“Ticks all the boxes.”
Review of Kayun Hostel

Kayun Hostel
Ranked #47 of 86 Specialty Lodging in Legian
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights in a 16 bed mixed dorm; which normally would sound horrendous however the way the dorm is designed allows for privacy and space, all beds have luggage storage underneath (good place to store valuables) and bathrooms were just next door. The whole place was very clean, with a pool and decking area and a bar and restaurant (free breakfast) we had nothing to complain about :D
Great common area to socialise in and just minutes away from the strip of bars in Kuta.
Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Private rooms may work out cheaper if you are in a group.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Claret29

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the Kayun Hostel in Legian from the 24th of Jan to the 28th of Jan. What a lovely place. We stayed in room 102 that is right by the pool side. Clean rooms, bathroom, pool, dining area. The staffs have been very helpful and friendly. Since we were there during the Australia Day weekend... lots and lots of Australians and they were very friendly too.

Next time in Bali... Only in Kayun!!!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms by the poolside. Might have a pay a little extra... but totally worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First stop in Bali and we were willing to spend a bit more for the first two nights so we booked Kayun twin room for 24$ each. The room was very clean and stylish as the rest of the hostel. Nice staff and good free breakfast!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

First time to Bali and first time to live in a hostel,I live in the 16 mixed room and didn't expect much but was impressed with the place, great way to make new friends and party goers, the little pool is great for a cool off, the location is very convenient, 5 mins walks to Kuta famous night life and 10mins walk to the beach, passing shopping areas on the way. From the airport the taxi new exactly where it was and the staff are friendly. Was gonna stay for a night only but end up staying my whole 5 days trip here. If i come back to Bali on a budget ill def choose it again.

Room Tip: well i can still sleep through a hurricane so if you are a light sleeper, then get a private room, m...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here recently and had a great time.

Good location - only 15 min walk to the main nightclubs...sky garden/bounty etc
Great atmosphere - met a lot of friendly people there, had a couple of good nights out with them
Good facilities - can arrange laundry for you (things do get lost, but it does smell great!), they hire out scooters, have a TV/couch area with DVD's, free breakfast, small pool.

I stayed in the 16 dorm room which was fine, a little noisy but thats what you get. Beds were spacious, room had AC, secure, lockable draws under the bed which I managed to squeeze my large backpack into.

Only downer is its not cheap at 190,000 p/night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Bali early Nov 2012 and my friend and I had never been before. She booked us a hostel, and it happened to be Kayun Hostel.

I arrived late at night, and when I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was decorated lovely, with painted walls and the bed was fresh and cozy. There were plenty of towels for the two of us.
The next morning we went to the breakfast that was included in the room rate, and it was very simple; hard boiled eggs, toast and jam, coffee or juice (tang). It wasn't anything special but it filled our bellies. We took a walk around the neighbourhood which is very busy. It is also located close to a bar called Sky Garden that does free drinks on certain nights of the week.
The pool is lovely, a perfect temperature to cool down in the crazy heat. They had nice lounge chairs, and we met some cool travellers there.
The beach is not so close to this location, and we found the beach closest to here was also swarming with people trying to sell you things.
The price was a little bit steep, after seeing that we could get a much bigger room with nicer breakfast and closer to the beach in Seminyak for a little bit less.
All in all, the accommodations were good, but the location did not suit us for what we wanted, so we moved up to Seminyak after 2 nights, but for short stay I would definitely recommend it but maybe not for a tight budget backpacker (unless you stay in the dorm rooms which I never got to see).

Room Tip: I was in a room overlooking the pool, and the sun shot right in my face in the morning. If you like...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. I had booked in the female dorm but they were redecorating they day I got there so put me in a private room for 1 night at no extra cost. The dorm room is really big, plus there are massive lockable draws under the bed that you can fit a rucksack in, with power point and light for each bed.
The free breakfast was particularly good- toast with spreads, cereal, fresh fruit and fruit juice, as well as coffee all day long.
The swimming pool is a bit small but really nice if you can't be bothered to go to the beach (about 10 min walk away).
The bathrooms were well equipped, clean and always available.
There is a lounge/ cafe area to meet other guests, but I didn't feel this was a party hostel as such. I always managed to get a good nights sleep without being disturbed.
It is pricey, but this is Kuta!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Bali Caps Hostel
#10 of 210 in Kuta
M Hostel
M Hostel
#79 of 430 in Seminyak

Been to Kayun Hostel? Share your experiences!