“Bliss”

Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Maroochydore, Australia
“Bliss”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We made arrangements to stay at the LBH after hearing great things from friends & family.. upon arrival, the grounds are beautiful, the staff are also friendly. We were given our room & we a little disapointed as we had specifically asked for a room that didnt connect to another, once we expressed our concerns to the staff at the front desk they were more than happy to accomidate & provided us with our new room.

The room had a large bed, Tv, Wifi, Fridge, Wardrobe, Aircon & Bathroom.. Our room got cleaned daily, fresh sheets & towels.. The service of our rooms were great.

Breakfast daily - DELICIOUS, lots to choose from, bacon, eggs, sausages, fresh baked goods, they even had a pancake station upstairs will enough toppings to keep me satisified.

The grounds are beautiful, luscious green gardens that are well looked after, 2 large pools one with a swim up pool & wonderful deck that looks over the beach.. they also have happy hr with 50% cocktails which was wonderful as we watched the sunset.

We also ate at the Tempenyaki Restuarant.. What an expirence, we had a great time, it was SO funny.. & the food was to die for, for the first time in a LONG time my husband left saying he was FULL, so that was great & well worth the money.

Location was also great, within walking distance to everything we needed..

In all honesty, I would stay at this hotel again, there are rooms that are nicer in the area for the same money, but the grounds/atmosphere is what would keep me coming back.

If you're looking for a 1 stop hotel, equiped with pool, restuarants & a great location then this is for you. I will mention also, we stayed in a Garden Bunglow, which is beautiful & private.

Room Tip: Garden Bunglows without adjoining rooms are great for a private retreat!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed in a Private Pool Villa with Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was the perfect size for 2 adults to fully recline and relax in, the pool is more of a small lap pool, but it has a seat with spa jets down one end so you can sit and enjoy the heat if you don't want to actually swim. The hotel is very well situated with a plethora of restaurants, bars and local markets right on your front door and walking distance to Kuta. The hotel restaurant looks out over the ocean, without having a road in the way to spoil the view. The thing I love most about Legian Beach Hotel is definitely the service - the staff are welcoming and efficient, the rooms are clean and the food is great. This was my second stay here, I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a Deluxe Beach Bungalow and in a Private Pool Villa - the main bedroom is similar i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I booked via the hotels website after reading previous reviews on Trip Advisor and also a personal recommendation from a work colleague.

I booked a deluxe room which included a free upgrade to a garden bungalow. All I wanted was to stay in a bungalow. On check in I was told that I was upgraded. I assumed this was my already paid for upgrade. After a 20 minute check in (longest I have ever had) I was finally shown to my room by a porter. It turned out to be the motel style family suite. So I had been upgraded, although away from my requested (and paid for) bungalow, and I was placed into a motel style family suite which was damp, smelly, mouldy and too uncomfortable for just one person as I was travelling alone.

I went back to reception to try to fix this, and after an hour and a half I was finally moved, however to a lower grade of room than I had paid for. To compensate I was offered one buffet meal. By this time I just wanted a room, a lie down, then maybe a drink.

The room that I ended up in was clean, had all the amenities, bar fridge, flat screen, bathroom with bath. It was not however what I paid for.

The location was great, right on the beach and close to everything in Legian. The resort had a pool, spa (at additional cost), gym (although closed while I was there) a number of bars and food options which was handy.

I would be very hesitant to return to this hotel (I'm planning another Bali trip in November) as if I pay for a certain location I would expect to receive it, or be adequately compensated.

Just be wary of the Free Special Upgrade deals.

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank Kirstie976
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Legian Beach hotel is in a great location right on the beach ( no roads to cross ) and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping, located on the border of Legian and Kuta. The gardens and two pools are a great oasis away from the hustle and bustle. The two restaurants overlooking the beach are idealic, and reasonably priced. The bungalows are furnished basically, but have plenty of space and a nice outlook, storage could be improved but has good free WiFi access. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in Bali including several five star, but keep returning to the Legian Beach Hotel due to the location and fantastic staff that greet everybody with a smile and treat you like family.

Room Tip: Bungalows are close to the pools, beach and hotel restaurants.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Steve_and_Jill_Aus
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Holidayed at this hotel 2weeks ago for 15 nights and would never stay here again it's definitely not a 4 star it's probably a2 star the reception staff are extremely rude and not helpful . There is no service by the pool well there was no one around when we needed them . The breakfast is boring and the rooms are very old and a hell of a walk to the pool and breakfast . I was excited when we realised there were 5 restaurants but all terrible . Please do your homework before booking this hotel

Stayed February 2014
9 Thank donnyb53
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel has a good location nice a quiet but still near good restaurants and massage places.
The beach was very dirty, did not swim in the water. The hotel has 2 pools which are very nice. The pools and the gardens are well maintained. We stayed in a bungalow which seems to have been revamped but rooms still looks more like 3 star than a 4 star. Beds are quite hard. Breakfast was average. The pancake station was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank razzsa
Perth (Coogee)
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed there again now for the 5th time only to find we are now VIP guests.....
Well we got a upgrade got spoilt on my birthday cake in our room and some lovely flowers, went to the Yuyake Teppanyaki restaurant except to pay AUS $$$$ but well worth the meal and entertainment.
One thing which I find a little strange is the Waffle & Pancake station is on the next floor which you can use the lift or if you over indulge you walk off those extra kilos your about to eat,
Once again nothing to fault I do believe its what you make of your holiday and speak to them how you like to be spoken too, I have heard some people talk down to them and think they are owed something a little respect goes along way.
Robins Bar at the front of hotel great for a cold beer or four and watch the sunset!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank oxysPerth_Coogee_
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!