“Was Surprised”

Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Australia
“Was Surprised”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My stay at the Legian Beach Hotel came as a pleasant surprise, after reading reviews prior to staying l did not have very high expectations of this resort. Upon checking in
we were upgraded to a larger room with views across to the gardens/sea, the cleanliness was good not fantastic but its very normal for Bali. Breakfast was of good range and the open air restaurant was lovely. The gardens around the Resort are very beautiful, pool areas were very nice but a bit small, never the less depending when you used them we never had any trouble getting a lounge chair. Position is excellent, beach is right near, Legian shops just outside the Legian beach grounds. I have stayed at many places in Bali over the years Padma does stand out but The Legian Beach Resort does provide good accommodation for a reasonable price, the bungalows would be the preferred accommodation when staying there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear Libnet,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your valuable time in giving us your stay experience.

We are pleased to know that you have had an enjoyable time with us and I believe your recommendation on type of accommodation to stay will be beneficial to all readers.

I am the new General Manager of the hotel and please feel free to write to me directly at anytime at generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com for your next visit to Bali or any other enquiry.

Once again, thank you from us all

Arif Billah
Legian Beach Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The Legian beach hotel was a total let down. Really awful in all aspects. We arrived there after stay at the Aston in Nusa Dua which was amazing. We were shocked every day of our stay at Legian beach hotel. From the moment we got there we were upset we had picked this hotel. Our room had a horrible view of the dirty slums next door which was very noisy with locals shouting etc. We woke up the first morning and i was in the shower, in the middle of washing my hair the shower stopped - no more water. This happened numerous times during our stay - a minute or so into the shower. When water did come out of the shower it stank of sewerage so we felt dirty after the shower which was disgusting. I had a feeling my shower cap had been reused for us, so i ripped it a little and ripped the box it came in and threw it in the bin, after they cleaned our room i checked and they had taken it out of the bin and put it back in the ripped box and back on the tray!!!!! I could go on but i would write an essay! Basically the hotel was extremely run down, the staff were not attentive like all other places we have stayed, the pools were small and crouded. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND NO ONE STAYS HERE!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pipinperth
syd
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I would like to say I've been coming to bali for years and stayed at the Mandira, Padma and serviced apartments and this would have to be the worst hotel I've stayed in. We were advised to stay in the deluxe family room which was very expensive to find upon arrival the room was mouldly and near the main road. My 2year old was stuck in the moudly room. I complained and they could move us for 2 days. My 2yr old also cut his toe in the pool which was very deep. Looked like a piece of glass was in the pool.
My husband and I got Dengue fever and believe it was due to the lack of spraying as everyday we all had mosi bites all over us. My husband spent two nights in hospital which was horrible.

Once we were well again we moved to the Kartika Plaza, now thats 5 star! We should have stayed here the entire trip.

For the price you pay this isn't a four star hotel more like 2.5. Needs a major revamp as rooms are dated not to mention smelly. The only nice thing I can say is the location its right on Legian Beach but thats the only thing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank sydsarah
Perth
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed at the LegianBeach Hotel for 10 days.
I found all the staff to be very welcoming and accommodating during our entire stay from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We had free airport transfers which eased us into our holiday without fuss.
The breakfast was delicious every morning, and every meal we had at our hotel was fantastic and also reasonably priced.
The Pool bar is great we even made a few friends with the staff down there. The drinks are reasonably prices and are delicious.
Our room was cleaned everyday, and was beautiful. We stayed in a deluxe garden Bungalow. The rooms are quite spacious and are beautifully decorated. The Grounds of the hotel are very well maintained, spotles and are gorgeous. We had a great time looking at the squirrels bouncing from tree to tree.
The facilities of the hotel are also great with a scuba diving desk, tours, surfing lessons, cooking classes, flower arranging classes and more.

Overall I would definately stay here again, I was sad to go, and the staff just make you feel like home!! The Legian Beach Hotel is truly a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
perth
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The hotel was wonderful, very clean and the service was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel to stay at while in Bali. The pool with the bar was great and we were able to have a quiet drink while the kids swam in the kiddy pool 20m away from the swim up bar. The service staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate and please us. We stayed in a Deluxe beach villa which was very roomy even though we spent most of our time in the pool, beach or shopping. We have stayed at a few different places in Bali but rate this the best so far. Will stay here next time we travel to Bali.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here from the location, to the staff to our lovely bungalow.

If I had to change one thing it would be the price. I think if you look around you can get somewhere just as nice for less!!

We traveled with our 18 month old and he just loved the fact that he always had other children to play with in the two pools. He was also very entertained by the squirrels (which the resort protects).

I'd stay there again in a pinch (provided I could get a good deal).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Esperance, WA
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed at the Legain Beach Hotel, it was so luxurious and beautifull.
Our room was the Deluxe Beach Bungalow and it was amazing, everything we could have wanted. We found the average age of other fellow guests was about 60 so it was hard to have a casual drink around the bar with other young people as my partner and i are only 21. And the pool bar had too many small children trying to jump and splash which was quite frustrating when you had a drink in your hand. The service was great, found it hard to have a sleep-in as the curtains where very thin (had to resort to putting towels over the windows one night). All the local cuisine was wonderful, i think you have to expect that a steak or ribs are not going to be good tho. Cocktails were on the expensive side but the conveinience of it all made it worth it. I would definately go back, but maybe after we try a hotel that is more young people oriented..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple