“Superior family room or deluxe family room??” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Legian Beach Hotel
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Superior family room or deluxe family room??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Can someone please help me? I have booked the superior family room for our family holiday in September, traveling with 2 teenagers 15, 18. Has anyone stayed in that room as l need reviews on it. Does it face a huge brick wall as l have read or do some rooms have a carpark view? Is the room big enough? Or do l pay extra and change to the family deluxe even though we are only sleeping in the room, l really don't won't to pay extra. Thoughts please anyone who has stayed in these room's. Thanks :)

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank kimmyhodgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We made arrangements to stay at the LBH after hearing great things from friends & family.. upon arrival, the grounds are beautiful, the staff are also friendly. We were given our room & we a little disapointed as we had specifically asked for a room that didnt connect to another, once we expressed our concerns to the staff at the front desk they were more than happy to accomidate & provided us with our new room.

The room had a large bed, Tv, Wifi, Fridge, Wardrobe, Aircon & Bathroom.. Our room got cleaned daily, fresh sheets & towels.. The service of our rooms were great.

Breakfast daily - DELICIOUS, lots to choose from, bacon, eggs, sausages, fresh baked goods, they even had a pancake station upstairs will enough toppings to keep me satisified.

The grounds are beautiful, luscious green gardens that are well looked after, 2 large pools one with a swim up pool & wonderful deck that looks over the beach.. they also have happy hr with 50% cocktails which was wonderful as we watched the sunset.

We also ate at the Tempenyaki Restuarant.. What an expirence, we had a great time, it was SO funny.. & the food was to die for, for the first time in a LONG time my husband left saying he was FULL, so that was great & well worth the money.

Location was also great, within walking distance to everything we needed..

In all honesty, I would stay at this hotel again, there are rooms that are nicer in the area for the same money, but the grounds/atmosphere is what would keep me coming back.

If you're looking for a 1 stop hotel, equiped with pool, restuarants & a great location then this is for you. I will mention also, we stayed in a Garden Bunglow, which is beautiful & private.

Room Tip: Garden Bunglows without adjoining rooms are great for a private retreat!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed in a Private Pool Villa with Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was the perfect size for 2 adults to fully recline and relax in, the pool is more of a small lap pool, but it has a seat with spa jets down one end so you can sit and enjoy the heat if you don't want to actually swim. The hotel is very well situated with a plethora of restaurants, bars and local markets right on your front door and walking distance to Kuta. The hotel restaurant looks out over the ocean, without having a road in the way to spoil the view. The thing I love most about Legian Beach Hotel is definitely the service - the staff are welcoming and efficient, the rooms are clean and the food is great. This was my second stay here, I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a Deluxe Beach Bungalow and in a Private Pool Villa - the main bedroom is similar i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise S
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I booked via the hotels website after reading previous reviews on Trip Advisor and also a personal recommendation from a work colleague.

I booked a deluxe room which included a free upgrade to a garden bungalow. All I wanted was to stay in a bungalow. On check in I was told that I was upgraded. I assumed this was my already paid for upgrade. After a 20 minute check in (longest I have ever had) I was finally shown to my room by a porter. It turned out to be the motel style family suite. So I had been upgraded, although away from my requested (and paid for) bungalow, and I was placed into a motel style family suite which was damp, smelly, mouldy and too uncomfortable for just one person as I was travelling alone.

I went back to reception to try to fix this, and after an hour and a half I was finally moved, however to a lower grade of room than I had paid for. To compensate I was offered one buffet meal. By this time I just wanted a room, a lie down, then maybe a drink.

The room that I ended up in was clean, had all the amenities, bar fridge, flat screen, bathroom with bath. It was not however what I paid for.

The location was great, right on the beach and close to everything in Legian. The resort had a pool, spa (at additional cost), gym (although closed while I was there) a number of bars and food options which was handy.

I would be very hesitant to return to this hotel (I'm planning another Bali trip in November) as if I pay for a certain location I would expect to receive it, or be adequately compensated.

Just be wary of the Free Special Upgrade deals.

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank Kirstie976
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Legian Beach hotel is in a great location right on the beach ( no roads to cross ) and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping, located on the border of Legian and Kuta. The gardens and two pools are a great oasis away from the hustle and bustle. The two restaurants overlooking the beach are idealic, and reasonably priced. The bungalows are furnished basically, but have plenty of space and a nice outlook, storage could be improved but has good free WiFi access. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in Bali including several five star, but keep returning to the Legian Beach Hotel due to the location and fantastic staff that greet everybody with a smile and treat you like family.

Room Tip: Bungalows are close to the pools, beach and hotel restaurants.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Steve_and_Jill_Aus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Holidayed at this hotel 2weeks ago for 15 nights and would never stay here again it's definitely not a 4 star it's probably a2 star the reception staff are extremely rude and not helpful . There is no service by the pool well there was no one around when we needed them . The breakfast is boring and the rooms are very old and a hell of a walk to the pool and breakfast . I was excited when we realised there were 5 restaurants but all terrible . Please do your homework before booking this hotel

Stayed February 2014
9 Thank donnyb53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!