First time to Bali and what a great experience. This resort is everything you want and then some more. The staff are fantastic and never walk past you without saying hello. We stayed at the Garden Chalet which was a spacious room, cleaned every day and the tv has 90 odd channels to choose from in all different languages.
The resort facilities are great, the pool is unbelievable and you can just float around in it all day. Breakfast is plentiful and take a tip, make this your main meal of the day, Im not saying the food you buy is over priced, but you will be paying premium price for what you get. An example is from the pool bar 2 drinks (non alcoholic), club sandwich and wedges you dont get much change out of AU$35. Dinner at Bela Rosa is nice from the sunset deck overlooing the beach but again meals are at a premium price.
The Garden Club was great and if you can afford to spend that little extra it will probably save you what you spend. You can go in there from 10am and have coffee, tea or soft drink with cookies and nibblies, from 3pm they have an afternoon tea which is quite nice and from 5pm they have cocktails until 7pm, weak but plentiful and they also put on food. If you are happy to snack on this you wont want to eat dinner which was our case for 5 or the 9 nights, so you save yourself a fair bit of money.
Shopping is within walking distance are towards the end of your stay you will wish you could hover over them to you intended destination because they are relentless and hassle you most of the time. We had leather boots (male and female) made there from Dolphin leather which were fantastic quality, female boots AU$90 mens U$70 great value. I had a tuxedo made up there from Kings taylors great value at AU$200.
You will be forever harrassed by locals to go on a day tour with them, we were lucky and found someone the first day who took us on a tour from 9am to 5pm and charged us AU$50 a lot of the drivers will try and get you for about AU$100 choose carefully.
OK tips from my experience;
1. If you are comfortable carrying cash take Ozzy dollars, you will get a much better rate from the many exchangers in Legian and they will be a lot more then you will get at home or the airport example I changed money at a bank in Aust and received 7100 irp on the street they were giving from 7500 to 7800irp and you can even pay for your goods in AU$.
2. When you arrive at Dempersar you will feel like a rock star because you will have porters coming from everywhere helping you your bags, taking you through all the screening etc and they will lead you straight to a money exchanger expecting a remuneration for their service that they just provided to you. Be careful and take your own bags through tell them you dont require their service.
3. there is free WIFI in the reception and club lounge, if you have a small computer or iPhone you can gain access. As much as they say 'free' if you havent got a computer there is a charge to hire one to access the free WIFI. lol
Hope this review helps you decide on your destination in Bali, we went for a walk from Legian to Kuta on the beach and the Padma is by far the best we saw over there. We loved it so much we are going back at Xmas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Padma Resort Legian is previously known as Padma Resort Bali at Legian. Acclaimed as a five-star art sanctuary, Padma Resort Legian is a serene paradise under the dancing shadows of the renowned Legian sunset. Just steps away from the traditional art and fashion market of Legian street, the resort is a sanctuary at one with nature. Spaciously set within a romantic 6.8-hectare garden landscape, the resort provides comfortable accommodation, world-class facilities and the celebrated Balinese hospitality that promise wonderful stays for discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Padma Resort Legian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padma Resort Bali At Legian Hotel Legian
- Padma Hotel Bali Legian
- Hotel Padma Bali
- Padma Bali
- Bali Padma
- Padma Resort Legian Bali