“Absolutely 5+++++star! We'll be back!”
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Legian Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Everything we expected and MORE! came to legian beach resort and spa on recommendation from a work mate! It's a fantastic place. Good price and facilities excellent. Centrally located easy access to Kuta and Seminyak. Spent 8 nights in a very comfortable garden bungalow. Nice bed and bathroom. Beautiful gardens. Pool areas are great. Right on the beach front. We dined at all the restaurants, and they offer 3 different styles of food. Indonesian was our favourite. The teppanyaki night is a lot of fun! All the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We looked at a lot of he other places in close proximity, and we were glad we chose the Legian beach resort.
We booked directly with the hotel online and paid about $200 - 220 per night. It's worth it!
Will come back next year. The only thing that I would like to see is a little cheaper spa prices. Even tho they offer 50% discount, we found a place (green spa - see review) that was amazing and a very good price.
If you are contemplating where to stay and want something on he beach close to kuta and 5++ star then I would highly recommend this hotel! Tiramakasi!

Room Tip: Go for a bungalow. Garden bungalows are not much different from the beach ones
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Greg D,

A warm greeting from sunny Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us and giving your kind reviews. I believe your recommendation will be very useful for others to know.

You are absolutely right about the GREAT LOCATION that we are in and indeed it has benefited many others too.

Also, thank you for patronizing all our restaurants. Many others have also voted Lais Indonesian Restaurant as their favorite dinner venue.

Thank you once again and should your time to return pops up, please do not hesitate to let me know directly to make the arrangement for you and the family.

Meanwhile, have a wonderful time ahead.

There are newer reviews for Legian Beach Hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Ive just been privileged enough to have my wedding at legian beach.. It was the most amazing day thanks to Wida and all the staff they made it unforgettable and I have had nothing but compliments on everything down to the flower arrangements the service the food the photography! It was made simple by Wida she helped me plan it via the net from Perth! I seriously can't thank the hotel and staff enough! We stayed in a pool villa that was AMAZING and have experienced the delicious buffet.. Will deffinatly be staying there again! :)

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear HAPPY LiveLoveTravell,

Honeymoon greetings from us all and thank you, thank you and thank you again for giving us the opportunity to prepare all your needs and arrangement for your wedding day and be the proud part of it.

We are all and Wida of course, so so pleased to witness the very important day and that everything was a smooth sail that had also made your day.

We are glad that you have also enjoyed our newly designed Pool Villa and I hope that too has given you an additional memorable experience.

At anytime when you decide to return for another stay, please feel free to let me know directly and I will be more than happy to make the necessary arrangement.

Meanwhile, have a wonderful honeymoon continuation.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here and we where very impressed, we had a little cottage with our own terrace. Very good breakfast and lovely pool.
The sunset was really amazing, also the rain was impressive but welcome, because of the high temperature, we were there in february 2003 in the rain season but no problem at all.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Ciska63,

Warm greetings from us all at Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and your compliments are highly appreciated.

Today is still warm sunny day in Bali, I reckon that the rainy season is coming a bit later this year.

Once again, thank you from us all and we look forward to seeing you again in Legian Beach Hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel located directly on the beach and a short walk most everything you would need while staying in Kuta. On an international level it is a 4 star hotel.

My only source of aggregation during my 25 day vacation was checking in at the hotel and the desk clerk who should be grateful that he has such a good job
working at this type hotel instead of picking plastic bottles out of the trash for earning a wage.

