of our team and on behalf of the Staff and management, we look forward to being able to welcome you once again in the near future

Exec VP Product Development

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Booked these suites through a travel agent and paid about $AU150 per night for the one bedroom suite. Suites are quite spacious and relatively clean and comfortable. Bathroom in our suite was tired, the bath leaked as the drainage was not adequate and the shower pressure was really weak. There was plenty of mould in the grout and the bath towels had seen much much better days (some of the towels we were given were actually grey from overuse - but always CLEAN). Beds are comfortable and although the entire apartment was quite dark it did make for excellent sleeping. Beware the "late check out" as this is only offered as a request and the hotel can deny this at any time - or decide to charge you $US60 to delay check out from 12pm to 6pm. Our friends had a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms which was much nicer then ours - more light in the room itself, all furniture was new and kitchen and bathrooms had been renovated it was actually quite nice(yes their ensuite bathroom was as pictured in the hotels advertising). Staff are very friendly and accommodating and the use of the Jayakarta hotel facilities was good too as they have 3 pools and its right on the beach (decent surf break too). Oh and despite what I think I had read from other people we could not hear any noise from our room whatsoever, and beware the elevator door (which you will know what I'm talking about if you've been) it doesn't seem to sense if there is something or someone in the door way and closes very quickly - barely gives enough time for one person to get out let alone a family and bags! Had one of the children in our party get trapped in there on the first night and she didn't use the elevator for the rest of the trip.
All in all in my opinion I have stayed in much nicer rooms for less but hey it all depends on what your dollar is worth to you (if $AU150 is a drop in the ocean to you or whether its a weeks wages).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Anneastascia, Thank you for making time to write about your recent stay with us in Bali. It was nice to see that in the main, you enjoyed your stay and that overall you found the staff and service to be good. I do however note that aspects regarding your room were not acceptable and you will be pleased I am sure to know that the property is currently being upgraded with all most the issues mentioned being addressed. The one issue we are to a large degree stuck with is the lack of natural light in some of the one bedroom suites which we are still working on a solution to. The work on the rooms is in progress at present however due to the high demand during May, June and July, work was suspended however we expect to have all completed by the end of September this year. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and be able to show you the changes made

Thanks once again for making to time to share your experience

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed in the 'Club Bali' part which is far away from the pools and beach (still only a 5 minute walk). We had 2 adjoining 1 br apartments which weren't outstanding but were comfortable and adequate. The pools are huge and really good, the location is great, just across the road to legian beach which is much better than kuta, and some really good beachfront restaurants just to the north. The only real downside for me was the restaurant and drinks in the hotel were really overpriced by Bali standards. I wasn't disappointed but I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank toscanunan
vpclubbali, Exec VP Product Development at Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear toscanunan,
Firstly I would like to start by offering our apologies for the aspects of your stay that you found not quite as expected. It is good to hear that overall, you enjoyed the stay and found the location to be outstanding and the rooms and service to be good but we are always aiming to improve and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hotel restaurant & bar prices are always on the high side and in a destination like Bali that offers such a great range of food and drink choices with great value prices, the in house restaurant offers the convenience of not having to travel too far but the question of value for money is always one that challenges. We normally recommend our guests try some of the local restaurants and there is some great ones with in an easy walk of the hotel. We will pass your feed back on to the Jayakarta Hotel who owns and manages the Restaurants on site.

Thanks for making time to write about your recent stay with us in Bali and we hope you have taken away, some great memories of your holiday.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The staff provided an excellent help to my lady boss when she missed her flight, Ms Dayu went above her duties to help her to contact the airline and ensure that she has a room and well
taken care of. Thank you Ms Dayu, great job, keep it up.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
vpclubbali, Exec VP Product Development at Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Doris N. Thank you so much for the positive feed back and it is great to hear from someone about how our team assisted so much to sort a very difficult situation for a guest. I am sure you will be pleased to know that Dayu has been recognized for the exceptional effort she made

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in a more than ample, beautifully decorated one bedroom apartment, it was fantastic because it gave her more room to move around. The apartment's main room consisted of a living/tv area and kitchen, down the hall a bathroom and bedroom with a gigantic bed. The room I was staying in recently had its AC updated and it worked so well, I actually became cold! Which is a major bonus considering my daughter struggled with the heat a little. I also found it very important that the apartment are serviced, my sheets and towels were changed everyday, dishes cleaned, floors swept and mopped and rubbish bins emptied. The housekeeping lady, Rai, was lovely too.

By staying at Club Bali you have access to the Jayakarta Hotel pools, gardens and facilities, which are fantastic. There are three pools to choose from, one with fountains and a sunken bar, the other more quiet and a children's pool. Club Bali also provide you with fresh pool towels as frequently as you like. Just past the pools you have access to the beach, the esplanade and numerous amounts of seaside restaurants/lounges. Towards the road side of the complex, there are many places you can shop and eat.

Just a warning, if you do choose to book with Club Bali, that means you are NOT booking with Jayakarta. Although they're in the same complex and share the same building as Jayakarta Residence. This didn't bother me, but talking to other customers during our stay and reading some of the other reviews, it seems as though some people can easily become confused mainly due to breakfast not being inclusive. Although if you're looking for somewhere to get that western style breakfast, I HIGHLY recommend Tommy's just down the road. You can get a big breakfast for just under $5AU and a brilliant iced coffee for $1AU.

The location of Club Bali is great for families that still want to be close to the Kuta scene but not too close, the streets aren't as busy as Kuta so you're not battling traffic but its close enough that Kuta is only about $3AU by taxi or you can catch the free shuttle to Matahari Kuta.

The service was exceptional! All staff members were fantastic with my daughter, she took a particular liking to Made and all the ladies at the front of house. Most staff members speak English very well, especially at the front desk. Whenever I had a question or query related to transport, telephone numbers, locations of places etc etc, front of house were more than willing to do a bit of research on my behalf, which I found more than helpful.

I highly recommend Club Bali if you're traveling with family!

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger, have two balconies and are sunny. Higher floors have less noise, but you h...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MamaK00
vpclubbali, Exec VP Product Development at Club Bali Family Suites at Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear MamaK00. Thank you so much for making time to share your pleasure at the recent stay you had in our Bali property. It is always a pleasure to hear that our team have been able to make your stay in Bali a pleasurable one and I will pass on your thanks to all involved, especially Rai. You'll be pleased to hear that we offer a special incentive for our staff who are mentioned in guest reviews so Rai not only shares with the rest of the team, the pride in being part of the reason you have enjoyed your4 recent holiday but will also benefit directly from her efforts.