“Had an awesome time...”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
“Had an awesome time...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently came back from Bali and stayed at Padma for the first 7 nights of my trip. Was there with the missus and 2 young kids (Aged 4 and 6).

We had a late night flight so by the time we came out of the airport, it was 9:30 PM. As we came out, it was nice to be greeted by the hotel staff and his vehicle. Journey back to the hotel was nice as he was very polite and courteous, a trait which I found in all Padma staff. The check-in was again quick, prompt and without any hassles.

The breakfast is the highlight of the stay there. What a spread! Starting from the fresh juices, the omelette corner, the waffle corner, fruits, cereals - everything was just amazing,

We tried the room service as well and again - the food was awesome! Food at the pool cafe - awesome!

We tried both the Indonesian Buffet and the Italian Buffet and again - AWESOME! Being a foodie, I can be tad critical at times but all meals at Padma were just amazing.

Loved the kids pool and the lagoon pool as we spent so much time there.

All in all - had an awesome time and am already thinking of going back, Mmmm....that breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajpal07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,288)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my first time to Bali, and I chose Padma based on the website and the reviews, which I think are fair for the most part. The place is truly exceptional, with friendly staff, amazingly landscaped grounds, artwork everywhere and good food. The positives of the resort far outweigh the negatives that people have mentioned. I did find the price high - I took the Lagoon Access room - but there are few of them and therefore the cost will be high. But I did not regret it. Having direct access to the beautiful lagoon pool is something you need to try. I never went to the larger pool once. The lagoon pool was perfect, had plenty of shade, was clean and surrounded by vegetation - truly exotic and exactly what I wanted. The photos don't really show enough of how fabulous it is. Also I can say that the check in and check out were oddly very slow. I travel a lot for business and this process should take 5 minutes or less, so I would suggest they look at their front desk procedures. Drink and food process were reasonable for a resort of this quality. The room was very nice as well and I had a birthday cake already there when we arrived, which was a nice touch. And it was very nice to be picked up and taken to the airport by the hotel driver. Breakfasts were fantastic and cater to everyone...for the few bad reviews on the breakfasts, those can be attributed to those people who are impossible to please. As for the children - yes there were a lot, but for the most part I found them well behaved and not intrusive.

Reviews on the beach are accurate - lots of trash strewn about. Now while I understand that this is a public beach and not owned by the resort, I think that the Padma should send a crew out in the morning with bags and pick up the beach trash, since their guests are using that stretch of beach and a cleaner beach would reflect better on the resort.

I will definitely stay at Padma again. In fact I would like to request the same room as before and they need to be able to make that happen with their reservation processes.

Padma must not be missed. You will love it.

Room Tip: Lagoon Access Room - expensive but a huge treat. It is amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kalster65
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first trip to Bali Island. I’m glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and services.

We’re aware of the annual trash problem along kuta – legian beach area. We’ve been proactive in organizing beach cleaning activity every morning and also hiring extra daily workers just to get the job done. I’ll share your comment with our local government to raise their awareness about the beach condition and its impact on tourism.

On behalf of the Padma Team, I look forward to your return stay, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The Padma Resort is a truly outstanding complex, this has been our 8th/9th stay and it just keeps getting better and better. It's greatest asset are their lovely staff. The new addition of the Lagoon rooms are a wonderful addition to a wonderful Resort. Would thoroughly recommend upgrading to the Club, service and benefits are well worth it and make a wonderful stay even better (if that's possible). You will not be disappointed with what the Padma has to offer and still has the best pool in Bali and now the Lagoon pool to compliment this great Resort.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Aust
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First time staying at the Padma, and definately not dissapointed. Stayed in a ground floor deluxe room, which was great. We moved rooms to be closer to friends and that was no problem.
Lagoon pool awesome for a relaxing day, with poolside food/drinks very reasonable.
Made a great cake for my wife's 40th, and the look on her face as the staff sang as they brought it out priceless!! ...(there was 3 birthdays on the same day at breakfast!)

Check in/out a little slow, but not a big drama....and a quick trip the the Circle K ensured we had a bintang/pringle fix on first night (the room fridges are empty, do dont expect a minibar!)

Room Tip: Ground floor deluxe great on north side close to the lagoon pool great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A7993
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing! I loved everything about it and did not want to leave. My boyfriend and I stayed 7 days in a delux chalet room. It was perfect for us. Very quiet at night. The bed was huge and extremely comfy! We ate at the Japanese restaurant one night. Really lovely meal and a great selection of dishes. The pools are fantastic. Both have swim up bars. Breakfast was fantastic. Biggest selection I have ever seen. Cannot wait to come back one day!!

• Stayed March 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great time at Padma - just for 5 days this time, breakfast awesome - fantastic staff who are so lovely and helpful. For a massive hotel it is unbelievable that everything runs so smoothly - always amazes me. I don't really understand bad reviews for this hotel - only 'hard to please' is right about the kids - there are children everywhere! My advice if you like a sleep in is maybe get one of the chalets (seem a bit quieter) instead of the deluxe/lagoon rooms as we were woken up 2 mornings by noisy children running down the halls and also yelling and making a lot of noise in the pool at 7am! Parents who don't teach their children to be considerate of other guests is not the fault of the hotel though! It's not a really big deal though unless you are a complete grouch. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My new husband and I have just returned from 5 nights at the Padma (Garden View room 519) and were extremely happy with many elements of this upmarket facility. However, what impressed us most runs far deeper than the buildings them self. It is the staff, with their generous, genuine smiles and attention to detail that impressed us no end. From the security men at the gates, to the staff at breakfast (and in 'The Club) we cannot fault their amazing desire to provide quality service at all times. Would we stay again? No. For no other reason than the property is far too large and the human wave at breakfast and besieging the pools is far too much for us, who like a more personal, quieter atmosphere. And even though we might evoke the ire of parents (just for the record, we are parents also) there are FAR too many young children running around for our liking. In a nutshell, Padma impressed us and that is due to the staff ~ well done to management for ensuring this massive resort runs so well but retains a very warm, human touch. Kudos to the following also: HUGE shower and super sonic shower rose, magnificently maintained gardens with eclectic sculptures, stunning koi fish,super efficient room service (VERY fast turn around ~ VERY in-expensive and delicious). Well done!

Room Tip: If breakfast is your bag ~ then you cannot do better than here. However, be prepared to get up early...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali

Thank you for your compliments of our resort and our staff. I’m glad to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and services. I’ve shared your kind comments with the entire team here.

I hope that we’ll have another opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, should your travel plan bring you back to Legian area.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 146 in Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!