I arrived at the hotel at 10am which I knew is before the hotels time to check-in. I was told to return to front desk around 2 pm and they would a room for me. No problem as they have facilities to change into my swim suit and enjoyed the beach and the pool. Around 2pm I went to the front desk and was assisted by the most incompitied and hot headed clerk I have ever deal with. He starts by spending about 20 minutes looking at his computer screen over and over and over looking for room to avail, I assume he had no idea what he was at. I ask to see his manager and all of the sudden he blew offhand starts screaming at me that this situation was my fault because it wasn't 3pm yet...it was now 2:50. I reminded him that it i andall of other guests staying at the hotel is providing him with his job He goes behind the counter and their is a lot of loud conversation. Another front clerk comes out, by now I am agitated and this person was not authorized to do anything. I was finally told that the front desk manager would be coming in to work at 3 :00 pm, it was already 3:10pm I wait from him "finds"a room with a view of a brick wall, the next room shown Had a view on the roof, the next room was a very nice room but as soon as walk into the room your eyes start burning from cigerette smoke. The four room was one of cottage rooms which was perfect. This entire episode took two hours I would him left long before but I had prepaid for the entire 5 day stay. I also, as an owner of a business I would have fired the first clerk on the spot. How could some In a service industry put up with somebody like this?

Another thing on the Saturday night the hotel provided a "free" dinner since there was some construction going on. The food was a cheap cruise ship fare...with the hotel making a tidy profit on selling their overpriced drinks.

The grounds, pool location, and "regular" rooms were quite good. The cottage rooms are not much bigger than the regular rooms and the furnishing room are also about the same. Definitely not worth paying the vast difference in price. Unless you are getting a half price discount including breakfast I would stay else where and that desk clerk is not working there anymore!

Ete

Room Tip: Get a room facing the garden
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ugaworldtraveler

Dear Ugaworldtraveler,

Greetings from Legian Beach Hotel and I hope this note finds you well.

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your comments, from which I can understand your disappointment. Herewith I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In order to handle the case properly, I would need to know under what name your booking was made so that we can back track our records.. I would appreciate if you could write to me at generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com

Your compliments about our hotel is appreciated and your feedback regarding our complimentary buffet dinner is also noted.

Last but not least, thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Only had a short trip to the Legian Beach but this was made all the more memorable following the evening we had dinner outside at the open restaurant in front of the beach, live band playing, great menu and lovely food, drinks just keep them coming! If you like good service, a peaceful and romantic atmosphere this hotel cannot be missed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Designer699

Dear Designer 699,

Warm greetings from Legian Beach Hotel to you and thank you for staying with us and patronizing our beachfront restaurant and we are happy to know that you have had a wonderful time.

Thank you for your recommendation and compliments which we highly appreciate.

At anytime you plan to return to Legian Beach Hotel, please do not hesitate to let me know directly.

Meanwhile, may we wish you a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Once again a great time had staying at Legian Beach Hotel. The staff attentive and friendly. The rooms very clean with everything you need for a relaxing holiday. Breakfast is fabulous with so much choice. A must is the pancake section. The location on the beach makes it easy to go for an early morning walk or a swim in the surf. The gardens are beautiful in the grounds. Try the Lais Restaurant for excellent Indonesian Food. Black Rice Pudding for dessert is fabulous. You over look the beach while eating right in the Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane B
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Jane B,

Sunny greetings from Legian Beach Hotel. Thank you for staying with us again and giving us your reviews. i strongly believe that your recommendations will be useful for those who have not tried the hotel or the yummy Black Rice Pudding.

Happy to know that you have had a wonderful stay and please let us know directly when your next holiday schedule pops up and we will be more than happy to prepare the required arrangement.

In the meantime, may we all wish you a wonderful time.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Spent almost a week there, the breakfasts were good, especially the omelettes - you could choose what you wanted in them and they made it in front of you. Rooms were clean, dinners were fairly ordinary. Great location, close to shops and right on the beach. Best of all was the Bali friendliness, staff were genuinely happy to serve you and ensure that your stay was comfortable, they provided a surprise cake for my sons birthday with candles and a lovely card from management - totally unexpected. Would definitely stay there again, lovely green surroundings too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear DesireeB305,

A very warm greetings from us all at Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with all audiences.

We are so glad that you have an enjoyable stay and thank you for your compliments.

We all look forward to your return in your next holiday and please feel free to let me know directly if I can be of any assistance.

Meanwhile, may we all wish you a wonderful time ahead.

E:generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!