“One of the older resort but just...”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Hong Kong
“One of the older resort but just...”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

One of the older resort but just renovated. Great location and excellent services. The guest relations manager is amazing. My room Garden Club Chalet is spacious, clean and comes with tons of benefits including free 5-piece laundry, afternoon tea, evening cocktails at Garden Club Lounge. Can choose breakfast in 3 or 4 outlets and the buffet one has extensive food choice. Very convenient access to beach and about 10 minutes walk to Kuta. I think it is good value for money.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,262)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The last time we stayed at a big name hotel in Bali, we were extremely disappointed. The Padma, however, was a different story. Every part of our experience was first class – efficiency, room quality, service and food all fantastic. We upgraded to a Garden Club Villa and found the breakfasts alone in the Club Room to be worth it. The lagoon access rooms are amazing however don’t book these if you want peace and quiet as it does get quite rowdy once the pool bar fires up! I would definitely recommend this hotel to all types of travellers, there seems to be a little something for everyone and they thoroughly deserve the number 1 rating.

2 Thank WestOzRossco
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed for 15 days with my 2 sisters. The breckfast was fantastic. The staff were very helpful, nothing was a problem and they always had a smile on theire face. Rooms were good and comfortable mattresses. The new pool is great BUT, it was so annoying every morning to find towels on every sun chair by 8.00am, people did not turn up until lunch time to use those chairs in most cases.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
10 Thank Crowie076
Sydney.Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is my second trip to the Padma Resort Legian Bali, and I can say it is still amazing. The wing where we stayed in our last trip as well, has now a pool area which is the second for the Padma Resort.
The room we stayed in is now renovated and with fantastic results.
The bathroom is immaculate with a seperate bath and shower and updated to 5 star status.
The room itself is fresh and new and with ample light is amazing.
The service of the staff is still second to none and nothing is too impossible for them and is very prompt.
They still have renovations happening, but did not worry us and I think they in the final stages of finishing this anyway.
The lifts are new as well and the grounds still well manicured and maintained.
The breakfast is still vast and great and so much to choose from and I am sure covers all tastes.
Do yourselves a favour and stay at the Padma Resort, and I shall be returning again next year 2011.

Mary
Mary

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary1963_10
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Just spent a week at the Padma Resort and had a wonderful stay.
I had read all the reports about people getting sick and came so close to cancelling my reservation and booking with another hotel, however after reading that the problem had been sorted I decided not change hotels.
I took great precautions however - I took Travelan tablets with me as well as hand sanitizer wipes and gels.
I stayed here from 18th August until 25th August in a Garden Club Chalet.

Okay, my review, starting from the start.
Check In:
Check in was fairly quick. The main staff were quite busy however another Padma staff member came to my service and quickly obtained someone to usher me to the Club Lounge for priority check in.
I was also offered a lovely refreshing welcome drink at the main desk.
I was warmly welcomed by the Garden Club staff. As it was after 20:00 the club was quiet. The check in process was quick.
The only unusual and concerning part of the check in process was that I had to leave my luggage at the front of the hotel the entire time. Only once I had officially checked in and was shown to my room was the luggage delivered to me. This may be a security measure.

Chalet:
Wow! Lovely room! Wooden floorboards (not parquetry). King size bed with really cool lighting illuminating the surrounds of the bed (see photo). Large LCD panel TV. Bathroom had an awesome shower and a bathtub. Both the bathroom and bedroom were very clean.
Quilt on bed. Very soft and comfortable pillows. Mattress was very comfortable too. Had a great sleep each night.
Aircon worked perfectly however as the weather in Bali was a lot cooler (less humid) than normal I switched the aircon off before going to bed. The room was still cool in the morning.
Turn down service in the evenings just added a touch of sophistication.
All toiletries except deodorant were included.
The only thing that I had to ask for was an iron/ironing board which was missing from the room.

House Keeping:
The 2nd day the water bottles weren’t restocked in the bathroom. But as I didn’t need them I didn’t say anything.
However the next day one of the staff restocked and cleaned my room so well I tipped him RP20,000. He was quite surprised at that.

Sleep quality:
The only problem I had with noise was the last 2 nights where my neighbours in room 642 were talking loudly outside my room at 1am.
Other than that there was no problem with noise from people walking past or from staff.

Breakfast:
There are now 4 choices of breakfast venues for Garden Club members! Taman Ayun Cafe, Bella Rosa, in your room and now there is an American breakfast at the cafe next to the lagoon.
Padma is very well known for its buffet breakfast at Taman Ayun and rightly so. I had breakfast here twice. So much choice. Coffee top ups came regularly too! However I decided to try breakfast at Bel La Rosa and after that only had breakfast there.
The best place for breaky as you get to watch the surf rolling in and surfers catching the early morning breaks. The selection of food here was just as awesome. The Portobello mushrooms with goat’s cheese and herbs were very delicious.

Garden Club:
- Afternoon tea: cheeses n crackers, soft drinks, cakes etc was nice.
- Cocktails n canapés: from 5pm to 7pm were fantastic. Drink service was really fast. The longest I had to wait was about 10 minutes one night as the club was quite busy. They were making and serving drinks both at the inside and outside bars.
The food was incredible and very filling. Loved the chicken cordon bleu and the crumbed prawns which had the best tartare sauce I've ever tasted!!
Cocktails were very strong and very delicious. The beer was ice cold!!! As it should be.. :)
- Staff: were always friendly and welcoming. When I left my room access card in the room they were quick to get me another.
A big thank you to all staff at the GC!!

Dinner:
To my surprise (very nice surprise) I was given 2 dinner vouchers to use for any of the buffet dinners. I tried the Italian buffet on Monday. Chef Raul was present and recommended the snail Bolognese sauce with spaghetti. My first time eating snails and they were actually quite nice!!
I tried a selection of other Italian dishes and all were rather nice. I didn’t use the other voucher as I was full most nights after eating at the Garden Club. :)
Restaurants are quite pricey. Not too many people eating dinner at the hotel. Management should consider lowering the prices and I'm sure they would find that a lot more guests would start eating at the hotel. The food is good, just too expensive.

Gymnasium/Steam Sauna:
Equipment available is quite good. Could do with some fixed weight barbells. Water cooler & cups available so don't need to take a water bottle.
Now the steam sauna would have to be THE BEST I have ever been in. They've smartly infused mint oil into the steam so your senses were filled with minty goodness. It also left your skin feeling very cool to the touch.
I felt so refreshed after spending about 10 minutes in there. I was the only person using the sauna which is a shame because it is such an awesome and free facility.
The hotel should promote this to its guests!!

Renovations:
No noise whatsoever. Reno's are going on in the car park away from the hotel.
Still some work going on near the lagoon area but still quiet.

Staff:
All staff around the site were very friendly!

Pools:
There were plenty of available sun beds, just need to get in early. There were always plenty of free sun beds near the lagoon pool.
Both the water features (especially the Bali god - see photo) at the lagoon are just awesome.
There is a spa in the pool beneath the dragon.

WiFi: I was able to access WiFi in my room which was awesome!! Also had access at all dining venues at the hotel. Although access seemed to be resticted at Bel La Rosa (couldnt check my email).

Overall, Padma is very central and in a nice quiet section of Legian. It would still have to be the number 1 hotel in Legian.
Once all the renovations have been fully completed, this hotel will be even more awesome.
Big thanks (Terima kasih!!) to all staff and management at Padma Resort!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank NasiG
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali at Legian!

Thank you for your thorough review on the facilities and services offered at Padma Resort!

I’m happy that you’ve decided to stay with us and everything turned out to be enjoyable for you.
I’ve shared your compliments regarding breakfast and dining experience to our Executive Chef and team who will be more than happy to recommend other specialties that we have the next time you stay with us again.

Just for information, our front entrance renovation project will be completed by mid October and our Tennis Courts will be re-opened in mid November this year.

Once again thanking you for your kind feedback. All of us are looking forward to your return stay with Padma Resort in the near future!

Kind regards,

T.Soerjanto
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Had the pleasure if staying 7 nights in the Lagoon View Room.. The room was super clean, with everything that you would expect.. Location was awesome, with the beach out the front and hustle at the back.. Pools were amazing, with pool bar in the main area... but you could get anything you want anywhere on the resort.. service was outstanding! Food was also great, with a breakfast that would feed a small army.. Japanese Restaurant was also good...Would recommend this for people who like resort style living, the concept of not lifting a finger (apart from picking up your cocktails) Cant wait to go back:)

Melbourne
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Just got back from an 8 day stay in the new Lagoon Access rooms and all I can say is it was the best hotel I've stayed in at Bali in the 6 times I have visited. The upgrades have made this hotel truely 5 stars, staff service is brilliant, grounds and room was top rate. The breakfast unbelieveable and dinner theme nights were top class, Japanese buffet dinner is excellent and my favourite. Lack of sun decks around the Lagoon bit of a hassle, but you need to consider many people are housed in this complex area over the Lagoon. Laggon access rooms are a dream, nothing like stepping into the new pool from your room, brilliant idea and well planned layout, very well done Padma. Best sleeps I've had at any resort and the small amount of night maintenace was very well handled, most heavy work out the front which was well managed and not a problem within the resort. No problems with stomach bugs / sickness that I could see or heard about, so all seems fine now.

Just the one bad point:

Some selfish 6.00am Granny sundeck hogs up and about to place their sun hats on the deck chairs early then not use them till mid afternoon, thanks for that guys maybe next time consider other people around you. There is a one hour policy sign in place, staff should start to lift items on chairs if they are not being used, make it fair on all of us staying at this great resort.

All in all will be back, big thanks to friendly staff at the resort who made this a brilliant short break for myself and partner, cya next year for sure.

Francesco

1 Thank Frankhalo
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience in staying with Padma Resort on TripAdvisor.

I’m pleased that your stay with us was lovely and everything was to your satisfaction. I’m also glad that you like the concept of our new Lagoon Access rooms.

My team and I have dealt with the Sun Lounges problems and will do our best to keep the problems to a minimum level. Rules are now strictly reinforced and some extra Lounges as well as Parasols were also added around pool area for everyone’s convenience.

Thanking you once again and hoping to welcome you back for another great getaway in Bali Island!

Warm regards,

T.Soerjanto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!